Hot Toys ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is strange that they didn't at least go with material for the knee pads and the "netting" section if they couldn't do the whole suit.

A little mixed media here besides the cap for the headsculpt would have been nice.

Rip's Moebius Suit didn't have all that extra armor plating did it? I know it had shoulder pads but I don't remember knee pads and all that, maybe it will be a cloth suit...

Ya, since Kane has 2 heads and 2 helmets, at least he could be shown without his helmet.

It doesn't mention that the helmets and heads are separate. I think the heads and helmets are one piece, and you get a second head/helmet with damage. It would make it easier to have the electronics that way as well.

Those are key, of course.

But I'm in for Dallas too, just in case this line ends prematurely. I don't want to be scouring ebay a year from now for a Dallas when these things could go the way of Hicks and some of the marines.

It doesn't mention that the helmets and heads are separate. I think the heads and helmets are one piece, and you get a second head/helmet with damage. It would make it easier to have the electronics that way as well.

Upon closer inspection I think that the lights are in the collar so the helmet removal doesn't effect them.

So do the lights on the helmets light up, or is it just the backpack? I would think the helmet lights would be the one that people would look for on these figures. I didn't even know there were lights on the backpacks.

Last edited:
Cloth suits are definitely a possibility. Just look at what Blue Box gave us in 2004:
u2_Full_fig_4.jpg

And Dragon in 2003:
review_buck_3.jpg

Hot Toys is fully capable of making Moebius space suits for $150-$200. The BB U2 Pilot was under $50 and the Dragon one was about $100.
I just feel HT isn't putting enough effort into these.

Yeah, I would figure that it might be a little more expensive because of production, but no that much more expensive. I think that they would look ridiculously amazing in fabric suits with the hard armored plastic pieces here and there with accuracy and asetics in mind.

I think the suits for the Nostromos crew would be more difficult to reproduce as they are more complicated than the other two figures. To me it looks like there is a greater variety of materials being used and putting it all together would be more of a task... IMO.

Actually, no I think I might disagree with myself upon further reflection... I do think they are a bit more complicated (added webbing and a few bits) but really the other space suits provided aren't too far off.

htalien1.jpg

Yeah, I was hoping for cloth. Too bad, it would have been amazing.

Cloth suits are definitely a possibility.

Hot Toys is fully capable of making Moebius space suits for $150-$200. The BB U2 Pilot was under $50 and the Dragon one was about $100.
I just feel HT isn't putting enough effort into these.
I'm with you there screamingmetal. Hot Toys suck. There I said it. They are using about as much cloth as Neca, these days. And people make a fuss about Sideshow prices. :rolleyes:

I think something is lost in translation with the "pvc suit" idea. The armor on the suit is obviously PVC but the under suit looks to be rubber like on the xenomorph torsos. I'd prefer it to be cloth, but all that detail in cloth would probably make them closer to $500 figures.

Oooh, execellent point there Dave. If the suits are the same material as the Aliens rubber, I'm going to be quite weary of getting figures in the suits. The paint work on the ALIENS warrior looks great, but some areas have already flaked off, and while it's OK with the Alien because the base color is black and it would still look ok if it was all black, if these suits peel away, they're going to look pretty lackluster.

I'm with you there screamingmetal. Hot Toys suck. There I said it. They are using about as much cloth as Neca, these days. And people make a fuss about Sideshow prices. :rolleyes:

You know I'll probably buy these because I'm Hot Toy's B-itch. :lol
I really want Moebius astronaut suit figures, I'll have to learn how to sew and make them myself.

You know I'll probably buy these because I'm Hot Toy's B-itch. :lol
I really want Moebius astronaut suit figures, I'll have to learn how to sew and make them myself.

Yeah, I ordered Kane as well. You may be Hot Toys b-itch, me, I'm just b-itchin. :lol

These suits are far more complex than the Apollo or U2 suits - just look at all the quilting and the rope cross patterns.

I think Ripley had the armor on hers as well but it was also white.

The suits are gorgeous, but they would have been much more beautiful in fabric and mixed media.
Again, I'll have to see headsculpts before committing to these.

EDIT: In a way, I'm starting to worry a bit with HT...
The more I think about it, the more I feel fabric and mixed media wouldn't have been that hard to pull off.
Let's see, there's the basic "suit" itself, which could be made of fabric, it's not that complex. Then there's the cricket like padding on the shins and forearms: molded plastic. The netting: fabric. The armor, helmet and boots: plastic.
What's so terribly difficult about that?

I know it's not easy to design these things and get them made, but it is the same exact design for four figures. Just in different colors. And then, just the fabric (which can be dyed in the four different colors) and the armor is the same except in Ripley's case where it is all white...

Last edited:
Simple. They're cutting corners to cut cost and gain profit.
As much as I would like to say that Hot Toys is there for us.... the fact remains that they are a business. Their true goal is to make $$$

I don't disagree that the "undersuit" should be cloth...but maybe the Darklord is right...the overall costs of it might have pushed the figure to $200+ and I think overall that would've had a lot of people opt out of buying these. I think even Hot Toys has some prices that they would choose not to go over. I'm not a HUGE fan of the ALIEN human characters so if this figure was going to have the cloth undersuit and be $200....I wouldn't buy any.

Now these I can somewhat understand why they would choose to make in PVC plastic instead of all the fabric detail. However I don't get why Davy Jones' coat is all plastic...surely they could've made that out of cloth and glued all the barnicles and stuff to it? :confused:

Now these I can somewhat understand why they would choose to make in PVC plastic instead of all the fabric detail. However I don't get why Davy Jones' coat is all plastic...surely they could've made that out of cloth and glued all the barnicles and stuff to it? :confused:

Not to stray too far off course, but as much detail as there is to Jone's coat, overtime I think glue would give out and without the pieces, it wouldn't look as good. I think it was the right choice with him to get the detail needed.

Though Ill probably get Kane I do think HT dropped the ball not making the suits out of cloth like has been said before other have done space suits in cloth at reasonable prices

Back