1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a really beautiful figure - it's a couple of years on now but it's a real eye-catcher on the shelf. A few minor issues with the helmet but overall it's just a shrunken down Boba Fett.

I'm surprised we haven't seen a custom "Mando Boba" yet.

I'm sure several of our best customizers are working on one now.

Just add a second fatsuit or two.:dunno:rotfl

Babyoda and Mando Boba... its all mumbo jumbo.

Speaking about Jumbo Fett... ever notice how people age so quickly in Star Wars. First Old Ben in just 20 years, now Old Fett in just a mere 5 years!

HT has never shied away from the liberal use of a fatsuit. Here it looks like it'll finally be put to good use.:lecture:lol

Even if it's a Bubba Fett or Boba Fat, Morrison seems to have done a solid job, though I personally have a hard time embracing this PT mythology of the character - Boba was always more unique, complex and mysterious than what was presented in the PT (that kid, clones, Boba just another Temuera behind the mask etc,) and in a movie as dismal, and as dismally titled, as "Attack of the Clones."

I agree with you, yet somehow I still enjoy Morrison as Jango? I dunno. There are so many things I like about AOTC, until I watch it again, then I remember. I don't want to make this into another PT vs OT thing, but so many people worked so hard for so long to make everything in those films, just to be let down by Lucas himself. I actually love the worlds and art and creatures designed for so much of the prequels, but then I'll try to watch one again...

I have a weird disconnect in my brain where I'm seemingly okay with Morrison playing Boba, but if I see the OT ESB and it has his voice over in the film I'm almost angry about it lol

I agree with you, yet somehow I still enjoy Morrison as Jango? I dunno. There are so many things I like about AOTC, until I watch it again, then I remember. I don't want to make this into another PT vs OT thing, but so many people worked so hard for so long to make everything in those films, just to be let down by Lucas himself. I actually love the worlds and art and creatures designed for so much of the prequels, but then I'll try to watch one again...

I have a weird disconnect in my brain where I'm seemingly okay with Morrison playing Boba, but if I see the OT ESB and it has his voice over in the film I'm almost angry about it lol

Oh, I do love the Jango/Obi Wan battle in the rain, and a few of the AOTC visuals and yeah, I quite like a number of PT designs generally, but to me the kid Boba idea was just so weak, and weakly executed (oh, look - it's Boba's childhood trauma!.)

And I think I'm a bit bummed that we've now had it confirmed that yes, just like all those goofy semi-CGI clone troopers through those interminable PT movies, Boba has that same TM face - I really would have loved to see someone new. I mean hey, everyone just pop the head off your SSC Jango and onto your Boba body and you're all set, right?:lol Boriiiiiing.

The idea of kid Boba and kid/teen Vader in the same arena, kid Vader and "kid/embryonic" 3PO being intimately connected, and kid Vader and kid Greedo on the same street, etc etc... just ugh.:slap I get that Mando is 3/4 fan service but that kind of "connection" was just so dumb - just the very idea of showing Boba Fett as a boy is so dull.

Babyoda and Mando Boba... its all mumbo jumbo.

Speaking about Jumbo Fett... ever notice how people age so quickly in Star Wars. First Old Ben in just 20 years, now Old Fett in just a mere 5 years!

To be fair, the Tatooine sun isn't kind and neither is a Tusken lover, and Fett did have some sarlacc digestive juices coating him.:dunno:lol

I agree with you, yet somehow I still enjoy Morrison as Jango? I dunno. There are so many things I like about AOTC, until I watch it again, then I remember.

I can so relate. :lol

It's easy to picture all the cool designs of the PT or get nostalgic for the hype around the trailers and everything and get halfway excited to revisit them...until you actually start watching them again, lol.

I know right! The worst part is that his line delivery is just so off and poor compared to Jason Wingreen. I was even open to hearing TM's take on a grown Fett back in the day until I heard how he said the lines. Did George specifically direct him to lose all of the menace of the original voice? Was he supposed to sound like an obedient clone instead of a snarling badass? "I want them alive, no disintegrations." "As you wish sir! Right away sir!" Ugh.

You'd think he was redubbing C-3PO not Boba freaking Fett. "He's no good to me dead, though I have been known to make mistakes...from time to time."

And it's even more infuriating because TM does a really good job in Mando! He has a gruffer voice that might have even been acceptable in ESB. But no he has to sound awesome on a TV show and like a wimp in *The Empire Strikes Back.* :mad:

And I think I'm a bit bummed that we've now had it confirmed that yes, just like all those goofy semi-CGI clone troopers through those interminable PT movies, Boba has that same TM face - I really would have loved to see someone new.

Yeah. In a perfect world they would have just ignored the Jango clone stuff and cast Daniel Craig as post-ROTJ Fett. He just has the look and attitude of a guy that I could imagine was always under the mask and when he did an American accent for his little cameo in TFA he even sounded like OT Fett ("I'll tighten those restraints, scavenger scum.")

