Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. My one from sideshow is 7 days outside the return period. I would have happily eaten $20 shipping to get refunded $500 and buy this for $330. It's hard to tell if I can get enough for the EX to make snatching a regular on this deal is worth it.

^ I've seen a lot of FB posts selling this guy (ex) and no one is buying them, seriously.

These 1/4 guys have a hard time selling afterwards.

I don't really collect 1/4 but was SOOOO tempted to grab this from ThinkGeek. I was hoping I could get the HT Vader for 30% off but it was out of stock as well. Hope some of you grabbed that deal for this one.

Vader has been out of stock forever, was just the pre-order. Maybe they'll actually get him in stock when he's released in the states and there could be future sales there, but who knows. Surprised they don't have any other HT or SS figures. They have R2 from SS but not much else -- an Indy pre-order.

^ I've seen a lot of FB posts selling this guy (ex) and no one is buying them, seriously.

These 1/4 guys have a hard time selling afterwards.

I haven't been paying much attention to his resale value but it does seem to be hard to recoup money on this one. Which is fine, I love it and want to keep it. Sucks to think I could have saved almost $200 but oh well, **** happens.

The figure wasn't released that long ago. Anyone looking to sell an item that's still readily available (regular edition anyway) is asking to take a loss. I suspect its price will go up in the next year or two. Particularly once Boba Fett inevitable gets involved in a new movie somehow.

The figure wasn't released that long ago. Anyone looking to sell an item that's still readily available (regular edition anyway) is asking to take a loss. I suspect its price will go up in the next year or two. Particularly once Boba Fett inevitable gets involved in a new movie somehow.

Agreed. Once things sell out is when things go crazy price wise...that said I'm not selling mine as I'm loving this figure.

I've had this one for a few weeks now. I think it is a great figure.

He's is a photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 454
So a few weeks ago I got my replacement fett, and I FINALLY got him in a pose I liked. 9/11 figure
Dg1QVTh.jpg

I opened my figure tonight, and I'm a bit disappointed. Primarily, there are some white spots on the black space in his visor. They look like chips, or maybe it just wasn't painted correctly? They are really small, but also incredibly distracting to me on the one spot on the figure that is supposed to be shiny and flawless. But beyond that, the ratchet joints are bothersome. They limit poseability somewhat, which is exacerbated by the difficulty of moving the arms into decent positions when he's holding his gun, and the lack of extra feet with bent toes as the SSC figure had. Also, the gauntlets and gun feel a bit more fragile than 1/6 scale counterparts somehow. Probably in part due to the fact that it's more awkward trying to get a figure this size into proper position, and that creates more situations where you feel like something could be damaged/broken.

On the plus side, he looks fantastic. It really is just a scaled up 1/6 scale Hot Toys figure in this department. I put him on a display with some SSC PFs, and he puts them totally to shame in the paint apps and detailing department. But on balance, I would rather just go 1/6 in the future than 1/4 with HT, with a couple of possible exceptions. I've also had experience with Enterbay's 1/4 scale Batman, and it didn't really blow me away, either. Maybe statues are just better than figures at this scale, for me.

I prefer 1/6 for general collecting too, QS series is reserved for the few characters I truly love. Out of all the 1/4 scale figures I own, the HT Dark Knight figure is the only one that really blew me away.

Quick phone snap, here's where I've put the beast at. Such a great figure! This is the TFA corner (OT case across the room) but it's the only spot left he can go since the Scout troopers and speeder bike are over there.

Merry Christmas, guys!

Back