1/6 Hot Toys 60's Batman figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem as I see itis that Batgirl is far down on the list of most wanted characters. Batman, Robin, Joker, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, etc. Then you have all the other bad guys who may also be a priority as many of them were a part of the show before she was introduced, King Tut, etc. Season three is also when the show started to go down, poor funding, cheap sets. The introduction of Batgirl during that season is associated with the end of the show. Who knows, maybe they will see success of the other characters and bring her in with a reasonable offer.

I never get people who want the bad guys. Maybe Joker, but still I don't want him. But Riddler, Penguin, or King Tut? Not for me. Catwoman I would only get because she's so pretty and funny in the show.

But season three was different. There were only a few dual episodes. Many bad (cheap) sets. But I didn't notice when I was young. Only recently re-watching the show.

For more information on Batgirl, check out the 1966 batman message board. Great site with excellent information.

Thanks. It seems like the Moderator over there knows a bit about what's going on. I bet WB tried to offer her a flat sum for everything merchandise/toy/figure related. Which anyone should walk away from. But I did see mention that these figures aren't supposed to come out till 2015, which is crazy. But that gives WB time to see the interest in Batgirl stuff and do the right thing.

All great points..except for Yvonne, the third season is very hard to watch....:slap

Yeah, Yvonne Craig as Batgirl is the standout of Season 3. The whole setup revolves around her in many episodes. I just can't believe we would only get Batman and Robin and not the trio.

Looking forward to some great coverage on these two. Most looking forward to a Cesar Joker if he's on the drawing board.

:rotfl yeah I guess it is.

I'm just trying to be realistic with my wants. I really don't see Hot Toys doing anything beyond Batman and Robin and the four main villains (Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman). I would love as much '66 Batman as I can get, but I figure the less I hope for, the less disappointed I will be.

It all depends on how it sells. If it sells HT will milk it. We know this first hand.

Looking forward to some great coverage on these two. Most looking forward to a Cesar Joker if he's on the drawing board.

He better have the painted=over mustache. :lecture

cesar-romero-joker.jpg

Yeah Gorshin was great.

Like I said, they could make a killing with variants. Release a standard Gorshin figure, and, later on, you could give him the "suit and tie" look, as an Ani-Com exclusive. Surf's Up Batman and Joker. The Irradiayed Cowl Batman, etc. Hell, they could even do one with a rubber shark, a ladder dio, and a can of Bat-Shark Repellant. If they're smart, they won't let this line go after a couple of figures.

He better have the painted=over mustache. :lecture

cesar-romero-joker.jpg

If Mattel didn't miss that detail, I don't know if HT will. Then again, these are the guys who failed to give their Christian Bale heads his mole before people started requesting it.:lol

:rotfl yeah I guess it is.

I'm just trying to be realistic with my wants. I really don't see Hot Toys doing anything beyond Batman and Robin and the four main villains (Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman). I would love as much '66 Batman as I can get, but I figure the less I hope for, the less disappointed I will be.

Agreed...we'll be lucky to get Joker and Riddler...this is HT folks- it may be quite awhile to get anything beyond B&R:gah:

I told myself that I wouldn't get anything '66, but now that I see them I'm not so sure...

Hot Toys goes through them (WB) to get the license to produce the 1/6 figures,but not all the actor's came along or agreed in the DEAL...so in otherwords,Batgirl is one of the hold-outs and WB couldn't get her signed (yet,at least for now) because of them offering a low ball offer.

tumblr_m79h1juYaI1r650zvo1_400.gif

Batgirl was one of the ones I wanted more than any of the villains. I guess my hopes of Batgirl and her cycle are gone….unless they go the Sonny Landham route but I have no ability to repaint...

Batgirl was one of the ones I wanted more than any of the villains. I guess my hopes of Batgirl and her cycle are gone….unless they go the Sonny Landham route but I have no ability to repaint...

Agreed. With no Batgirl in the works - count me out for this series.

Pretty sure someone will fill the gap with an unlicensed Batgirl ala Art Figures.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants Batgirl the most. I thought I might be some kind of weirdo or something.

I have the Kato figure, so I'm finally going to be able to put him to good use.

I told myself that I wouldn't get anything '66, but now that I see them I'm not so sure...

Same here. And I think it will be worse once specs and pics pop up. I keep thinking how colorful and fun these things will be to own. I dunno...It depends on other licenses Im more interested in and when they come out. I'd have to get both Batman and Robin though. No way I could just get Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back