Yeah. In a perfect world they would have just ignored the Jango clone stuff and cast Daniel Craig as post-ROTJ Fett. He just has the look and attitude of a guy that I could imagine was always under the mask and when he did an American accent for his little cameo in TFA he even sounded like OT Fett ("I'll tighten those restraints, scavenger scum.")

I think that Morrison would fit the bill as someone you could imagine under that Boba Fett helmet if you weren?t tainted by him being Jango and the whole kid Boba thing. Morrison has a great look, cool voice, etc. Daniel Craig is too handsome....although that would explain Boba?s success with the groupies in Jabbas palace. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's easy to picture all the cool designs of the PT or get nostalgic for the hype around the trailers and everything and get halfway excited to revisit them...until you actually start watching them again, lol.

I know right! The worst part is that his line delivery is just so off and poor compared to Jason Wingreen. I was even open to hearing TM's take on a grown Fett back in the day until I heard how he said the lines. Did George specifically direct him to lose all of the menace of the original voice? Was he supposed to sound like an obedient clone instead of a snarling badass? "I want them alive, no disintegrations." "As you wish sir! Right away sir!" Ugh.

You'd think he was redubbing C-3PO not Boba freaking Fett. "He's no good to me dead, though I have been known to make mistakes...from time to time."

And it's even more infuriating because TM does a really good job in Mando! He has a gruffer voice that might have even been acceptable in ESB. But no he has to sound awesome on a TV show and like a wimp in *The Empire Strikes Back.* :mad:

Ughh you’re killing me.

This is a great way to phrase it. I love Tem, I grew up on Bounty Hunter for the Gamecube and he was a complete badass in that, but his line delivery is so funky. "He's worth a lot to me" has always stood out to me, he puts the emphasis on "me" and the line reads as "Hey, don't forget about me! I want Solo too!", it makes him sound like a frustrated child

IMG_20201213_162332_741.jpg

For a production that seems to understand how important consistency in body language is when acting in a suit... They took no notice of the way Bulloch moved and carried himself in the OT. I wish they would've put someone in the suit or behind the camera who understood the importance. This fett has a totally different build, and if he got so beat up in the pit, how does he have so much speed, strength and stamina? Five years aged him 15? Fett was around 40 in jedi, right? Argh. I feel like they sacrificed every aspect to have morrison's face, and they could've hidden any, better suit actor's face under the helmet or the scarring. But, alas the armor and especially slave 1 are SO good to see again. I'm infatuated with that ship.

Yeah I find the difference in his look and body language to be pretty jarring as well (especially only 5 years post-ROTJ), but this is one case where I just chalk it up to Boba having been changed and hardened quite a bit by his experience with the Sarlaac. Making him essentially an all new Boba Fett.

Plus the fact we didn't really see him much in action before, other than fending off Luke from a distance on Bespin, and briefly joining the skiff battle. So maybe he really did have all these cool moves in his arsenal and just never had the chance to show it before. He was regarded as the galaxy's most-feared bounty hunter or something like that, so he clearly had to be a lot more ruthless and badass than he showed.

Yep, I'm with you guys on noticing Fett's new stature but we just have to accept that they're trying to sync him up with the AOTC/OT SE version of the character and not theatrical OT. It's a bummer but at least he's a genuine badass and TM is playing him in entertaining fashion in his own right.

And as I posted in the official Mando discussion thread he *does* actually carry himself like OT Bulloch Fett at the beginning of the latest episode where he stands off the to side, systematically monitoring their surroundings while the others discuss the upcoming mission.

mandofett.jpg

Yeah I find the difference in his look and body language to be pretty jarring as well (especially only 5 years post-ROTJ), but this is one case where I just chalk it up to Boba having been changed and hardened quite a bit by his experience with the Sarlaac. Making him essentially an all new Boba Fett.

Plus the fact we didn't really see him much in action before, other than fending off Luke from a distance on Bespin, and briefly joining the skiff battle. So maybe he really did have all these cool moves in his arsenal and just never had the chance to show it before. He was regarded as the galaxy's most-feared bounty hunter or something like that, so he clearly had to be a lot more ruthless and badass than he showed.

One of the really weird things I find about the series is how it feels as if Din is new to the galaxy, or at least, he behaves as if the events of the OT were as far back as the actual films were, like 40+ years. In reality, you'd think he'd be quite aware of who Boba Fett was, as he's only been MIA for like 5 years and before that he was notorious throughout the galaxy for his entire adult life.

One of the really weird things I find about the series is how it feels as if Din is new to the galaxy, or at least, he behaves as if the events of the OT were as far back as the actual films were, like 40+ years.

Ha ha, very true. Makes for entertaining viewing though.

Imperial Officer: "What's your designation son?"

Mando: "Uh, Empire...person?"

lol

Back