1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol no worries. Wasn’t calling you out or anything. I love it when fans that really know their stuff pop up in Boba threads.

There’s so much right with this figure, but quite a few glaring errors, as well.

I’ll do a proper write up tonight.

Truly a great figure, though. Anyone on the fence shouldn’t be!

You know what sucks? I just googled sleep texting, and it's a thing, and now I'm really concerned.

You know what sucks? I just googled sleep texting, and it's a thing, and now I'm really concerned.

Meh. Even if it was, it’s not like you were saying that the real helmet was made out of paper mache or that the actual color of the suit was Day-Glo pink or something. Could’ve been much worse lol

Vader + Fett 7.jpg

Very nice! Empire Vader is looking better and better with each member who has magical futzing powers.
Here is my current Boba, I do want to cut squares to place in his pockets, just haven't had a lot of extra time lately. Also would love to have a solution to the horrible gap between his gauntlets and his wrists. Every time I repose him and think it looks great, the dang gap has to be hidden.
40d60d68c112386cbcb25210636d09e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol no worries. Wasn’t calling you out or anything. I love it when fans that really know their stuff pop up in Boba threads.

There’s so much right with this figure, but quite a few glaring errors, as well.

I’m on the fence because I already own the Deluxe RotJ Fett. I bought him because I prefer the red gauntlet / crayola jet pack look over the ESB color scheme.

The thing that has me considering is that the the ESB deluxe has gauntlets I love, a colorful jet pack a better looking cape and the ESB helmet has the splash of orange on the side.

If I didn’t already have the RotJ I would quickly buy the ESB deluxe. I’m just lazy and don’t want the hassle of selling what I have to buy the this version.

I was hoping I could do some upgrades to the RotJ so I bought the orange gauntlet and gloves from TA but I still want that ESB helmet. But the ESB helmet doesn’t match the color on the ROTJ armor.

Sorry. Drunk rambling.

I know. I should just buy the ESB deluxe. I know making the RotJ work with the parts won’t look right. I know I need another rum punch.

I know you often get into mod mode pretty quickly to improve the body proportions, but curious about your thoughts between the 3 movie figures from Hot Toys in stock form (1/4 included). A lot of ways that can be tackled but curious about the color (paint) accuracy and then maybe the scaling of the parts and overall man-in-suit vibe. Pretty happy with the ESB figure after being not 100% on board with the ROTJ (sold it in anticipation of this one and thankfully they delivered).

Yeah, I just folded some paper towel and cut to size for the pouches, nothing fancy. I don't want it to look like he's carry his books in there. :lol

I'd also like to find a way to hide that gap in the gauntlet. Very unsightly. I tried to pull the sleeve thru but as soon as you bend his arm you lose the extra material. I worry about painting it gray as it might bring even more attention to it.

The figure was really easy and fun to futz but, man, getting that little holster strap over the pistol and its peg back into the hole took me forever.

earthdog, you gotta bite the bullet. I’m a bit like you and actually threw some of the ROTJ parts on my ESB figure. Not accurate to anything but looks great and much better than the ROTJ did to me.

I’m on the fence because I already own the Deluxe RotJ Fett. I bought him because I prefer the red gauntlet / crayola jet pack look over the ESB color scheme.

The thing that has me considering is that the the ESB deluxe has gauntlets I love, a colorful jet pack a better looking cape and the ESB helmet has the splash of orange on the side.

If I didn’t already have the RotJ I would quickly buy the ESB deluxe. I’m just lazy and don’t want the hassle of selling what I have to buy the this version.

I was hoping I could do some upgrades to the RotJ so I bought the orange gauntlet and gloves from TA but I still want that ESB helmet. But the ESB helmet doesn’t match the color on the ROTJ armor.

Sorry. Drunk rambling.

I know. I should just buy the ESB deluxe. I know making the RotJ work with the parts won’t look right. I know I need another rum punch.

No sweat. I drunk ramble all the time. You have a rum punch for me, I’ll have a Blue Moon for you lol.

The thing that can’t be denied is that the ESB helmet is just so VASTLY superior to the RotJ that it can’t be denied. Therefore, finding one loose is going to be difficult. That’s a big reason why I would recommend you buying the whole figure.

As far as swapping in ESB/Deluxe parts onto your RotJ, go for it. If you’re not looking for accuracy, then just do whatever you like. I can’t knock that.

