Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing that bothers me is that i want another stand. A simpler and smaller one. I love the current stand but he doesn't fit in with the rest.

Best,

Robert

The only thing that bothers me is that i want another stand. A simpler and smaller one. I love the current stand but he doesn't fit in with the rest.

Best,

Robert

Yeah, I'd like an alternate one too. The spot where I want him to go is impossible right now.

Got this as a surprise from my wife at christmas. Great fun to open up, but pretty disappointed overall. I have all the QS releases from HT and this one feels like a 1/6th blow up compared to the others. Stand is silly big, visor is wrong (I won't go on about that again!), the gauntlets are way too delicate for something this size, possibility is pretty piss poor (worse than 1/6th), ratchet joints don't cut it in 1/4, a few QC issues on mine as well, magnet not attached inside backpack, stitching on pockets too small for one of the tools.

They should have provided a tube of crazy glue as an accessory. The hands are unwieldy to pose with weapons and to do so you have to handle with force the most ridiculously delicate gauntlets. I found leaving the clear plastic protection on the gauntlets while posing was the safest. I felt like even the gun was going to snap when getting the trigger hand to hold it properly. Not terribly impressed, looks nice on display but might as well have released a better posed statue. Stiff ratchet joints and silly hard hand plastic do not mix well with very brittle detailed plastic.

5/10

Last edited:
Just got mine today. Having a lot of trouble posing and even more trouble getting the Blaster into his hand. Anyone got any tips or even a posing video?

Just got mine today. Having a lot of trouble posing and even more trouble getting the Blaster into his hand. Anyone got any tips or even a posing video?

I'm amazed more people haven't commented about this. It barely holds the gun, the plastic they used for the hands is too stiff. When you do get it in, you might as well have a statue? Be very careful of the gauntlets when attempting to pose.

I've gotten all sorts of poses out of his already. Yeah it could be a lot more flexible, I'll give you that, but this is about as fragile as any other collectible I've held. I mean some people act like this is one of those 3A portal or halo "action" figures...now those were unposeable.

I'm amazed more people haven't commented about this. It barely holds the gun, the plastic they used for the hands is too stiff. When you do get it in, you might as well have a statue? Be very careful of the gauntlets when attempting to pose.

I actually love the figure overall but agree fully on this and because the hand was so painful to get the blaster into I have left him in the same pose since October. Basically his Jabbas palace pose with the blaster sort of at rest. I just don't want to have to go through the pain of getting it into that hand if it pops out. I really don't get why HT tortures us sometimes. Stuff like this and Darth Vader's maddening switch location are so baffling. How does Chan approve those?

Seems like kind of a mixed bag on this figure. Kind of has me questioning whether to pick one up or not…
especially the comments about it just being "a blown up 1/6 scale version".

Makes it sound kind of cheap, like there was no effort put into it.

My only 1/4 scale is Mark XLIII, and it is truly a work of art. Any advice here?

Also have the problem where my pillar for the stand doesn't fit in the holes if the plate is on the base. Sigh. I bought this new from Ebay because it was cheaper so I probably cant even get a replacement. I'm too scared to do anything with it until I find a video for posing it.

Seems like kind of a mixed bag on this figure. Kind of has me questioning whether to pick one up or not…

My only 1/4 scale is Mark XLIII, and it is truly a work of art. Any advice here?

This is a work of art too. Don't listen to that blown up 1/6 BS. This is one of my favorite pieces in the collection. It's stunning and will blow you away!

I haven't had any issues posing him. All you have to do when you put the gun in his hand is be careful. As with any other collectible out there.

Check out loads of video and reviews on you tube. You can see and hear what other collectors think and I have had mine for a few days and like it very much. I'm not a new collector by any stretch and have 1/2, 1/3. 1/4, and 1/6 scale figures and statues. IMO I think it's great.. everything has it's issues, but I don't think your going to put this guy in a new pose everyday... but maybe you are???

This is a work of art too. Don't listen to that blown up 1/6 BS. This is one of my favorite pieces in the collection. It's stunning and will blow you away!

I haven't had any issues posing him. All you have to do when you put the gun in his hand is be careful. As with any other collectible out there.

Yea the detail on him is actually tremendous. His helmet in particular. I actually love the base too but it's way too big for my cabinet so he's my only figure that sits out on display by my tvs in the man cave.

image.jpeg
Managed to get a ****** pose. But not with the gun I wanted.

I found that putting the hand on the gun first and then inserting the hand on the wrist really helps. I have had no issue in posing Bobba. If you want to get more natural poses look at photos. You may have done that as well.. Also don't be afraid to bend the joints and apply slight pressure to the limbs when posing. Yes, there are limitations, but you can get some great things out of this figure. If I could suggest you bending his torso chest/waist forward so he doesn't look like he's about to fall backward.. also tilt the head down a bit that will help the look..:) Good Luck!

This is such a stunning figure on display! I wasn't keen on the stand, so it's stayed in the box and he's displayed without it. He's been in that pose pretty much since I got him in November last year.

BF01.jpg
BF02.jpg

I can't even get the gun in properly. And when I do it leaves no room for the hnd to be put back on

Back