1/6 Hot Toys 60's Batman figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman & Robin (must have)

Joker, Riddler, Penguin, & Catwoman (Julie Newmar) (definite wants)

After that... :dunno

Since both figures posed in one pic..do you think this might be a DX twin pack????
It would be sort of nice if that were the case. Either way I hope to get them both. Really not sure on if I want villains if they even make any. Romero Joker and Gorshin Riddler would be the two main villains I'd want.

as of now,we'll never see Batgirl

peanuts were offered for her likeness and she said NO! they are going to have to offer her more

Were did you read/hear about this? It would be strange that Hot Toys was able to get Batman and Robin yet Batgirl was a separate agreement. But who knows how those contracts were setup.

I can't see Hot Toys offering a small amount compared to what they have to be paying for other character likenesses as well.

Were did you read/hear about this? It would be strange that Hot Toys was able to get Batman and Robin yet Batgirl was a separate agreement. But who knows how those contracts were setup.

I can't see Hot Toys offering a small amount compared to what they have to be paying for other character likenesses as well.

Someone who knows her personally explained it all on the Mego forums....The 66 Batman license is a universal license.The Actor's agree their likeness,get paid,and then their likeness is available to be used universally on ANY 66' Batman products that get made,which is all through the main license holder...WARNER BROTHERS

Hot Toys goes through them (WB) to get the license to produce the 1/6 figures,but not all the actor's came along or agreed in the DEAL...so in otherwords,Batgirl is one of the hold-outs and WB couldn't get her signed (yet,at least for now) because of them offering a low ball offer.

Someone who knows her personally explained it all on the Mego forums....The 66 Batman license is a universal license.The Actor's agree their likeness,get paid,and then their likeness is available to be used universally on ANY 66' Batman products that get made,which is all through the main license holder...WARNER BROTHERS

Hot Toys goes through them (WB) to get the license to produce the 1/6 figures,but not all the actor's came along or agreed in the DEAL...so in otherwords,Batgirl is one of the hold-outs and WB couldn't get her signed (yet,at least for now) because of them offering a low ball offer.

So this doesn't apply just to Hot Toys but all Batgirl toys/figures for Yvonne Craig. That's interesting. Where is this Mego forum? I thought they didn't make Mego figures anymore anyway. Was this older information? Perhaps the people at WB/Hot Toys haven't shown her the quality of new figures. Maybe that will convince her. I just can't imaging WB stiffing her and giving Batman/Robin premiums.

So this doesn't apply just to Hot Toys but all Batgirl toys/figures for Yvonne Craig. That's interesting. Where is this Mego forum? I thought they didn't make Mego figures anymore anyway. Was this older information? Perhaps the people at WB/Hot Toys haven't shown her the quality of new figures. Maybe that will convince her. I just can't imaging WB stiffing her and giving Batman/Robin premiums.
I believe someone bought the Mego name and makes figures in a similar fashion. I've seen some at a few comic shops and they were newer figures.

its very recent and she still hasn't sign on....until WB gives her more than just a bag of peanuts (more money),it's not going to happen...

because Batman 66 is licensed to WB,Hot Toys cannot make a Batgirl until her likeness is sign on (as of now,she is not signed)...same with Mattel,Same with Figures Toy Company who is making the 8" Mego's

Well that kind of sucks. Batgirl is the one I would've wanted the most, actually.

As much as that really sucks, at least now we can pretty expect to not be getting a Batgirl.

its very recent and she still hasn't sign on....until WB gives her more than just a bag of peanuts (more money),it's not going to happen...

because Batman 66 is licensed to WB,Hot Toys cannot make a Batgirl until her likeness is sign on (as of now,she is not signed)...same with Mattel,Same with Figures Toy Company who is making the 8" Mego's

I did some searching and I guess you are talking about the Mego Museum forum? However, I didn't find the exact post. Pass me the link.

It's just messed up that the lawyers couldn't get her to sign with Batman and Robin. But if they offered her a lot less of a fee, it might have been best to walk away. I mean the whole third season was almost focused on Batgirl.

There is no way Yvonne is going to get anything near what Adam and Burt were offered. Unfortunately, their offer was so minimal, she chose to decline and rightfully so. They may be holding back and waiting to see how the rest of the line does and then make another offer. If they feel the line is not producing up to their requirements, then they will feel that they were justified and saved some $.

There is no way Yvonne is going to get anything near what Adam and Burt were offered. Unfortunately, their offer was so minimal, she chose to decline and rightfully so. They may be holding back and waiting to see how the rest of the line does and then make another offer. If they feel the line is not producing up to their requirements, then they will feel that they were justified and saved some $.

Do you have more details? I don't know how their contracts for likenesses work. But if it was just a fee for likeness then she should get equal. Unless the thinking is that people will want Batman and Robin more than Batgirl. I would want Batgirl more than Robin. Her lawyer should have negotiated if for example Batman and Robin get 100% on the fee then Batgirl gets at least 75-80% of that fee and get back the missed percentage on sales.

Waiting on release seems like a bad idea for Yvonne Craig's side if that's what they are doing. Because you never know how well vintage toys will do. Especially with figures. With Sideshow statues the girl characters sell well. With figures I'm not too sure. Black Widow seems ok. But the whole doll thing can be iffy if not done correctly.

The problem as I see itis that Batgirl is far down on the list of most wanted characters. Batman, Robin, Joker, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, etc. Then you have all the other bad guys who may also be a priority as many of them were a part of the show before she was introduced, King Tut, etc. Season three is also when the show started to go down, poor funding, cheap sets. The introduction of Batgirl during that season is associated with the end of the show. Who knows, maybe they will see success of the other characters and bring her in with a reasonable offer.

For more information on Batgirl, check out the 1966 batman message board. Great site with excellent information.

The problem as I see itis that Batgirl is far down on the list of most wanted characters. Batman, Robin, Joker, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, etc. Then you have all the other bad guys who may also be a priority as many of them were a part of the show before she was introduced, King Tut, etc. Season three is also when the show started to go down, poor funding, cheap sets. The introduction of Batgirl during that season is associated with the end of the show. Who knows, maybe they will see success of the other characters and bring her in with a reasonable offer.

All great points..except for Yvonne, the third season is very hard to watch....:slap

Can't wait for these. I have a couple of custom '66 Batman and Robin, but Hot Toys! :yess:

[ame]https://youtu.be/RLZQ3OLEJWE[/ame]
[ame]https://youtu.be/d85gkOXeXG4[/ame]

Barry I. Grauman 1 year ago
This was actually a brief "demonstration film", produced by William Dozier in early 1967, for ABC executives (never broadcast) to show them what "BATGIRL" would look like as a potential series [a full 30 minute pilot was never produced]. As 'use theforce' has noted, Yvonne Craig ended up becoming a part of 'BATMAN"...with ONE important change: her mask's sharp points left welts on her face. The edges were rounded for the series...
[ame]https://youtu.be/QCvw90myFBI[/ame]

:lol that's a veritable wedding cake of desire

:rotfl yeah I guess it is.

I'm just trying to be realistic with my wants. I really don't see Hot Toys doing anything beyond Batman and Robin and the four main villains (Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman). I would love as much '66 Batman as I can get, but I figure the less I hope for, the less disappointed I will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back