Hot Toys – MMS272D08 – Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Hot Rod (Mark XXII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got on the waitlist 11 December. Thoughts on this converting. Assuming they stopped taking waitlist orders a week after that. Fingers crossed I got in under the wire.....or I save myself 294 bucks.

So I got on the waitlist 11 December. Thoughts on this converting. Assuming they stopped taking waitlist orders a week after that. Fingers crossed I got in under the wire.....or I save myself 294 bucks.

Always a chance, but I would say low. Even if people don't want this they will flip it. Only cancels at this point will be card declines. Which is the reason you would have a possibility of getting a conversion. It's blowing up on eBay.

It went to wait list on the 11th so I'd say your chances are pretty good as the option to order it via the wait list was open for a while. It only went up for preorder on the 10th after all. :)

The wait list for sideshow is so random though. Conspiracy theorists think conversions are based on how much you buy from them and not when a person goes on the wait list though. Others think it is geography of where they are shipping other orders to.

From that, time in line for when a person gets on the wait list unfortunately has little to do with conversions.

The wait list for sideshow is so random though. Conspiracy theorists think conversions are based on how much you buy from them and not when a person goes on the wait list though. Others think it is geography of where they are shipping other orders to.

From that, time in line for when a person gets on the wait list unfortunately has little to do with conversions.

I haven't bought much directly from Sideshow I don't think (Star Wars wise I've bought 4 figures & 2 premium formats, apart from that just the mark 2 Iron Man figure), the Midas Iron Man figure converted ok for me last year & I live in the UK too. :)

I have no idea how they work out the conversions though, I honestly thought it was first come, first served rather than pot luck. :dunno

That's not a conspiracy theory, a sideshow rep said the waitlist is not a strict system of first up first in, but that order history is a factor in that those customers who order more stuff from them are given a priority bump.

Sorry to spoil the tinfoil hat fun :)

On another note, considering the crazy ebay prices this armor is already pulling, I wonder if maybe I can use my Hot Rod to finally get a Mark VI...

Sorry to spoil the tinfoil hat fun :)

On another note, considering the crazy ebay prices this armor is already pulling, I wonder if maybe I can use my Hot Rod to finally get a Mark VI...

Or you could wait a little longer & see if Hot Toys makes a diecast version, that way you could either get the updated figure or at least buy the original for a lower price (just something to think about). :)

That's not a conspiracy theory, a sideshow rep said the waitlist is not a strict system of first up first in, but that order history is a factor in that those customers who order more stuff from them are given a priority bump.

I kinda agree. In the past two years I've accumalted over $700 in rewards points...and my wait lists always convert ! Perfect example. My wl reservation fo the Batman pf ex converted and shipped within two weeks and that was during ss shipping the first batch. People who preordered day one hadn't even got it yet

not worth it I think

I want them all if I can get them, this one for example is already selling for more on eBay..., the cheapest one being £318.00 (406.00 euro), so I'd rather buy direct than scalpers prices (made the mistake of pondering with Python).

Christmas Eve arrivals :yess:

image.jpg

never heard this before. Was it Alex?

I spend thousands of dollars every year (heck just my optimus is over $2k) but I completely disagree with favouring anyone for conversions. It should be first come first converted : )

Back