Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that, although I'm (currently) not planning on getting the Tumbler (I'm sure you meant Tumbler not Bat-pod) because there simply is no space for it :(

Yep, you're right... I just edited it, cheers!

I don't know about others, but for me it the coolest collectible I have. :D

I'd guess its just this crumby economy, I'b bet most people would keep it if they didn't feel they 'needed', to sell.
I could be wrong, but it is pretty damn cool in hand!

I agree, one thing is seeing all these cool pictures, another is actually holding it in your hands. This is also one of my coolest collectibles I own.

But I guess in this economy right now is either you eat or you own a Batpod.

They are going dirt cheap in the sale section, $185 shipped. Damn, I paid $275 for mine (I know, I overpaid)

Luis

I agree, one thing is seeing all these cool pictures, another is actually holding it in your hands. This is also one of my coolest collectibles I own.

But I guess in this economy right now is either you eat or you own a Batpod.

They are going dirt cheap in the sale section, $185 shipped. Damn, I paid $275 for mine (I know, I overpaid)

Luis

That was one person and he usually offers sensible deals. It is used so it should go for less than retail. Why people don't understand that on here is beyond me. Selling it for close to retail is BS. Not every collectible goes up. These are mass produced plastic toys. High end or not, an opened toy that is new and readily available shouldn't go for as much or near retail IMO.

That, and it was damaged.

That was one person and he usually offers sensible deals. It is used so it should go for less than retail. Why people don't understand that on here is beyond me. Selling it for close to retail is BS. Not every collectible goes up. These are mass produced plastic toys. High end or not, an opened toy that is new and readily available shouldn't go for as much or near retail IMO.

I know, it was missing the gun cover. I think it was a great deal, opened or not. Of course, once it is open it looses the MIB value but if you plan on displaying it as well why pay retail value? If I had not own mine already I would had jumped all over that one, the missing gun cover is not a big deal, at least to me.

Luis

I would have jumped on that deal as well but I had just paid $240 shipped two weeks ago on ebay. I still have not recieved it. UPS is set to deliver tomorrow. The seller was a very slow shipper on this one.

I'd guess its just this crumby economy, I'b bet most people would keep it if they didn't feel they 'needed', to sell.
I could be wrong, but it is pretty damn cool in hand!

I just sold mine. And it wasn't because I needed to sell it. It was simply the fact that I bought the piece and it just sat there and did nothing. No figure on it, no nothing. I understand 12" figures also "sit there", but the Batpod isn't poseable and or a playable toy either. Plus it didn't look that cool just sitting there. It also doesn't carry the 'Character' aspect that 1/6 figures have which make them more important to own. Every time I saw it, I saw it taking up space and basically a pile of wasted money just sitting there. I just needed to get rid of it regardless if I made back what I paid or not.....it wasn't worth it to me.

This is also the reason why I am no longer getting the Batmobile, while it might be one of the best pieces ever made....it's not worth it.

It wasn't damaged, it was missing part of the front right gun piece. ;)

Yup these are awesome collectibles but with today’s economy, I just can't afford to waste 300 400 dollars on a toy car.

I open mine, looks incredible!, after that because I'm moving to the new place and I don't have place in my apartment, the Batpod is my trunk's car for almost a month.

Does anybody know how many inches wide the Tumbler will be? I'm getting this TV stand:

0085283600145_500X500.jpg

and the dimensions on Wal-Mart's website say that the stand is 20.28" wide and 31.97" long. If it will fit, I'll get the Tumbler to sit on the top glass shelf. It says that the shelves hold up to 40 pounds, I can't imagine the Tumbler will be that heavy.

SIZE: 1:6 scale, Approximate Product size: 73 x47 28 cm( L x W x H)

= 29 X 18 1/2 X 11 inches approximately.

I hope the wheels have a locking mechanism on that like the Pod. Or it's going to take a nose dive if it doesn't have those locks.

Thats going to be a beast of a display. Will Batman be standing behind it facing you?...

I hope the wheels have a locking mechanism on that like the Pod. Or it's going to take a nose dive if it doesn't have those locks.

Thats going to be a beast of a display. Will Batman be standing behind it facing you?...

Yes, if he can fit! I think its going to be a tight squeeze since I'll only have about an inch of extra room, but if I display him without his stand using the Tumbler as support I think I'll be able to fit him in there. :lol

Does anybody know how many inches wide the Tumbler will be? I'm getting this TV stand:

0085283600145_500X500.jpg

and the dimensions on Wal-Mart's website say that the stand is 20.28" wide and 31.97" long. If it will fit, I'll get the Tumbler to sit on the top glass shelf. It says that the shelves hold up to 40 pounds, I can't imagine the Tumbler will be that heavy.

Man !! that's a great Idea !
I hope it fits on there.
That would look so bad ass !!

I actually read that the package would be a little heavier than 40 pounds which means the tumbler would be under 40 pounds but that is a lot of money to be sitting on a glass shelf that is designed to only hold a couple more pounds than its entire weight. But it would look cool

I actually read that the package would be a little heavier than 40 pounds which means the tumbler would be under 40 pounds but that is a lot of money to be sitting on a glass shelf that is designed to only hold a couple more pounds than its entire weight. But it would look cool

Damn, I was hoping it wouldn't be that heavy. I might have to get something like this:
0081249201016_500X500.jpg

It is less attractive, but it can hold up to 250 pounds.

I just sold mine. And it wasn't because I needed to sell it. It was simply the fact that I bought the piece and it just sat there and did nothing. No figure on it, no nothing. I understand 12" figures also "sit there", but the Batpod isn't poseable and or a playable toy either. Plus it didn't look that cool just sitting there. It also doesn't carry the 'Character' aspect that 1/6 figures have which make them more important to own. Every time I saw it, I saw it taking up space and basically a pile of wasted money just sitting there. I just needed to get rid of it regardless if I made back what I paid or not.....it wasn't worth it to me.

This is also the reason why I am no longer getting the Batmobile, while it might be one of the best pieces ever made....it's not worth it.

It wasn't damaged, it was missing part of the front right gun piece. ;)

That's the same as being damaged. Incomplete. Not mint.

Either way you did offer the guy a good deal.

Just traded my order for the Tumbler with ABC Express to a T4 John Conner, T-600 & 700 set of figures... Same cost! I hope I don't live to regret this dicision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back