1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, from all the interviews I've read, she seemed pretty darn excited about being the character. And yes what the character also represents, much like Gadot did with WW. So not sure why that's an issue.

I do agree the character has come across pretty stiff in the trailers so far, but the writers have said she's actually a lot more snarky and fun in the movie, so I'm willing to wait and see if that's the case. Especially considering we've barely even heard her say anything yet.
After two or three (?) trailers and a few TV spots, if the movie turns out good, then they should fire the marketing people as they have done great disservice to it.

The amount of times this has happened (bad trailers -> good movie) is so minuscule that, at this point, I am not really giving it the benefit of the doubt. I fell once before for Black Panther, where trailers were terrible but people pumped it up for the wrong reasons ("black empowerment" as opposed to e.g. "good movie with good plot" :rolleyes2 ) and I ended up hating it. This time will wait for people I trust to review it first.

BTW, call "bad comedian" or whatever, but if you choose to "feminist activism" and "character represents" in a movie franchise where they feel they need to bring butt doubles for women, you must be pretty tick-headed not to see the irony. (You must also be pretty stupid not to find male or female butt doubles offensive).

I don't know, from all the interviews I've read, she seemed pretty darn excited about being the character. And yes what the character also represents, much like Gadot did with WW. So not sure why that's an issue.

I do agree the character has come across pretty stiff in the trailers so far, but the writers have said she's actually a lot more snarky and fun in the movie, so I'm willing to wait and see if that's the case. Especially considering we've barely even heard her say anything yet.

Believe that. Also believe she is capable actress and there's footage around showing her workouts etc.

But also believe no matter how good the skill set is, actors/actresses run into unavoidable limits - some physical; sometimes age, etc. That can work and be hilarious, watching Drax fanboy Thor for example.

E.g. just because Larsen is ACTING in a certain way doesn't mean I'm buyin' it. Contrast with Danai Gurira who seems born to play Okoye IMO. For me there's no question of her credibility as Okoye.

To me Larsen doesn't have the screen presence for CM. When she sez she's gonna end the war I wanted to smile, and not in a good way. IMO Marvel should have dumped the award resume thing when casting. Right person for the right part. Yeah, I know a lot of folks have screamed MISCAST about a lot of roles that have become iconic now (re-cast IM and I'll fight u etc.) but trailers are supposed to be better clips or footage from film. Jude Law, yeah, I completely believe already he's who he's supposed to be. IMO too bad HE (probably) doesn't show up in EG.

Hmmmm. A great actor in a movie that fans think they will suck at but turns out to be a defining role. Where have I seen that before? :dunno

Hmmmm. A great actor in a movie that fans think they will suck at but turns out to be a defining role. Where have I seen that before? :dunno
Before or after the initial trailer?
Before—sure, plenty.
After? Not so many. Joker (Ledger), WW (Gadot), Fury (Jackson) were all "suspected" by fanboys that they may not fit the role, but once the trailers hit, there was only silence.

We've seen it before...but unless Larsen't having surgery or they are gonna CGI her face, for one thing, there's the physical part - to me she looks cute, not commanding. Voice either and there are good female voices like Scar Jo's - or at least to me don't sound like a little girl.

Feige's as much said - more or less - the reasons she was cast. Or what Marvel thinks, anyway. Acting chops combined w. the ability to be "flawed" and "vulnerable".

IMO tho it made me cringe reading CM director went to Ryan Coogler for advice. Because IMO Ryan Coogler should'a gone to the folks who made Antman for some CGI advice:monkey3. E.g. u go to the most experienced folks for advice, not someone new-ish at making comic book movies. Unless I guess u wanna make a statement, then u don't have to worry about baffling narrative or obvious green screen.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/captain-marvel-s-directors-got-advice-ryan-coogler-and-they-simply-loved-it-440014

Admit tho bein' the Marvel train, re CM ticket sales aren't suffering, at least for opening weekend.

