1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or like Iron Man's. In addition to the regular and gesture hands, we'll get a pair of translucent blue fists to let the light in the forearm through for the effect.

Or like the end forearm fitting they used with IW Thanos for his Gauntlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another close look (credit to Nortdort for the photo)

Aby6jAC.jpg

I absolutely love this figure.
Think it looks amazing

My first HT figure since BttF 2 Marty & I don't think I could have jumped back in with a better one (well maybe IW Thor but I only got in on him on the re-issue so he doesn't really count :wink1: :lol )

Cannot wait for her to arrive...now all I need to do is actually watch the movie before she releases :slap :lol

Neil

Think it looks amazing

My first HT figure since BttF 2 Marty & I don't think I could have jumped back in with a better one (well maybe IW Thor but I only got in on him on the re-issue so he doesn't really count :wink1: :lol )

Cannot wait for her to arrive...now all I need to do is actually watch the movie before she releases :slap :lol

Neil

You haven't seen the movie yet? Considering the divisiveness of the flick and it's leading lady, you might want to take a peek before dropping £250+ on the 1/6...unless you just really dig the look of the figure and aren't swayed by such things, of course. :)

View attachment 463158 Sorry if this is old news, but I was re-reading the product description and, do her hands light up? It mentions the light in her helmet, and “LED Light-Up function on both of the forearms. I wonder if this would limit articulation, and how it would all work. I guess they could use the same method they use with the lightsabers.

Two irrelevant things to me. I won't even bother putting batteries in. Do people actually open their display cabinets and take figures out to turn on the lights put it back in the cabinet for a few minutes then take it back out and turn the lights off then return it back to the cabinet? I always wonder about the the people who get excited for lights.

As for articulation I just need her to stand without falling over. No interest in putting this figure in unflattering poses others will most likely do.

You haven't seen the movie yet? Considering the divisiveness of the flick and it's leading lady, you might want to take a peak before dropping £250+ on the 1/6...unless you just really dig the look of the figure and aren't swayed by such things, of course. :)

Yeah still haven't seen it yet.

I'm in for this figure though as I love Captain Marvel as a character in the comics so to have her on the shelf is enough without the backing of the movie

I love Cosmic Marvel, always have & apart from Beta Ray Bill Captain Marvel (in all guises) has always been my favourite Cosmic Character

How she appears in the movie or who plays her isn't a worry as my purchase isn't really being made on the basis of her movie portrayal

Hopefully that makes sense :wink1:
I do appreciate though that it does seem odd to want to drop £265 on a character I've not seen on the screen yet :lol

Neil

Two irrelevant things to me. I won't even bother putting batteries in. Do people actually open their display cabinets and take figures out to turn on the lights put it back in the cabinet for a few minutes then take it back out and turn the lights off then return it back to the cabinet? I always wonder about the the people who get excited for lights.

As for articulation I just need her to stand without falling over. No interest in putting this figure in unflattering poses others will most likely do.

I was always curious about this. I don't ever use the light up features. Even the Iron Studios 1/4 scale Thanos' gauntlet, which is beautiful lit up is a pain to turn on/off. you have to remove the gauntlet every time, which is basically the most valuable piece of the statue, IMO. Companies don't design convenience into their light up features, which has always made it impractical to me and ultimately de-values statues when the lighting feature fails...

Yeah I guess I am one of those weird people who liked to turn on the lights now and then to admire them, and think they make the figures look a lot cooler that way. :D (Although now that mine are wired up the process is a lot simpler.)

I'm sure this figure will look amazing all lit up as well, especially with those eyes and mohawk.

I'm in for this figure though as I love Captain Marvel as a character in the comics so to have her on the shelf is enough without the backing of the movie

I love Cosmic Marvel, always have & apart from Beta Ray Bill Captain Marvel (in all guises) has always been my favourite Cosmic Character

How she appears in the movie or who plays her isn't a worry as my purchase isn't really being made on the basis of her movie portrayal

I do appreciate though that it does seem odd to want to drop £265 on a character I've not seen on the screen yet :lol

Neil

Well I dislike most MCU movies but I have no problem collecting figures from those movies.

I don't understand people who collect high end 1/6 figures and then just stuff them in a detolf in a museum pose. I have my Anakin. I light up that saber some days. Makes me happy. Maybe it makes you happy not to touch your figures. Different things makes us happy. And that is fine :)

can also turn the light up features for photo sessions and then turn off and back into the shelves. have SOAP reactor for my iron man figs tho and they all turn on when the display lights turn on. once i organize the 2 reactors i have, all light ups will be included like Iron Spider's head for when i use it and upcoming POs (CM, Thor, and Mk85)

I don't understand people who collect high end 1/6 figures and then just stuff them in a detolf in a museum pose. I have my Anakin. I light up that saber some days. Makes me happy. Maybe it makes you happy not to touch your figures. Different things makes us happy. And that is fine :)

Because you want a good representation of the movie character but you don't want to pay statue prices. Or, there isn't a statue available of that character. That's why.

I don't ever use the lights (1) because i have so many IM figures, each one has 4 switches and it is pain in the butt to turn them all on. (2) To turn them on i have to ruin the pose i had it in and (3) the main reason is i don't use the lights is because i do not trust leaving the batteries in

Because you want a good representation of the movie character but you don't want to pay statue prices. Or, there isn't a statue available of that character. That's why.

All those things and you don't have a football field for displaying your quarter scale statues..

View attachment 463158 Sorry if this is old news, but I was re-reading the product description and, do her hands light up? It mentions the light in her helmet, and “LED Light-Up function on both of the forearms. I wonder if this would limit articulation, and how it would all work. I guess they could use the same method they use with the lightsabers.

Yeah I'm wondering how they'll incorporate the light up features on the forearms, given the suit would be presumably covering it.

Think it looks amazing

Neil

Neil

I quite liked the film and am enthralled with it, though for me it was for some personal reasons, as it is it seems like a nice action/adventure film. I'm with you, I have figures from properties/films I have not watched at all, nor have the desire to, and I got them because they're representative of something else to me, or because they're darn good figures in of themselves. I agree, I CANNOT wait for this figure to arrive!

I was always curious about this. I don't ever use the light up features. Even the Iron Studios 1/4 scale Thanos' gauntlet, which is beautiful lit up is a pain to turn on/off. you have to remove the gauntlet every time, which is basically the most valuable piece of the statue, IMO. Companies don't design convenience into their light up features, which has always made it impractical to me and ultimately de-values statues when the lighting feature fails...

I'm the same, I don't the use light up features in my figures. I don't mind it, as long as it doesn't hinder aesthetics, articulation, etc.

I really like this figure

I'm AMPED for it!!!

Not all museum poses are the same.

+1 True

I’m not one to use light up features either. Putting the batteries in can sometimes be exasperating as you have to do it meticulously, and then I don’t like the idea of leaving them in, lest potential leakage. All just so I can turn the lights on to take a cool picture now and then, or demonstrate to company how it can light up. Plus, the on-off switches tend to be in impractical locations.

The only time I've ever dabbled with batteries was the Police Shootout T1 Terminator, my very first Hot Toy..

Back