Hot Toys 1/4 Avengers Announcement!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow's flagship line is comic Marvel, their movie Marvel line has never been anywhere near the top . Even if they were to cancel their Marvel movie line at SSC, it still probably wont affect them that much. (Ironman stuff is great because of Legacy/Stan Winston, so that will stay for sure.)

Their movie Marvel piece are stuff like movie Beast, Drake from Blade movie, the Thing from FF movie, and now Movie Thor and Cap.

-

Last edited:
Forget Enterbay.

The real question is: should Sideshow be concerned? All things being equal Sideshow can't touch HT in terms of likeness. Now at 1/4 scale is a whole new game.

I think so ! SS likenesses are hit and miss and a lot of them are pretty crappy actually, compared to the likenesses that HT produce. EB's T-800 is way better than the SS IMO, so it's already started.

:horse

Back at it again, that didn't take long. :lol

He does have a valid point. Their announcements are getting out of hand. How about they take a break on the announcements and just start showing the goods? Where is Green Lantern and Metal Gear? HT is starting to alienate people with all these announcements and half ass teasers. This latest one even comes out as petty. Seems a lot of their moves lately are only to counter act other companies (EB T-800 and IM2 Hall of Armour for example).

He does have a valid point. Their announcements are getting out of hand. How about they take a break on the announcements and just start showing the goods? Where is Green Lantern and Metal Gear? HT is starting to alienate people with all these announcements and half ass teasers. This latest one even comes out as petty. Seems a lot of their moves lately are only to counter act other companies (EB T-800 and IM2 Hall of Armour for example).

His point has been made ad nauseum in every thread in every forum for months on end. GL flopped, no need to rush product for a crap film that tanked. People will buy HT's 1/4 over EB, they already did damage to EB sales just by making these announcements.

Back at it again, that didn't take long. :lol

Just adressing a post, The Avengers was announced one-two months ago, other licenses were much longer before that, figures should be revealed in the order in which the announcements were announced, no matter what the are or who they are for.

I didn't advocate for licenses i want, i was talking in generalities.

And stalking my posts didn't take you long :moon

:goodpost:

Cheers :hi5:

Ok GL flopped I'll buy that, but what about Metal Gear?
What about it? I don't know, and I really don't care. Where is it stated that for every Batman release there has to be 1 GL release, 1 Watchmen release, 1 GL release, 1 Thor release, etc? I don't understand why fans of the less popular licenses feel compelled to piss and moan every single time an announcement is made for a much hotter, much bigger, & much more popular license that will sell 10 times as much product as the lines they are clamoring for.

Just adressing a post, The Avengers was announced one-two months ago, other licenses were much longer before that, figures should be revealed in the order in which the announcements were announced, no matter what the are or who they are for.

Says who, you? When did you get assigned the job of what figures should be released by HT and when? :lol

That's fine we obviously disagree on this topic and nothing wrong with that, but my opinion on metal gear is an educated opinion based on record sales of multiple MGS games and a distinct lack of high end collectibles from the series

That's fine we obviously disagree on this topic and nothing wrong with that, but my opinion on metal gear is an educated opinion based on record sales of multiple MGS games and a distinct lack of high end collectibles from the series

:exactly: Metal gear could be hot toys new cash cow, it's one of the best game series ever created and the characters( and there are many of them!) would translate beautifully into 1/6.

What about it? I don't know, and I really don't care. Where is it stated that for every Batman release there has to be 1 GL release, 1 Watchmen release, 1 GL release, 1 Thor release, etc? I don't understand why fans of the less popular licenses feel compelled to piss and moan every single time an announcement is made for a much hotter, much bigger, & much more popular license that will sell 10 times as much product as the lines they are clamoring for.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

In other words "minorities please shut the hell up!!"

science-fair-project.jpg

Fair enough. Though I don't know how many of the gamers who bought those games are into high end collectibles, my guess would be not as many as you think. At least, not nearly as many to give the major licenses a run for their money competitively but I might be wrong.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Minorities please shut the hell up!!

science-fair-project.jpg

:lol Wow!

Agreed. I'm actually surprised they haven't showed anything from Metal Gear yet. My guess is that we will have the protos by next year's SDCC. Speaking of which, it will probably have the best HT display yet (Avengers, Green Lantern, DKR with vehicles, Metal Gear, 1/4 scale figures and who knows what else!)... man, maybe I should this year!

Back