Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also still missing the slight reveal of his neck tattoos. you can see it in some tv spots. The JL figure suffers from the same annoying problem. Come on hot toys.. your whole shtick is supposed to be accuracy..dammit

Not picking this up and sticking with the JL version but despite some complaints of it, I like the re-use of Anakin's base as water.

Man I didn't even notice that, but that is the same base isn't it? Very clever, I think that's a very smart reuse of that base.

Anyone paying these prices for these a very poor Aquaman(s) need an awakening. $243 for a horrible sculpt, fat body, and zero accessories. Over priced crap. Hot Toys is seriously dropping the ball on many of these new releases.

They need some serious competition to get better....and it's not Sideshow.

...Also I read people are complaining about "The Complainers" or "Trolls" on the boards. This is my first real bashing of a Hot Toy figure, and I own about 60 of them. So I am allowed to be pissed off. If we keep purchasing these bad sculpts and figures for the sake of just having them then whats the point of it all?

I refuse to add crap to my collection "Just Because". They need to do better. That's a ton of money, the increased prices do not warrant the work that is being done.

I know I've harped on this already but that head sculpt NEEDS to change and I wish they wouldn't use that rubber material on the body that all but obliterates articulation while you wait for it to rip, tear or disintegrate.

...Also I read people are complaining about "The Complainers" or "Trolls" on the boards. This is my first real bashing of a Hot Toy figure, and I own about 60 of them. So I am allowed to be pissed off. If we keep purchasing these bad sculpts and figures for the sake of just having them then whats the point of it all?

I refuse to add crap to my collection "Just Because". They need to do better. That's a ton of money, the increased prices do not warrant the work that is being done.

I personally don't think the figure looks as bad as you do but that's ok. I have about 20 Hot Toys figures, I only buy the ones I like, if I had the money I'd buy more, and possibly figures I don't think look that great. If I could mod and customize figures this would be a fun one to try and mess with. I see nothing wrong with people voicing their gripes about these figures, it's an expensive hobby and for the prices we pay, these should be pretty screen accurate and or loaded with accessories. I mean I don't have all of the Guardians of the Galaxy because some of the figures Hot Toys put out did not meet my standards. This Aquaman doesn't meet yours, that's perfectly fair. These prices keep climbing, I'm gonna be buying less of these per year for sure now.

Agree with all the comments about the hair, I was really hoping they'd change it. :( Oh well, but I am happy this is actually up for preorder now and didn't just vanish from existence! Seems no chance of Black Manta or Mera which is a real bummer.

View attachment 436853

The sculpt really is a missed opportunity. his hair was never that puffy looking. it needs more blonde highlights and should have draped behind him more. With a lot more of a wet appearance. its a shame. but ill get it nevertheless

That was something I noticed real quick, especially when on land, his hair had LOTS of blonde highlights, this figure seems to have none as it looks like the JL head sculpt. I'm optimistic they might tweak this a bit before release though.

This photo makes it pretty clear that his upper torso is a different color than his belt, yet HT has both the same shade of gold. Hopefully this and his head sculpt/hair gets updated, otherwise I can't see picking this up. :(

We need something like this. Lazy HT.

Untitled-2.jpg

Lol, I have one convo with my brother about Metallica riffs and my phone just assumes that everything is Bay Area thrash.

I grew up in the Bay Area thrash scene in the 1980’s. Metallica died to me the day the Black album dropped. Never have I felt so betrayed by a band. To quote Kerry King on the Load album, calling it- “Load of $h1t”.

When I listen to old Metallica it just make me sad to think their last 20 years of music just sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aside from the issues everyone's discussing, it looks like those things on his hips are going to be hard plastic and probably remove most left/right movement of his legs. I think it's really vibrant and looks good but not really interested. Especially at $243 with 1 accessory.

edit. I loved Metallica's last album.

edit. I loved Metallica's last album.

You are wrong, “And Justice for All” was their last relevant album (to me). I mean I guess “Black” was relevant in announcing to the world that they were going to stop playing thrash, and simplify their music for the masses and radio play.

Go listen to Rivers of Nihil, “Where Owls Know My Name” if you want the best metal album of the last year. Metal with saxophone solos. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess no one ever reads the text "Prototype shown is not final..." :dunno

Most of us follow HT for quite some time and know how HT operates. Yes, they sometimes make changes for better, but that's rare as unicorn on meadow. And even more unlikely if figure is already put on PO.

Back