1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I haven't quite connected with her yet either. This is one figure I'm getting more just for the great looking costume. And for the potential that I think she might have in the future.

Yes am totally the same. However it feels like I am just getting her to get her. Hmm new costume vs old (assuming the do an Endgame version. I guess if they do she'll be last one out the gate to maximise the gap between both figures).

Is this going to be their next Iron Man ? Pick the suit which colour design you like best.

Screenshot 2019-05-10 at 13.04.08.jpg

Yes am totally the same. However it feels like I am just getting her to get her. Hmm new costume vs old (assuming the do an Endgame version. I guess if they do she'll be last one out the gate to maximise the gap between both figures).

Is this going to be their next Iron Man ? Pick the suit which colour design you like best.

View attachment 453285

I honestly think both suits are awesome enough to own.

You have the CM suit for the origin & then the EG suit to cover her development as a character

I personally think I'm extra invested in this because I absolutely adore all things cosmic marvel so I'll buy all the figures from this & although I have held off on GotG figures thus far I feel that whatever way they go for GotG 3 I'll consider them too this time round

Neil

Thanks for providing this great picture Medieval, and thanks Hoody for posting a side-by-side of the CM and EG outfits!

When looking at both next to one another I have to say that I prefer the Endgame version also. It could be because the red torso/blue shoulder look reminds me more of Mar-Vell from the comics. However I like the CM version a lot and have pre-ordered already and I do not want to eat the NRD so I will stick with that one.

I also like that her boots go all the way like her old thigh high boots on her Ms Marvel costume. Just a lot of great call backs in her costume.
67986a64278f1c024d2849267dabb138.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I also like that her boots go all the way like her old thigh high boots on her Ms Marvel costume. Just a lot of great call backs in her costume.
67986a64278f1c024d2849267dabb138.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Actually no, the Endgame boots aren't that long - they just happen to be the same color as the lower area of the legs of the suit. But I guess the illusion is there, so it can be viewed as a callback.

This is getting really hard to know which one looks better. On closer inspection it's almost like an inversion of the red & blue colours.

The sash is growing on me though.

edit : if they do go for an EG version, I wonder if they really would go for another new head sculpt with short hair look ? I have a feeling they will wait considering screen time and proximity of the original version.

Screenshot 2019-05-10 at 19.31.48.jpg

The Endgame costume looks good! I like the idea of including a sash but I wish it was longer. Based on the pictures the materials for the original and Endgame costumes may also be different.

I can't get over how ridiculous the masked character looks. Like a freaking rooster or a strangely masked person with corn growing on her head.

This is getting really hard to know which one looks better. On closer inspection it's almost like an inversion of the red & blue colours.

The sash is growing on me though.

edit : if they do go for an EG version, I wonder if they really would go for another new head sculpt with short hair look ? I have a feeling they will wait considering screen time and proximity of the original version.

View attachment 453337

Welp, it's not like my money is going on anything Star Wars, might as well double dip on these two designs. Three, if they do the Kree outfit:lol

I can't get over how ridiculous the masked character looks. Like a freaking rooster or a strangely masked person with corn growing on her head.

Well you're certainly entitled to that opinion, but the mask sweeping her hair up into a mohawk was probably the most popular and defining characteristic of her new suit design when Kelly Sue DeConnick relaunched her character as Captain Marvel. So I'm thinking you may be in the minority with that view (in this thread, anyway).

Interesting that this statue has a red helmet while the screen cap from the scene that originally had her helmeted but was changed to unhelmeted, gave her a blue helmet. I don't recall if we see the helmet elsewhere, but it makes you wonder what is the final / actual color.

I'm guessing they just threw on the helmet for the trailer so as to hide her new hairstyle, since it was already established that she doesn't need one anymore.

Back