I know you often get into mod mode pretty quickly to improve the body proportions, but curious about your thoughts between the 3 movie figures from Hot Toys in stock form (1/4 included). A lot of ways that can be tackled but curious about the color (paint) accuracy and then maybe the scaling of the parts and overall man-in-suit vibe. Pretty happy with the ESB figure after being not 100% on board with the ROTJ (sold it in anticipation of this one and thankfully they delivered).

I’ve already modded mine very much. I’ll post pics tonight, hopefully.

As far as stock form, they’re all fine, for the casual observer.

But if I were to make one STRONG recommendation to everyone, for that ‘man in a suit’ vibe, I’d say remove the fat suit. That mod alone cures most of the problems I have with the Hot Toys Boba Fett figures. Yes, the codpiece and belts will be more loose, but that’s kinda what you want.

Beyond that, just futzing the belts around, tucking one a bit, pulling the other one down a bit...these are simple adjustments that really make the figure soar. Without having to do extensive alterations.

No sweat. I drunk ramble all the time. You have a rum punch for me, I’ll have a Blue Moon for you lol.

The thing that can’t be denied is that the ESB helmet is just so VASTLY superior to the RotJ that it can’t be denied. Therefore, finding one loose is going to be difficult. That’s a big reason why I would recommend you buying the whole figure.

As far as swapping in ESB/Deluxe parts onto your RotJ, go for it. If you’re not looking for accuracy, then just do whatever you like. I can’t knock that.

Thanks. Accuracy isn’t a huge deal to me I just want it look like a complete design, not a mix match of figures. That’s the reason I don’t even like the ESB Deluxe Proto helmet. The matte green doesn’t match the ESB armor at all. That’s minor compared to the solid difference in color I see between the RSB helmet and the RotJ helmet from what I can telll.

BTW. Blue Moon is tasty. Thanks!

Trying out different poses today. Can't seem to find the one I want just yet
443b7c76363ed12758144147ad00feb8.jpg

I am a meat popsicle

didnt notice until comparison pics between Ht ROTJ and EMP fetts how dif the helmets are. the ROTJ seems to come down further on front correct? angles down more. and thats why the emp fett has more neck exposed when viewing from directly in front of figure?

cant fight it much longer if someone can confirm out of box stock this fett has more neck showing im sold, lol.:rotfl

Helmet sits a bit higher exposing more neck... GET IT :rock

Looking good, and with Vader. Nice poses!

Very nice! Empire Vader is looking better and better with each member who has magical futzing powers.
Here is my current Boba, I do want to cut squares to place in his pockets, just haven't had a lot of extra time lately. Also would love to have a solution to the horrible gap between his gauntlets and his wrists. Every time I repose him and think it looks great, the dang gap has to be hidden.
40d60d68c112386cbcb25210636d09e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying out different poses today. Can't seem to find the one I want just yet
443b7c76363ed12758144147ad00feb8.jpg

I am a meat popsicle

Nice shots guys. I went for the same classic Cloud City pose last night after putting a dull-coat on his gloves. Takes that shiny rubber glove look out which stood out a bit too much for me.
IMG_E9924.jpg

IMG_E9928.jpg

white wrist joint swap? saw it abit back dunno freak but i think they added lil cuffs of fabric makin it look like glove extends abit to hide joint/gap.

so thats stock wor-gar? think im sold if so, order on b-day tomorrow.

Why does this look so amazing? Can I ask for a list of mods, tweaks.

Here ya go: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-hot-toys-esb-fett-tips-tricks-cool-mods.html

Thank you!

Anyone figure out a solution for the "dark crevice" between glove and gauntlet?

McHaleyArt put some fabric on there but i believe he glued them to medicom gloves. I was thinking of putting the HT wrist peg through fabric then into the glove and tucking the excess into the gauntlet. I think that'd work as well.

white wrist joint swap? saw it abit back dunno freak but i think they added lil cuffs of fabric makin it look like glove extends abit to hide joint/gap.

so thats stock wor-gar? think im sold if so, order on b-day tomorrow.

Yep. Stock. Pretty easy to futz too. Everything comes off without trouble. Happy early b-day!

McHaleyArt put some fabric on there but i believe he glued them to medicom gloves. I was thinking of putting the HT wrist peg through fabric then into the glove and tucking the excess into the gauntlet. I think that'd work as well.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about a "faux glove extension". Likely the only way to make it look right...

Back