hot toys 1/6 NOSTROMO DOOR #11-FINISHED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Reverend

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey gang new commission for hot toys big chap figure,
made of MDF,foamcore,plastic,and metal fits in the DETOLF case.
all done what a blast i had.
thanks to star puffs for the gig.
DSC_02232_zps3b7cfd6b.jpg
DSC_02242_zps8bdabdb2.jpg
DSC_0221_zps182e0d6c.jpg
DSC_0225_zpsdb755085.jpg
DSC_0222_zpsea1cd7da.jpg
DSC_0133_zps948c866c.jpg
DSC_0134_zps3dda885b.jpg

Last edited:
Re: hot toys 1/6 NOSTROMO DOOR #11-WIP

This is gonna look sweet...cant wait to see more. You're the dio master Rev

Re: hot toys 1/6 NOSTROMO DOOR #11-WIP

im stoked about this build..having fun....thanks guys.

So I received this diorama and unfortunately must report that I am crushingly disappointed. It is so bad I would never display it as is.

It arrived damaged because the lights broke off and scratched up the back wall. I got that sick feeling in my stomach as soon as I picked up the box and heard something slide.

But that was only the tip of the iceberg.

Among the things I dislike:
  • The floor "grating" is a horrible grainy photograph in person, an absolute joke.
  • The door is just painted on, no depth as in earlier dios.
  • Sloppy, jagged cuts on the PVC piping.
  • The pink real-life lettering on the PVC piping was not painted over.
  • Missing plastic edging that leaves foam core exposed.
  • Lots of airbrush splatter that ruins the weathering effects.

In a small 72 dpi photograph it looks OK. In person it looks like the sloppy, half-assed work it is.

The Reverened has some personal issues that have my full sympathy, but that does not excuse him from cheating me out of $400. He chased ME down to ask for this commission and then failed to deliver his usual standard of work.

He ultimately refused to accept a return, citing a never agreed upon "all sales final" policy. The inital payment was too old to challenge with PayPal and I was foolish enough to pay him as a "gift", something he specifically requested.

Here are some choice quotes that sum up his attitude:

“i no longer work on dios or with SSF so im not concerned with any feedback or that site”

“this dio was a awesome piece,,,i NEVER made shoddy work...i have more problems to worry about”

“it is a awesome dio and well i could have charged 900.00 for a far more detailed dio this is a$ 400.00 do...and yes it is just as good as the other 10”

“i never cut corners on any dio i build they all have the love and attention and i enjoy every build...i just dont have the time or energy to take it back and resell it...again its a masterpiece and if you dont like it sell it off.”

He was willing to repair the damage. I give him that much credit, but that would have hardly address my concerns.

People are free to go see the dio he made for Sabres21768 and see if they honestly see a comparable level of care and detail.

I am just disgusted by his work and his attitude. I try to do my best everytime I make something and would gladly accept a return if a customer of mine were as unhappy as I was upon receipt of this dio.

I may try and salvage it some day, but I will sell it for $200 plus shipping if someone else wants to take on that challenge.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Really photos? I under stand photos for 3 3/4" figures dios, but for 12"....really?

Yep, and not even a quality, uniform print. It looks like a web image (72 dpi) he tried to print that got badly distorted as it got blown up to a print resolution. I mean if he had at least used a properly scaled image, it would show he was sincerely trying to make it work. What he did is just slap-dash bare-minimum. Previous dios he made had physical flooring anyway.

i'm so sorry - i never meant to stir the pot. there was a decent looking photo of the alien in the diorama that was making me feel nostalgic. i really should have noted the context of the post before i commented. it always sucks when things don't live up to expectations - i would never make light of that. take care. again, sincere apologies :)

i'm so sorry - i never meant to stir the pot. there was a decent looking photo of the alien in the diorama that was making me feel nostalgic. i really should have noted the context of the post before i commented. it always sucks when things don't live up to expectations - i would never make light of that. take care. again, sincere apologies :)

No worries brother, simple misunderstanding. :)

Outstanding stuff. What did you use for the floor grates?

Um...that is the thing that makes me most upset. The "floor grates" are a low quality paper printout.

They look like they might me real in the low res photos he posted on page one, he fooled me, but in person they are featureless rubbish.

what you forgot to mention is the huge family issues i have with a sick wife and Autistic twin boys- as well as your ****** attitude about the whole thing..i tried to make it right but now you blew it completely ..i am no longer taking commissions and i have had a great time building dios for just about 20 yrs..my work speaks for itself.
goodby to all of the customers who have my work and enjoy it.
Rob

Back