1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotcha didn't realize the size difference on the figs. I put the leg extensions on the first avenger cap but I haven't gotten any of the recent ones.

It's not an unfair comparison with a 1/4 statue.
Hot toys showed they can nail the physique if they really wanted too.

The proportions on my concept Cap is spot on.
It's the reason I cancelled my IF and got this instead.
So it's not just because it's an unfair comparison to a bigger statue.
Hot toys can do it if they wanted to.

ErkOb6n.jpg

It really is baffling how they could finally nail the traps on the concept figure and regress right back into this one, its got to be some shortcut working from the aou-cw design line, like how they biffed the diecast Mark 3 by taking too much from the previous chassis instead of retooling

I think the shields are all the same. The difference is this figure is nearly an inch taller than TFA Cap. Size creep is real. Just look at the Mark 50.

That really bugs me, just take the measurements and divide by 6 and that's how big everything should be. I don't have them but have heard the Blitzway Ghostbusters are huge, like just stick to the scale. That's what makes this type of collecting work. Iron Mans have seemed big for a while, we're going to get to a point where the headsculpts are too small for the bodies, if we're not already there.

That really bugs me, just take the measurements and divide by 6 and that's how big everything should be. I don't have them but have heard the Blitzway Ghostbusters are huge, like just stick to the scale. That's what makes this type of collecting work. Iron Mans have seemed big for a while, we're going to get to a point where the headsculpts are too small for the bodies, if we're not already there.

I have the BW Buster set and they are more in scale with the MK 50 than IW Thor is. I did have the MK50 displayed with IW Thor and Cap but it just looked odd that he would be bigger than those two so now he is next to Thanos. I have no issues with the Ghostbusters size because they have their own shelf and look great together.

But HT should be able to get figures from the same movie that will be displayed next to each other correctly scaled.

It really is baffling how they could finally nail the traps on the concept figure and regress right back into this one, its got to be some shortcut working from the aou-cw design line, like how they biffed the diecast Mark 3 by taking too much from the previous chassis instead of retooling

The Mark 3 and Mark 2 are are actually pretty well proportioned with the other DC except for one thing. They both have stubby thighs. If those were about 1/2 to 3/4 inch longer, I think it would look just about right

I get your point, and understand your gripe, but HT seldom make their figures in true 1/6.
It's 12" scale for the most part. Most figures of men are about 12", and most figures of women are just under 11".
It's not every figure. They famously scaled Avengers Assemble Hulk at 1/6 and he was far too big, and scaled the IronMonger to 12" scale and he was under sized. The Man Of Steel figures(Superman and Zod), were about 13" tall, making them true 1/6, but those figures then became hard to pose with other figures as they towere above them, lol.
It's hit or miss. They usually scale all accessories a shade too small for true 1/6(There are several problems with blasters for SW figures, for example), but often scale head correctly(Making the body seem a bit short). I suppose it's that they usually go with readily available bodies and just alter heights with longer pegs.
There never seems to be any rhyme or reason to it. Some figures get small foot pegs, others get ones that are an inch long. They made an effort with Marty McFly to make him shorter.
I generally don't mind a figure being a little bit off. I have been very happy with almost every HT purchase myself, but i do understand why others would be upset.
If you absolutely want the latest(Insert character name here), does it matte to you if he's 12" scale versus 1/6?
If it does, then the only people to message about it, are the HT people. But when it comes to Cap's shield, they have the moulds made, and if only a handful of people are griping, they might not think it's worth paying a lot of money to fix.

So has he really been wearing the exact same helmet since Winter Soldier? With all the other outfit changes I assumed that had been tweaked a bit as well, but comparing with older pics it appears to have not changed at all.

So has he really been wearing the exact same helmet since Winter Soldier? With all the other outfit changes I assumed that had been tweaked a bit as well, but comparing with older pics it appears to have not changed at all.

Pretty much, the only real difference is cosmetic- in WS the "wing" was just an inlay of silver and the rest of the shape matched the helmet color. By Ultron more of the shape was painted to highlight it, been that way ever since

eOQXv5M.jpg

KwoEQGD.jpg

I just realize Cap wearing his stealth suit when they go to Thanos planet. Probably HT have reason now to rerelease Cap Stealth suit. It's one of my fav Cap suit but HT first attempt just kinda underwhelming.

I just realize Cap wearing his stealth suit when they go to Thanos planet. Probably HT have reason now to rerelease Cap Stealth suit. It's one of my fav Cap suit but HT first attempt just kinda underwhelming.
That's what I'm hoping will come up too.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Don't know why, but the hammer looks smaller in those pictures.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am not a fan of that helmeted face. Looks like he ate a warhead and is trying to keep a straight face. I know which Evans face it's trying to depict but I just don't think it captures it very well.

But I'm liking that other new helmetless sculpt so much that's probably how I'll display it anyway, so warhead-face won't matter much.

I am not a fan of that helmeted face. Looks like he ate a warhead and is trying to keep a straight face. I know which Evans face it's trying to depict but I just don't think it captures it very well.

But I'm liking that other new helmetless sculpt so much that's probably how I'll display it anyway, so warhead-face won't matter much.

Yes I agree, its very off putting.

Don’t get me wrong, this figure is undoubtedly cool and nice, but I’m just not really liking it in the way that I should and not finding it to be overly impressive. By that, I mean just leaps and bounds better than the CW version. To be honest, I think the IW version is a bit more striking figure wise.

At the moment, the only thing that’s really drawing me to it is because it’s the suit that Cap wore when he wielded Mjolnir. As iconic a moment that is, I feel like that alone would be the wrong reason to get this when I already have other versions, and would be a reason that would sort of wear off in a few months or so after the hype wanes.

Back