Hot Toys ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to have them by 26-27 at the latest, but only because I'm into sports and I want to be young enough when they get older to shoot hoops with them and stuff, provided I have a son(s).

But if you have kids that young, that'll definitely cut into the figures/collectbles funds. :google I still see myself buying this stuff at 26-27. Well, I'm 20 and in college, so maybe that'll all change in the next few years. It seems you are a much wiser person than I, Maulfan.

But if you have kids that young, that'll definitely cut into the figures/collectbles funds. :google I still see myself buying this stuff at 26-27. Well, I'm 20 and in college, so maybe that'll all change in the next few years. It seems you are a much wiser person than I, Maulfan.

It's not wisdom, it's just a matter of what your priorities are. I love collecting, but I'd much rather have a wonderful wife to come home to and at some point, children to raise and spend time with it. I'll still collect the rest of my life, but it's importance in my life right now is only because of the absence of greater things that mean something to me.

Overall I like the look of these Mobius suits. Its a poor decision to make the suits in PVC though, looks cheap under scruitiny.

As for collecting in general, I always preffer quality over quantity but I really dont know how some of you guys manage to buy so much stuff. Im slowly getting out of collecting now because I have other interests and my disposable income towards collecting had dissappeared with living costs.

Last edited:

i have a few demented plans... by the time im 27- 30 .. i want to be able to afford 1:1 collectables..:lol . ill take a tumbler (batman begins):lol:lol

Alien Attack!

AlienAttack.jpg

:chew

I just wish I knew what HT's plan was. It seems a little strange to me that they're releasing 2 suited figures at once.

My guess is starting the reuse of the molds quickly... thats a lot of sculpting for each one. So my guess is they will recycle them as much as possible.

My guess is starting the reuse of the molds quickly... thats a lot of sculpting for each one. So my guess is they will recycle them as much as possible.

Yep, certainly they'll finish up with Lambert in blue spacesuit and Ripley in white.

I'm guessing Ripley in white spacesuit and Giger Alien will be the SDCC announcement. Unless they actually do the regular crew in regular clothes.

Let's hope once they're done with the spacesuit versions that they'll actually go the distance and make the entire crew, home-made weapons and all.

Yep, certainly they'll finish up with Lambert in blue spacesuit and Ripley in white.

I'm guessing Ripley in white spacesuit and Giger Alien will be the SDCC announcement. Unless they actually do the regular crew in regular clothes.

Let's hope once they're done with the spacesuit versions that they'll actually go the distance and make the entire crew, home-made weapons and all.

I imagine that'll depend on sales. You'd think they'd have made at least Bishop as well for ALIENS and didn't, they may think only the suited crew will sell because of the lights and suits making them more interesting than just people, like the colonial marines.

I imagine that'll depend on sales. You'd think they'd have made at least Bishop as well for ALIENS and didn't, they may think only the suited crew will sell because of the lights and suits making them more interesting than just people, like the colonial marines.

Well, yeah that's been my thinking from the start. The reg crew just isn't that interesting for non-fan collectors. But as a fan, I HOPE they find it worthwhile to do the reg crew.

At least we're guaranteed the 4 spacesuits and the alien.

And I'm still disappointed that they didn't do Bishop for Aliens. It's a very strong indicator that they won't necessarily do ALL Alien characters regardless of how much we want it. Already there's plenty of people posting here that said they don't even want the Dallas spacesuit figure, so I'm eager to see just how well these figures sell in the real world and not just in the imaginary "I wish" world.

Last edited:
Well, yeah that's been my thinking from the start. The reg crew just isn't that interesting for non-fan collectors. But as a fan, I HOPE they find it worthwhile to do the reg crew.

At least we're guaranteed the 4 spacesuits and the alien.

OH I'm totally with you that it'd be cool to see the crew in their ship fatigues. Unfortunately, we're in a small number I'd imagine. Too bad it's director's cut, it'd be cool to get like a diorama of sorts of Brent and Dallas in the egg cacoons.

I hope that any Ripley they do has her hair down and has it as part of the HS like Rambo 3, but part of me fears they might use the "wig" method like Sideshow uses on some longer haired characters and HT used for Elizabeth Swann, and it just takes the quality down a notch to see it separated from the head like that. I'm also worried for production, they might do her hair up like it was for about 15 minutes of the whole film.

In their line of bold pieces like the PL, how sweet would it be if they did the whole crew in standard clothes, and made a kitchen table with the ability to add a Kane "figure" where the chest burster can pop out of him.

In their line of bold pieces like the PL, how sweet would it be if they did the whole crew in standard clothes, and made a kitchen table with the ability to add a Kane "figure" where the chest burster can pop out of him.

:) Here we go dreaming again. COOL would be an understatement for that.

But first, let's even get the reg outfitted characters. If they were going to do all the characters, I would think they would start with Kane and Dallas in reg clothes, knowing that many would buy the Kane and Dallas in spacesuits when it was offered later. Now, many would not buy a reg Kane and Dallas because they have the "cooler" version in spacesuits. Just my thinking here. But maybe, like Jack Sparrow #2 with alt head, I suppose they could offer so much cool gear and maybe different stages of the alien with reg characters that it would be hard to pass up, even for repeats of Dallas and Kane. A reg Kane with pop-out chestburster action would be a must!

I'm surprised they're soliciting these without the portraits - I'm sure it's just that Fox hasn't signed off on them yet. HT knows that we expect portraits of the actors now, if they were using blanks or generic heads they'd just show them.

I think something is lost in translation with the "pvc suit" idea. The armor on the suit is obviously PVC but the under suit looks to be rubber like on the xenomorph torsos. I'd prefer it to be cloth, but all that detail in cloth would probably make them closer to $500 figures.

It is strange that they didn't at least go with material for the knee pads and the "netting" section if they couldn't do the whole suit.

A little mixed media here besides the cap for the headsculpt would have been nice.

I think something is lost in translation with the "pvc suit" idea. The armor on the suit is obviously PVC but the under suit looks to be rubber like on the xenomorph torsos. I'd prefer it to be cloth, but all that detail in cloth would probably make them closer to $500 figures.

I think thats exactly what we are getting. Nice that the armor bits are seperate and a different material. That helps with the appearance. And since you can see some posing from one picture to the next it does appear the suit is pliable like the Alien bodies. I do hope the base body is strong enough to hold poses though, that's one issue I've run into with the Metaluna Mutant. While he looks goreat, he's pretty much a one pose figure.

Back