Hot Toys 1/6 Star Wars future releases?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting for a HT Maul also

... with a cloak/cape.:lecture

Krennic. Yep, i still want him. I count him to OT because for me the RO had that feeling of good old SW. Nothing i can say about TFA.

Hope is fading, but Krennic would inspire me to get other RO figs. I like the Darth Troopers but they really need to be flanking Krennic.

It's kind of unfortunate they never got deeper into RO beyond the troopers - like some of the background guys (blue leader, two tubes guys etc.) HT does love its armored army builders.:lol

I'm gonna expand on my Bespin Han hope/prediction:

Standard Bespin outfit with:
- Swappable hands, DL-44 blaster, comlink, goggles, breathing mask, cuffs

Deluxe Bespin outfit with additional:
- Echo Base long coat, welding mask, welding torch

Something like that. I'd like all applicable accessories included in one figure, but I like that they give us the option for a deluxe at a higher cost, or standard at a cheaper cost.

Bespin Han, Luke and Lando are my current Star Wars grails from HT. I preordered Stormie Han because HT are getting better at Harrison's likeness and that one will shoot up in value.

Know what I want, and I hope Hot Toys listens cause I think it'd really sell, an episode 3 2 pack of Anakin and Obi-wan with all the trimmings. We're talking 2 heads for Anakin, maybe even a second for Obi-Wan, all sorts of hands so they can do every force gesture made during the big dual.

Anybody else want that? I would probably want a few prequel figures but if I just got that 2 pack, i'd be okay with it.

And Padme. I want a Padme. I think I'm the only one but I don't care, I want her :)

I absolutely love the idea for the 2 pack. So I second that.

As for Padme, my wife and I were talking about HT making PT figs, and she just says, "I'd want a Queen Amidala if they ever made her." That was the first time I ever heard her express her OWN interest, and I was pretty happy. So you've got two more votes for Padme, because I'd love a fig of her with the jumpsuit from AotC.

I'm gonna expand on my Bespin Han hope/prediction:

Standard Bespin outfit with:
- Swappable hands, DL-44 blaster, comlink, goggles, breathing mask, cuffs

Deluxe Bespin outfit with additional:
- Echo Base long coat, welding mask, welding torch

Something like that. I'd like all applicable accessories included in one figure, but I like that they give us the option for a deluxe at a higher cost, or standard at a cheaper cost.

I'm hoping a deluxe Bespin Han comes with a carbonite Han!

My List
1. Jar Jar
2. JJ Binks
3. Mr B
4. Mesa Jar Jar Binks
5. Boss Nass
6. Jar Jar in Royal gown.
7. Battle scarred Jar Jar
8. Jar Jar DX15

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My List
1. Jar Jar
2. JJ Binks
3. Mr B
4. Mesa Jar Jar Binks
5. Boss Nass
6. Jar Jar in Royal gown.
7. Battle scarred Jar Jar
8. Jar Jar DX15

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well as much as I hate Jar Jar, the Royal Gown figure would outsell any other figure Hot Toys has ever made soo...

I'd be happy to see Luke, Leia or the Emperor quite honestly. I want them all.

I'd like the Emperor to go up just so I know how long I'd be without my SS Emperor. I need to sell that sucker fast.

Know what I want, and I hope Hot Toys listens cause I think it'd really sell, an episode 3 2 pack of Anakin and Obi-wan with all the trimmings. We're talking 2 heads for Anakin, maybe even a second for Obi-Wan, all sorts of hands so they can do every force gesture made during the big dual.

Anybody else want that? I would probably want a few prequel figures but if I just got that 2 pack, i'd be okay with it.

And Padme. I want a Padme. I think I'm the only one but I don't care, I want her :)

It'd be cool if they made a two pack that included everything you said, and also the two platforms they fight on over the lava just before Obi-Wan gets the high ground.

Not if Fett is going to be the SW "Iron Man" for them.
ESB Fett will be a way's off. There's gotta be some sort of non-compete arrangement between sideshow and HT, whereby one doesn't sell a figure that the other has released within x years. This would explain why we're getting Hoth Leia (note that SS made a Hoth Luke and Han, but not Leia); why HT made a ROTJ Fett before ESB (the ESB version was re-released by SS pretty recently); why SS re-released a "ROTJ" (but not ESB labeled) Vader (bc HT is ready to go on its ESB run); why HT Yoda was shown earlier than other ESB figures (bc SS hadn't released an OT version in a while), etc.

My guess is that HT contractually agreed to release their figures OT first (together with figs from NT/spinoffs) in order of release, which left room for SS to release ROTJ Vader, for example, and to focus on PT stuff, like Naboo Maul.

Disclaimer: I have no inside info, but I'm a U.S. transactional lawyer who has drafted and negotiated these types of exclusive distribution agreements before (SS is HT's exclusive distributor in the U.S., I believe), so that's the only reason I suspect this, and I know that the non-compete provisions in these arrangements are always heavily negotiated. Just my $.02.

Do you think HT will do any Rebel Endor figures? I was thinking about picking up some of the SS ones but they are very out dated and I have to put some work into them to make them look good. HT did put out a Battlefront set of Snowtroopers so I'm hoping we see something from them on the Rebel side.

Back