They went to Coogler to get advice on how to play the identity politics. :lol

Most of the time I ignore actors/actresses sounding off. Tired of Coogler slipping in "white people" slaps too. By the time IW rolled around, Shuri dissing Banner IMO undermined her character - e.g. anyone that "genius" would be reading articles/papers and would've known how brilliant Banner is. Tony Stark and Selvig certainly knew, as well as Colson.

Maybe that's supposed to be where Hulk saves Shuri or something, but to me it was a *^% scene.

Anyway if CM makes an issue of a "man thing" that'll get tiring real quick too. Like the completely boring tagline.:monkey3

We've seen it before...but unless Larsen't having surgery or they are gonna CGI her face, for one thing, there's the physical part - to me she looks cute, not commanding. Voice either and there are good female voices like Scar Jo's - or at least to me don't sound like a little girl.

Feige's as much said - more or less - the reasons she was cast. Or what Marvel thinks, anyway. Acting chops combined w. the ability to be "flawed" and "vulnerable".

IMO tho it made me cringe reading CM director went to Ryan Coogler for advice. Because IMO Ryan Coogler should'a gone to the folks who made Antman for some CGI advice:monkey3. E.g. u go to the most experienced folks for advice, not someone new-ish at making comic book movies. Unless I guess u wanna make a statement, then u don't have to worry about baffling narrative or obvious green screen.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/captain-marvel-s-directors-got-advice-ryan-coogler-and-they-simply-loved-it-440014

Admit tho bein' the Marvel train, re CM ticket sales aren't suffering, at least for opening weekend.

To be fair, the space CGI in the captain Marvel trailer looks way worse than anything I saw in Black Panther. Straight up video game status. Not believable at all.

Sigh yeah, it's starting to get a little too Fox News in here.

Wait, are people surprised this site is full of sexist middle aged men claiming everything is a political agenda? I thought we knew this already. Take a look at any thread about a female action figure. lol

Well this thread has become deeply embarrassing.

Don't go in the movie section of these forums. It's pretty much dozens of pages about Bree's lack of butt and acting range. Seeing as I have no idea who she even is, I'll just wait for the movie and expect nothing more or less than a formula MCU "origin" movie. (and probably won't be disappointed)

Wait, are people surprised this site is full of sexist middle aged men claiming everything is a political agenda? I thought we knew this already. Take a look at any thread about a female action figure. lol

Oh I know, it’s just always a sad reminder when it pops up. I would have thought the “adult men who collect dolls” demographic would be a little more open to nuance and not as toxic.

Don't go in the movie section of these forums. It's pretty much dozens of pages about Bree's lack of butt and acting range. Seeing as I have no idea who she even is, I'll just wait for the movie and expect nothing more or less than a formula MCU "origin" movie. (and probably won't be disappointed)

The movie section and the star wars section are easily the worst lol.

Don't forget racist; some of us hated that **** and find it ridiculous it was nominated for an Oscar. :slap

It used to be much worse....but there was a purge. Thread highjacking for the poor abused white man was a daily thing.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I agree we haven't seen much of an emotional range yet, probably because the trailers have been trying hard to present her as some enigmatic badass. But the idea that it somehow means Brie Larson has no acting ability just annoys the hell out of me. And tells me most of these fanboys haven't bothered to watch her in anything else before.

Some idiot started the nonsense months ago and brainless sheep seem determined to continue the nonsense.

Dayum, I'm going back to the SW thread :monkey3

I did order the deluxe last night.

I don't think the trailers have been cut in a real exciting manner, but to be fair, they are deliberately holding a lot back. Lots of pre and post MCU stuff potentially to be revealed in this movie. Considering this is the first female lead Marvel movie, I don't think Feige has any intentions on mucking it up. I expect they will take the same or similar care with this as they did with BP and give us something completely unexpected.

So far, to me, she reads on screen much like she does in the comics, though I'm not super familiar with her.

Back