1/6 Hot Toys 1:6 Avengers Endgame : Rescue figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
why are they marking down the figure?

A new battery safety law was enacted in Australia a few days ago.

Button cell battery compartments must be compliant with the new standards so a lot of items for sale that take them are now unsellable in Australia.

They’ve significantly marked down figures, statues, and other items that take button cell batteries since they can only sell them internationally for now till they figure something out.

A new battery safety law was enacted in Australia a few days ago.

Button cell battery compartments must be compliant with the new standards so a lot of items for sale that take them are now unsellable in Australia.

They’ve significantly marked down figures, statues, and other items that take button cell batteries since they can only sell them internationally for now till they figure something out.

I think all they need to do is remove the battery tray from the box and it would've been compliant. Heck if the batteries were pre-installed I'm not sure if that would've been in breach or not as getting into those compartments isn't the easiest thing to do, especially for a child who doesn't know any better than to put small objects into their mouths.

That Popcultcha price is too good to pass up. This figure is unique and gorgeous, I just couldn't justify the price for a less essential character until now.

I think all they need to do is remove the battery tray from the box and it would've been compliant. Heck if the batteries were pre-installed I'm not sure if that would've been in breach or not as getting into those compartments isn't the easiest thing to do, especially for a child who doesn't know any better than to put small objects into their mouths.

The compartment itself is not compliant unfortunately. Apparently the screw is not enough. There has to be a special mechanism to keep the batteries from being easily removed.

Sideshow and Popcultcha have cancelled preorders with batteries over this.

There are smaller retailers and resellers who are taking the risk and removing the batteries and shipping figures locally. But Popcultcha is Ikon and they are the distributor so they can’t do that.

They said they are looking at seeing if they can modify the compartment themselves to be complaint in the future.

The compartment itself is not compliant unfortunately. Apparently the screw is not enough. There has to be a special mechanism to keep the batteries from being easily removed.

Sideshow and Popcultcha have cancelled preorders with batteries over this.

There are smaller retailers and resellers who are taking the risk and removing the batteries and shipping figures locally. But Popcultcha is Ikon and they are the distributor so they can’t do that.

They said they are looking at seeing if they can modify the compartment themselves to be complaint in the future.
From what I've read it seems the packaging is likely more of an issue right now than the actual battery compartments on HT figures. The figures will need to pass an as-yet-undefined "compliance test". As not too many toddlers are mechanically proficient enough to not only (a) identify a Phillips screw head but then (b) go find the correct screwdriver and (c) use it to open the compartment and access the batteries I think these figures would likely pass whatever test they establish. But the batteries themselves are quite easy to get to in the box, so they will likely have to be put in a blister pack such that they're harder to access. Or eliminated entirely.

I thought about buying this but even at nearly 50% off, I'm still not sure I want it. If the iron man 3 PP head were compatible it would be easier to justify.

I thought about buying this but even at nearly 50% off, I'm still not sure I want it. If the iron man 3 PP head were compatible it would be easier to justify.

Then you shouldn't get it. The reaction to it should've been hell yes at that price. Otherwise it'll just be a waste of your money.

Last edited:
From what I've read it seems the packaging is likely more of an issue right now than the actual battery compartments on HT figures. The figures will need to pass an as-yet-undefined "compliance test". As not too many toddlers are mechanically proficient enough to not only (a) identify a Phillips screw head but then (b) go find the correct screwdriver and (c) use it to open the compartment and access the batteries I think these figures would likely pass whatever test they establish. But the batteries themselves are quite easy to get to in the box, so they will likely have to be put in a blister pack such that they're harder to access. Or eliminated entirely.
There are three main things and 99% of all products with cell/button batteries fail.
The packaging needs really specific warnings, the case containing the batteries needs to be proofed so a child can’t get to them and the battery compartment needs to be doubled proofed like @MyenShi described.

There was one example where a yoghurt had a battery in its lid so it would light up. Somehow i completely missed this but it has been in the news here for over a year and retailers were given lots of warnings starting nearly two years ago.

One of my go to’s for HT told me that their wholesaler (presumably Ikon) left it until the last minute and created chaos.

I understand these new laws, but I'm thinking what took so long, and at the same time I go why now.

Any parent should've learned about such problems, but obviously not. Heck as a child I learned how to handle such button cells, not because of a younger sibling, but because of my walking garbage disposals (dogs). Because if there's any thing that will put well anything in their mouths it's the family dog.

Yes the presence of the batteries in packaging is the big issue, but so is the compartment itself. There’s legal and financial risk involved in just removing the batteries and selling an item with a currently non-compliant battery compartment so Ikon/Popcultcha is not doing it.

From what I understand, the wording of the legislation seems to make it complicated where said compartment requires some sort of extra mechanism to keep the batteries in place. Even if the compartment is screwed down.

96E75DEE-0260-401A-B95A-01FEB17A3C6B.png

There’s a lot of unknowns right now but many are pessimistic about Hot Toys agreeing to meet those stringent standards and go through inspections for a relatively smaller market. Versus if this were enacted in the US, they would definitely implement changes as quickly as possible.

I've been on the fence with this figure too. It's still going for decent prices on the import sites, but not this cheap.
Dag nabbit...

I think getting this for a deep discount is a great deal!

I must admit that I am biased bk I have this figure and really like it a lot. I like how it is so different than all the other armors in the Iron Man family of figures. It has great possibility if you are into dynamic poses. Also I think the headsculpt is pretty good, it is definitely Paltrow.

I paid full price and have ZERO regrets despite seeing the discount prices it is going for now. I think if you get this figure at a discount you will more likely than not be impressed with it I’m hand.

Back