1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snapped a fresh shot of ESB Fett after watching Mando last night. Love this figure. Hope we get a "mando" version announced soon!

View attachment 500678

Ha, cool I did the same [emoji41]

24751bf890eefd1f28e4f3b2c5bf84c3.jpg

A Mandalorian version, I'm not sure. He's more of a Boba Fat then Boba Fett in the Mandalorian.

d17b2a9a2199b544d651b039eeb32853.jpg

I actually dig it that he shows a little heft and scars that can come with age. Makes it a little more real Instead of him looking exactly the same. I hope HT faithfully recreates this look for the eventual figure.

Same, and from what my spouse and I have seen, most reactions have been positive. The cheap jokes are really unnecessary.

Tempers Morrison is wonderful as always. I appreciate that this version of Boba Fett’s choreography reflects how someone of his age and size would move.

They have him use that physicality to great effect when beating up the Stormtroopers.

Temuera Morrison isn't even fat at all. He's also wearing large robes underneath that armour.

I'd like to see any of us look as good as he does at 60. The guy gave a great performance.

Morrison nailed the role to me. Fett was brutal in the episode and actually did something besides look cool. I like how he used his knee darts in the episode too.

Was it officially announced that the 40th Anniversary set is a straight up reissue and no updated pieces and just repackaged?

The thing that bothers me about Morrison taking over the role is that this is about five, maybe six years after Jedi... They expect me to believe in five years he went from that to this? If he's THAT haggard from the sarlacc injuries, he sure doesn't show it while he's fighting - he sure seems sure-footed, strong and limber. He lost a few inches vertically, gained many around the waist, and stopped standing and holding a blaster the same way. In five years. I don't believe it, at all, but I'll accept it enough to enjoy the show.

The thing that bothers me about Morrison taking over the role is that this is about five, maybe six years after Jedi... They expect me to believe in five years he went from that to this? If he's THAT haggard from the sarlacc injuries, he sure doesn't show it while he's fighting - he sure seems sure-footed, strong and limber. He lost a few inches vertically, gained many around the waist, and stopped standing and holding a blaster the same way. In five years. I don't believe it, at all, but I'll accept it enough to enjoy the show.

There are a number of things I don't get about this version of Boba, but I agree, I'll accept it, it's great to see him alive and competent after bumbling to his death 25 years ago.

Temuera Morrison isn't even fat at all. He's also wearing large robes underneath that armour.

I'd like to see any of us look as good as he does at 60. The guy gave a great performance.

He's not fat at all, he's just a thick dude, and in a costume that was obviously not tailored for him. He was also thick as Jango back in the day.

I'm wondering if he's going to have an updated full set of armour for his next appearance, he needs to let out that torso vest for sure. How would everyone feel if he repainted the armour? In-universe, I couldn't see him leaving the armour in such sorry shape, but the show runners know that a fresh looking Boba would be take away from the character.

Thank you Robert Rodriguez and Jon Faverau for giving Boba his due. It's been a very long time coming. I due think as far as the Dad Body it's due to robes he is wearing. I loved how they reconned it to show him and Jango are true Mandalorians. Anyone notice how his costume in this epiesode is a mix of Mythos Kenobi and Boba?

I actually dig it that he shows a little heft and scars that can come with age. Makes it a little more real Instead of him looking exactly the same. I hope HT faithfully recreates this look for the eventual figure.

HT has never shied away from the liberal use of a fatsuit. Here it looks like it'll finally be put to good use.:lecture:lol

Even if it's a Bubba Fett or Boba Fat, Morrison seems to have done a solid job, though I personally have a hard time embracing this PT mythology of the character - Boba was always more unique, complex and mysterious than what was presented in the PT (that kid, clones, Boba just another Temuera behind the mask etc,) and in a movie as dismal, and as dismally titled, as "Attack of the Clones."

So I've seen a lot of comments about the gloves, gauntlets and other parts...I have the SS boba fett, which parts do some of you feel are more accurate than on the HT?...just trying to decide if I want to do a blend of the 2 figures....

Are there things that the first SS Boba Fett has an edge over this HT Boba Fett? As a not so discerning collector who doesn't mind the color inaccuracies I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to sell my SS Boba Fett on the secondhand market to make room for the HT version.

So I've seen a lot of comments about the gloves, gauntlets and other parts...I have the SS boba fett, which parts do some of you feel are more accurate than on the HT?...just trying to decide if I want to do a blend of the 2 figures....

Are there things that the first SS Boba Fett has an edge over this HT Boba Fett? As a not so discerning collector who doesn't mind the color inaccuracies I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to sell my SS Boba Fett on the secondhand market to make room for the HT version.

This thread covers a lot:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189621

Trying to remove the fatsuit right now, how the hell do I get the codpiece off without damaging it?

Well, I pried it off. The little silver pin isn't too tight, and its fallen out several time since I removed the codpiece; I think I will use some superglue on it later. I ended up not removing the entirety of the fatsuit; it makes futzing with the chest, codpiece, belt, and sash easier so I just cut off the thigh sections. Now he looks a bit slimmer and the torso armor doesn't move around at the slightest touch.

Back