Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got this today...and let me tell you....

....:yess: :hi5:

:love He is INCREDIBLE. So so so awesome. I love him. Hot Toys has really raised the bar here. The craftsmanship, engineering, and technology in this is so amazing. I can't believe they pulled it off.

He is now the centerpiece of my collection, although I say that for almost every figure I get :lol, but I think actually think I mean it this time. If your on the fence...jump. You won't regret it. It's more art than toy, yet it functions as both. My guess is people won't know what to think when they see it in my collection.

I'll post pics soon.

Haaaaaaaalllllppppp!!!!!!!!!!!

My Leo came with his hand broken off. The problem is the ball side of the peg is with the hand. That means the other half of the stick part is still INSIDE the arm hole. I can't get to it!

Heelppp!!!

Try drilling into the center of the peg with a small diameter drill bit. Then screw a screw into the hole, then pull it out.
This is just a suggestion, I have no idea if it will work. They sell screwdrivers that have prongs at the end of the tip for holding a screw for hard to get at places. If you can get the prongs around the ball and lock it in it may be able to pull the post out. May have to grind a little off of the screwdriver though to make room. Probably a simpler remedy but I over analyze things.

The ball is on the hand side. I can most likely get that off with tweezers and hot water. It's the peg that's all up in the arm that's causing a mess.

THIS IS SUCKY!

This is just a suggestion, I have no idea if it will work. They sell screwdrivers that have prongs at the end of the tip for holding a screw for hard to get at places. If you can get the prongs around the ball and lock it in it may be able to pull the post out. May have to grind a little off of the screwdriver though to make room. Probably a simpler remedy but I over analyze things.

Wont have enough strength to pull the peice out. Good thought though.

The drill bit should be just a little smaller then the peg. After drilling out there should be about a millimeter of plastic left around the hole. The screw needs to be a hair bigger then the hole you have drilled. that way when you screw it in, the threads of the screw will bite into the plastic of the plug. Just make sure the screw is not too big or it will push the plastic out and put more friction on the peg which in turn will make it harder to pull out. once its threaded in take a pair of pliers and pull in the head of the screw. Should come right out.

Holland if you that doesn't make sense then let me know and I can maybe make a picture demo for you. Don't sweat it too much, happens a lot.

If its the same peg size as mine a 1/16" bit should work

Wont have enough strength to pull the peice out. Good thought though.

The drill bit should be just a little smaller then the peg. After drilling out there should be about a millimeter of plastic left around the hole. The screw needs to be a hair bigger then the hole you have drilled. that way when you screw it in, the threads of the screw will bite into the plastic of the plug. Just make sure the screw is not too big or it will push the plastic out and put more friction on the peg which in turn will make it harder to pull out. once its threaded in take a pair of pliers and pull in the head of the screw. Should come right out.

Holland if you that doesn't make sense then let me know and I can maybe make a picture demo for you. Don't sweat it too much, happens a lot.

If its the same peg size as mine a 1/16" bit should work

Just got back from the hardware store, and I got 1/16". It looked to be the right size. I think I'm headed down the right path!

I'll let you know how it goes later tonight.

Thanks for all your help!

Back