Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's all well and good, but considering the price of these things, I'd be pissed if it's falling apart in a year or two. You wouldn't be?

I definitely think we all would be devastated considering that this is such an amazing figure (I just bought one and its currently in the mail), but there are also things you can do to prevent it from falling apart, such as keeping it out of direct sunlight, keeping it in a detolf or a display cabinet to keep the dust off, etc.

I definitely think we all would be devastated considering that this is such an amazing figure (I just bought one and its currently in the mail), but there are also things you can do to prevent it from falling apart, such as keeping it out of direct sunlight, keeping it in a detolf or a display cabinet to keep the dust off, etc.

I'm not usually one to worry. I don't bother with detolfs or any of that stuff. I put them wherever. Not a particular collector that way. I buy these to display and don't worry about resale. Having said that, there's some things I expect as a result of my approach and crumbling figures isn't one of them. Some dust damage like staining etc is one thing, but decomposing bodies is something else entirely hehe.

I've also got a Big Chap on the way:pray:

That's all well and good, but considering the price of these things, I'd be pissed if it's falling apart in a year or two. You wouldn't be?

I'd be disappointed, sure, but if you look after it as xjamiex says, I'd be very surprised to see this deteriorate in a year or two. In fact if you do all the right things, I'd be surprised if you saw any change in the figure in less than ten years.

But let's just say he did fall apart in a year - I'd be bummed of course, but in terms of expense, I've blown that amount on a good night out, so I'm not going to agonise over it.

Sometimes in this hobby we get sold duds and there's no way of predicting how a figure might deteriorate until it's been released for a time. Mark III Iron Man is a good example of a figure that gave a lot of people a nasty surprise when the colour faded.

I'd be disappointed, sure, but if you look after it as xjamiex says, I'd be very surprised to see this deteriorate in a year or two. In fact if you do all the right things, I'd be surprised if you saw any change in the figure in less than ten years.

But let's just say he did fall apart in a year - I'd be bummed of course, but in terms of expense, I've blown that amount on a good night out, so I'm not going to agonise over it.

Sometimes in this hobby we get sold duds and there's no way of predicting how a figure might deteriorate until it's been released for a time. Mark III Iron Man is a good example of a figure that gave a lot of people a nasty surprise when the colour faded.

That puts things into perspective. I don't have the kind of cash you have I guess.

Exactly right Lejuan! It's like buying your dream car...After a while it gets worn in, you get chips and scratches and the new car smell fades....____ happens

That puts things into perspective. I don't have the kind of cash you have I guess.

Don't get me wrong, those kinds of nights all happened in that small window when I had a full-time job and no family to support. I was earning a wage, but it was an average wage, nothing special.

Exactly right Lejuan! It's like buying your dream car...After a while it gets worn in, you get chips and scratches and the new car smell fades....____ happens

If i didn't spend so much of my disposable income on dollies, maybe I'd actually be able to afford my dream car :lol

Just landed him tonight on Amazon of all places for $280.00. Which today doesn't look to bad but still kicking myself for not picking him up over the past summer for half of this. Lesson, if you can swing it $$$ and have a better than slight interest PULL THE TRIGGER. You can always resell down the road.:lecture Otherwise you just end up bending over.:horror

Just landed him tonight on Amazon of all places for $280.00. Which today doesn't look to bad but still kicking myself for not picking him up over the past summer for half of this. Lesson, if you can swing it $$$ and have a better than slight interest PULL THE TRIGGER. You can always resell down the road.:lecture Otherwise you just end up bending over.:horror

Congrats! :clap

Still one of the best I own! See signature below :lol

I love seeing this thread show up on the front page from time to time. Nice to see this figure has continued interest.

Damn, Im starting get interest on buying this figure. How much do you think would be a fair price for a new one?

Just received figure yesterday and is easily in my top 5 figures. Really regret not picking him up long ago when he was going cheap. If I had I'd probably have three on the shelf right now. Wondering if anyone knows if a custom helmet exists without the horse hair crest. Would be great to pick one up to be a Spartan soldier to go with the King. It's a shame that this line didn't do better. HT could of easily given us a companion Spartan and an Immortal would of rocked too. If HT is reading this DO IT NOW, I'm sure even after all this time they would sell much better than the first go round.

^congrats T, this one is easily one of my faves too :hi5: When I picked this guy up I was still fresh to 1:6 and had no idea what would happen to the price in just a few months. I would've picked up another one - it'd be comforting to know I had one MIB so I could pose the crap out of this one without worrying about the body.

There doesn't seem any likelihood of HT doing any more figs in the line because they've done away with the rubber bodies. You might find some luck with the custom helmet over at OSW, they love their military customs :)

Last edited:
I also just got my King Leonidas and I definitely wished I picked a few up when they were super cheap, but still, this figure is worth every penny!

Another 300? :lol Did you forget they all died at the end? What woudl they call it? 1? :rotfl

:slap D'oh! I never sat through this movie to the end. In fact I only lasted 20 minutes before I could no longer bear it. But had I known they were all going to die I might've just sat it out :lol

Back