Hot Toys – MMS272D08 – Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Hot Rod (Mark XXII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im surprised they didnt wait until the 12 Days of christmas to announce this. But then again, thats a sideshow thing and not a hot toys things necessarily. Either way, I'm passing this for my collection. Just not visually pleasing. Hope those buy buy enjoy though!

PASS - Next item please! :gah:

to you and all the other whiny children...

Han solo
Chewbacka
Storm troopers
Darth Vader
Ben Kenobi
Black hole Stormtrooper
Marty Mcfly
Robo Cop
ALEX freakin MURPHY
Briareos
Ichabod Crane
John Matrix
Jim Gordon
John Blake
DOFP Wolverine

Im surprised they didnt wait until the 12 Days of christmas to announce this. But then again, thats a sideshow thing and not a hot toys things necessarily. Either way, I'm passing this for my collection. Just not visually pleasing. Hope those buy buy enjoy though!

yeah I hear Christmas is a big thing in China... :lol

I know its a Tony suit but why would he remove the shoulder cannon?

Is this going to be Diecast?

Edit: I should have read the OP...it is Diecast

Personally I find all of these exclusives irritating, I'd much prefer to be able to buy the figures I want from a UK retailer than have to deal with Sideshow & their ever increasing shipping fees & then the joys of FedEX with their handling fees in order to collect the import fees my government want for buying something from America..., retailers are simpler & it also works out cheaper than buying direct too. Looks like I'll have to pass on this one, it's a shame but I'm just fed of with all of the excessive fees added in order to buy 1 figure..., ok, rant over. lol ;) It looks a pretty cool figure & it's nice to see it got the diecast treatment, only reason that happened though is because it's a repaint BUT if I were to get this, I'd not be complaining as I like the design & look of it.

They didn't even sculpt a new chest plate, it still has the Iron Patriot star on it.

It's supposed to be there. It's a bit hard to see, but it's there. grlVFj0.jpg

Last edited:
This will replace Midas on the lower left shelf and complete our War Machine Cabinet :)

*sigh* hot toys drops the ball again. You can see how lazy they are with this release due to the fact that they can't even finish the flame / red paint job. With garbage like this and Rehashing other figures like the bank robber, ancient predator and many other supposed exclusives it's easy as a collector to pass on 75% of the crap they have been pushing out. Still no prometheus Shaw, David, or Engineer. Still no X-men wheels aka xavier or magneto..... Just repainted garbage like this or rehash after rehash of the same crap...... Thank God they decided to make something original like Mcfly and the guardians or I would honestly be up a creek without a paddle.

Back