Hot Toys – MMS272D08 – Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Hot Rod (Mark XXII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah and its part of the Iron Legion... I'm glad these are being released, even though not everyone gets this one, we can all have the armors we want from the movie

exactly, people act as if HT's is forcing you to buy what they put out... If people didnt buy em they wouldnt do more, and they need to optimize as much of a mold as they cant to make money and move onto something else. just skip it, save money and get something else, not like they arent doing other things as well :lol

I don't get the whole "re-paint" thing either.

I guess that is because a lot of novice collectors don't understand what a re-paint is or how it came about.

It's also not as simple as using the "same molds"

Molds are only created for so much use before they are replaced. The tooling required to make the molds may still exists but I can guarantee you that they are far past the first set of molds they use to make War machine Mark 2

Although on eBay he's going for about 450, so that's not terrible I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best time to get it on eBay will be a little after it has been released. There will be a lot of listings competing against each other and the surplus that isn't initially sold will lower their prices for a while. That's the time to buy as it was when Midas came out. It's this window of time to get it before supply eventually dries up and it goes back up again to how it is expensive now.

Midas could be had for for $375+ shortly after it came out from all the multiple listings from scalpers, which wasn't bad considering that after taxes and shipping from SSC, we were paying $340ish more or less depending on shipping location. And those resellers who were netting $375-400 for Midas weren't making much profit after being raped by eBay + Paypal seller fees.

My stupid credit card's fraud alert blocked my NRD charge when I preordered Hot Rod, thus my preorder got cancelled. I put in on the wait list on the 11th, but if I don't get a conversion, I'll just pick one up on eBay after prices settle for the time being. Or I rather just find a fellow boardie who has a sudden change of mind of keeping this and offering the profit to him versus some random seller on eBay who doesn't even give a crap about our hobby.

Is that a custom? The helmet on that one looks nothing like the promotional pictures & I'm not overly fond of that battle damage to the mouth area & side of the helmet. :(

Yeah, WTH happened to it? :lol

hthotrod.jpg

That's what caught my attention as well. Promo shots show no such battle damage.

Well, i'm fairly sure it's a defect. Some people already have Hot Rod in-hand and have taken pictures of it without that damage. I can't understand the guy in the video so I don't know if he talks about it or not.

Last edited:
LOL no not yet. Gonna have to go more drastic and knock out walls if they don't stop with all of the iron man madness. With HB and that gorgeous 1/4 Mark 43 need to definitely find something bigger for displays.:lol
Yeah, unless your room (which is gorgeous btw) is the size of Macy's I think HT IM is going to win the war vs your 1-per shelf Detolf displays. :lol Custom or PAX ftw! :rock

Back