1/6 Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Bringing back an old pic but this seriously made me change my mind on selling my dx16 Maul. Was very close to letting it go but just couldn?t. Guess I?ll have 2 Mauls now

I believe they're looking fantastic next together.
134356276_10217538591086610_4303779354010721934_o.jpg

Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Wondering if there was a short run of this figure seeing as though it’s already on waitlist. Glad I already have mine on the way.

Seems like all of the Solo figures had a smaller than normal production run.

I jumped on the waitlist the day it went up but nothing so far... Hopefully it'll convert soon because all the reviews and pictures make this seem like a must have figure

It may be the only version of Maul I get. Passed on the one from TPM. Don’t think I’ll get the one from The Clone Wars either despite liking the show a lot.

I was going to pick this version up but seeing that the body is not fully tattooed underneath i'm going to wait for the Clone wars version.

This will look pretty cool on the shelf...

darth-maul_star-wars_gallery_5f7602d744dec.jpg

Anyone else hate that little place piece that goes between the wrist peg and gloves? Pain in the ass to put on the hands.

Also anyone know a way to have the hoody to be more weighted when on? (If that makes sense) It seems like when i press it down, it lifts a bit and doesn't look natural.

Thanks ObiGlen but I have zero desire picking up the CW version, unless CW Pre Vizsla being made to pair with this Maul.
Previzsla_detail_5.jpg

Thanks ObiGlen but I have zero desire picking up the CW version, unless CW Pre Vizsla being made to pair with this Maul.
View attachment 503255

Just wondering, besides the unnecessary limited articulation coming to the CW Maul, why do you have no desire? I mean if it?s just that you want a different opponent than Ahsoka (like you said Pre Vizsla), posing a fight will be wrought with all the same limitations. Personally, I?d like to see Savage Opress ASAP.

I totally want Pre Vizsla as well (although Bo-Katan is still on the top of my Mando figure want/list) but he needs to come with all his weapons, not just the Darksaber and a jet pack. He needs to come with his dual antennae helmet, magnetized boots (maybe some of those electric effects that attach to the boots) and of course a pair of Mandalorian vambraces. The vambraces were paired blaster barrels, a flamethrower, whipcord thrower and a launcher that fired disc-shaped buzzsaws (Mandalorian shurikens), a few bomb/grenades (which we just see explode so they can use whatever mold but it would be cool if they used the ones that Din Djarin keeps on his belt), his shriek-hawk sigil cape, and a pair of Mandalorian blaster pistols (I love the look, the particular sound and that they fire yellow blasts, I think).

Come to think of it, if they go that route, then I would have to strongly argue that it?s finally time to bring out a Savage Opress, and in DX form too. I don?t need small Savage but he needs 2 headsculpts (the one right after the Night Sisters pump him full of Dark Side steroids and then the one with the 3 cut horns, a few scars, a regular arm and a robotic replacement arm, his lost brother GPS amulet from Mother Talzin, the enchanted blade which was quickly replaced by the Dooku gifted/inspired double bladed saber. His armor was spectacular looking and was extremely durable able to withstand multiple blaster bolts and the acid raid on the garbage planet.

Because I perceive the CW Maul lacks of aesthetic design, but most importantly is the HS, lazily recasted from Solo Maul without any noticeable efforts. But as I said, if Pre Vizsla ever sees the light, I might pick up this CW version because I love that battle scene, beautiful depiction of power struggle to determine the Mandalore's throne :).

What body is used for this Solo Maul?

I've been eyeing up the Clone Wars Maul BUT I'm worried that in comparison to Solo Maul that figure is going to have less articulation and I won't be able to pull off many of the poses I want to do.

Just ordered a like new Solo Maul, received it today and one of the wires from the feet has fallen out. Likely during repackaging by the seller. I am attempting to return it. If I get stuck with it, has anyone attempted a fix for this, if so what did you do and how did it turn out? Anyone have an idea how to fix this issue, so disappointed as this is my first ever hot toy.

I would rather Savage Opress over Pre Vizsla any day on the week and twice on weekends.

d4eac1a3d9dfb3cc9f6841bfe60cfd55.png

From certain perspective if you think about it, Pre Vizsla was the essential element for the creation of beloved The Mandalorian nowadays :) (voiced by Favreau marked the first collaboration between him and Filoni decade ago)

Just ordered a like new Solo Maul, received it today and one of the wires from the feet has fallen out. Likely during repackaging by the seller. I am attempting to return it. If I get stuck with it, has anyone attempted a fix for this, if so what did you do and how did it turn out? Anyone have an idea how to fix this issue, so disappointed as this is my first ever hot toy.

It happens with Hot Toys occasionally (usually Iron man figures). The wirse are very exsposed so it shouldn't be to difficult to it slide back in. Do you have pic of which one?

It happens with Hot Toys occasionally (usually Iron man figures). The wirse are very exsposed so it shouldn't be to difficult to it slide back in. Do you have pic of which one?

I will grab a picture to show you. Unfortunately it is not able to slip back in, looks as if the wire was molded in and it just pulled out. If I cannot get this returned I?m not exactly sure how to get that fixed. I?m not the most steady handed or creative person.

Back