Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm seeing all these pics and reading all the messages but I'm no less excited to get her, still waiting on BBTS. I don't think you'll find this for cheap afterwards. Now that she's gone I think everything (OT at least) Fisher will sell out.

Same here. This figure is something I'm far more excited about receiving than so many others that are out there. This figure makes me glad I never picked up ANH Leia. I don't think I'll be swayed by any comment on here about this figure.

I didn't get into 12" figures to collect en masse so I've got my list of around 20 or so figures that I want from SW and this is one of them. No other Leia really makes it onto the list except for maybe a Boushh figure.

I think she’s excellent! Sorry to hear the lack luster joy for her maybe I’m crazy but she’s my favorite piece right now- tarkin slightly underwhelmed me but to each their own I guess. Although the dot issue had me the most nervous i think i have ever been <— over dramatic me :p

I agree! I was very impressed by the overall figure. The details are amazing! Really well done. I think perhaps people might have been more excited about the figure if there were Hot Toys Hoth Luke and Han on the horizon, or at least Bespin Han to pose her with.

How old are you if you don't mind my asking?

If you're implying that the older generation who watched SW when it first came out might be more excited about Tarkin than the younger crowd, I'll say that I'm an old timer and I'm meh about Tarkin. I skipped him. :dunno

She was an essential purchase for me, but she lacks the feel good factor (and even Sideshow's Snowtrooper Commander had that).

At the back she holds her ground better. I pulled her head up from the peg to give her a longer neck and I think that goes part way to improving her overall appearance.

39762143595_d9cc4db9e6_o.jpg

I have this framed promo photo in the collection room, and while comparing it to the figure it was apparent that the HT lacks fullness/roundness in the face, which the ANH version captured well.

c716af56dda263a73ec4b09f55e32d44.jpg

Well, CF's face was thinner and less round in ESB vs ANH, but this figure takes it too far.

I still don't get why Tarkin is so popular.

I wasn't a huge Tarkin fan, but Rogue One made me more interested in getting him, and the fact they 110% nailed the likeness, which is very rare for HT, made the figure a must-buy.

Between the sculpt and a really perfectly done uniform and boots, it's probably one of the best, if not the best SW figure HT has ever done.... as sad as that is to say, because I would have MUCH rather they done a perfect Leia Hoth (or any other hero, or even Vader, which HT still hasn't quite nailed) than Tarkin.

I have both Tarkin and Leia, and while Tarkin is a great figure, Leia is easily my favorite Hot Toys figure in a while.

It's really interesting that Tarkin seems to be getting so much more love than Leia.

I have both Tarkin and Leia, and while Tarkin is a great figure, Leia is easily my favorite Hot Toys figure in a while.

It's really interesting that Tarkin seems to be getting so much more love than Leia.

To me Tarkin looks like a shrunken down living human - it's eerie. That to me is the difference.

I still don't get why Tarkin is so popular.

If you were there from the very beginning -- and I mean in 1977 -- then Tarkin is crucial

He's a major character that for many, many years didn't get a lot of appreciation in toys. In fact, he got nothing until 1997 when Hasbro finally made that little 3" figure and followed it up with the bobbleheaded 12". And that was it.

Finally, he's got a fantastic representation in 1/6th. And as Talibane says, it is quite likely the best SW figure that HT has done (you have to put your favorites aside to see it that way).

I have every intention of getting this Leia. I had always had a hard time with the $220 price tag. So the cancelling has more to do with my perceived value than the fact I don't want her. I do -- just for $20-$30+ less.

I do fear that 'spotgate' has thinned the herd a bit and there are far fewer Hoth Leias in the market right now. But that also means a 2nd shipment and an improved v2 possibly.

Well, CF's face was thinner and less round in ESB vs ANH, but this figure takes it too far.

I could be wrong, but I think Carrie's hairstyle with the buns on each side of her head in ANH could potentially give the illusion that her face is wider and more round in ANH.

For the record, I was born in 1977 and saw ESB in the theater. I'm not young, but I'm not old either. The ageism accusations are ridiculous. I have figures of Obi Wan from ANH and Han and Luke from TFA. And I can't wait to get TLJ Leia and Luke.

I just don't get why Tarkin is such a beloved character. He's fine in ANH. He was a serviceable villain. I just don't need to own a figure of him. I feel the same way about Krennic from RO. In my opinion, the more interesting villains are Darth Vader, The Emperor, and Kylo Ren.

For the record, I was born in 1977 and saw ESB in the theater. I'm not young, but I'm not old either. The ageism accusations are ridiculous. I have figures of Obi Wan from ANH and Han and Luke from TFA. And I can't wait to get TLJ Leia and Luke.

I just don't get why Tarkin is such a beloved character. He's fine in ANH. He was a serviceable villain. I just don't need to own a figure of him. I feel the same way about Krennic from RO. In my opinion, the more interesting villains are Darth Vader, The Emperor, and Kylo Ren.

There is something to actually remembering seeing SW, ESB and ROTJ in theaters - which I do.

But yeah, Tarkin left no real impression on me back then. People say he gave Vader orders, but he seemed like every other officer to me as a kid, just the most in charge. Every kid feared Vader and thought he was cool so wanted Vader toys - it's significant that Kenner did a power droid instead of Tarkin (hey robots were cool back then!):lol

It was probably Rogue One that got me interested in Tarkin, and in getting the figure.

I ordered this figure not because it is Tarkin, but it is a fine tribute to an actor whose work I watched and loved before he ever played this role. It is Peter Cushing. A man whose career spanned many decades before Star Wars. And this is the best representation (likeness wise) of him to date. Being a Star Wars character is just a bonus.

There is something to actually remembering seeing SW, ESB and ROTJ in theaters - which I do.

But yeah, Tarkin left no real impression on me back then. People say he gave Vader orders, but he seemed like every other officer to me as a kid, just the most in charge. Every kid feared Vader and thought he was cool so wanted Vader toys - it's significant that Kenner did a power droid instead of Tarkin (hey robots were cool back then!):lol

It was probably Rogue One that got me interested in Tarkin, and in getting the figure.

For me i want tarkin after seeing his clone wars episodes and then connecting that to the movies made him a pretty cool character to me

Some of the collections on here that people list as far as what they have are huge.

Tarkin. He's fine in ANH. He was a serviceable villain. I just don't need to own a figure of him. I feel the same way about Krennic from RO. In my opinion, the more interesting villains are Darth Vader, The Emperor, and Kylo Ren.

I could kind of concur with this. In a mimalist overall general SW collection, I can see how one may opt to leave him out. He's essential though in an ANH collection I think being that I consider him the main antagonist of the film, more than Vader. My overall SW collection though centers mostly on ANH for the OT, so I have him.

I was born in '74 but sadly all I can ever remember is standing in line outside the theater for ESB and ROTJ, and not actually seeing the movies themselves. :D

I have in-theater memories of my mother putting her fingers in her ears as the Falcon roared overhead in ESB.:lol

The tickets were really hard to get, but saw ESB opening day on a massive screen with incredible sound.:yess:

Back