1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really liked it a lot, more than I thought. It kept my attention the whole time and didn't feel like a drag ever

Spoiler Spoiler:

I really liked it a lot, more than I thought. It kept my attention the whole time and didn't feel like a drag ever

Spoiler Spoiler:

I have not ordered this yet but
Spoiler Spoiler:

With Hot Toys having done several alt-paint job figures recently, hopefully a green Starforce suit is on the cards...maybe a toy fair / con exclusive?

That’s what I’m thinking.

As for once it’ll be something collectors actually want, rather than most of their usual repaints.

Could definitely see this as a con exclusive, but it would be after EG. Wonder if anyone will even be thinking about it. I'd buy it for sure.

That’s what I’m thinking.

As for once it’ll be something collectors actually want, rather than most of their usual repaints.

Too true! I’m hoping for this to include the helmet but with the “breather” taking advantage of the LED inside the head.

Could definitely see this as a con exclusive, but it would be after EG. Wonder if anyone will even be thinking about it. I'd buy it for sure.

I bet that’s in the cards, I’d definitely still be thinking of it and it would be an insta-buy for me as well!

Am I the only one who doesn't rate WS? I still haven't been able to sit through it all, but I don't really like Capt to be honest. This I enjoyed a lot more than most Marvel films, GOTG2, BP, turned those off after a half hour.

Am I the only one who doesn't rate WS? I still haven't been able to sit through it all, but I don't really like Capt to be honest. This I enjoyed a lot more than most Marvel films, GOTG2, BP, turned those off after a half hour.

Do you like modern spy films like Bourne, Mission Impossible, Kingsmen, Bridge of Spies, or even Spy Games, Ronin or Patriot Games?

With Hot Toys having done several alt-paint job figures recently, hopefully a green Starforce suit is on the cards...maybe a toy fair / con exclusive?

If this figure sells well I don't see why they wouldn't do a green suit. Would just be a matter of scheduling since there will also be a endgame figure .

Civil war is definitely my fave cap film, but then it's about the other characters as much as him

Do you like modern spy films like Bourne, Mission Impossible, Kingsmen, Bridge of Spies, or even Spy Games, Ronin or Patriot Games?

Never saw any of them. I also liked CW but that had Iron Man and Spidey, I thought Cap was a complete tool in the film and still do, WS killed Tony's parents like.

Never saw any of them. I also liked CW but that had Iron Man and Spidey, I thought Cap was a complete tool in the film and still do, WS killed Tony's parents like.

But that's exactly the point. Was it Bucky who killed Tony's parents ? Not according to Cap.

When WS gets the code words he's a mindless machine.

Curious to hear everyone's opinion on this - I have NOT seen the movie yet - the general concensus amongst friends who have seen it is that it was a solid MCU entry but regarding Carol Danvers - "I wouldn't want to be her friend."
Do you feel that it was the way the character was written or how Brie Larson played it? Do you think it was to characterize her as an aloof Kree warrior/weapon or a story telling foil for Fury?
Finally, if you do feel like she's pretty much a jerk, does it influence your decision to buy this figure?

Curious to hear everyone's opinion on this - I have NOT seen the movie yet - the general concensus amongst friends who have seen it is that it was a solid MCU entry but regarding Carol Danvers - "I wouldn't want to be her friend."
Do you feel that it was the way the character was written or how Brie Larson played it? Do you think it was to characterize her as an aloof Kree warrior/weapon or a story telling foil for Fury?
Finally, if you do feel like she's pretty much a jerk, does it influence your decision to buy this figure?

I thought she was badass...I'd definitely want to be her friend..with benefits even

She's awesome in the movie and I'd love to be her friend. Very likeable.

And Larson's performance is great. Very nuanced. Perfect balance between cockiness, sarcasm, doubtfulness and empathetic heroism. It really paid off casting an academy award winning actress as Captain Marvel.

She was never a jerk in the film although at the start she was trained to control her emotions so that can have an effect on how she is perceived. Without sharing spoilers, I noticed a slight evolution in her character as the film went along.

Re: the figure, I preordered the deluxe and have no regrets.

This whole thing is weird to me. So much negativity around the film from certain audiences, but for me it was a really fun two hours. Lawson was fine, and even rather cool as CM.

I don't know what your friends are talking about. I didn't see her as a jerk at all.

Still thinking about my ranking tiers. Some movies seem to age well, while others don't. People complain about Brie's performance, but the plot of the movie is doesn't really help to show a lot of range. At least it was better than Scarlett's acting in Iron Man 2 (now that was wooden.)

Meh:
Hulk
Thor the Dark World
Thor
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Avengers Age of Ultron
Ant Man

Good:
Ant Man2
Captain America
GOTG 2