Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Hunter, I decaled up my Marty when I got it. I'm pretty used to these things and thought it worth mentioning to you that your slide decals have zero adhesive quality on their own? It was pretty tricky, I had to set them on top of a layer of varnish to get them to stay on. Then several layers of matte varnish to secure them. Just thought I'd share my experience with them. :duff

That pose looks awesome. I've almost bought this guy twice this week because of these great pics :)clap) - I love BTTF but I keep thinking "it's just a dude in a denim jacket with an old video camera..." then "but it's MARTY!" I really hope Doc Brown is released because Marty does sort of need that big zanyness to say "BTTF!" That or a Delorean and that's huge bucks and huge space on the shelf. This is a tough one.:lol

If you guys are using hunters decals you need to get MICROSET and MICROSOL....it was mentioned on here from someone before...I used it with hunter's decals and it turned out great. MICROSET will make the decal stick to the surface....MICROSOL will make the decal look painted on...there are youtube videos showing you how to use it...its simple. You can find both MICROSET and MICROSOL on amazon....if anyone is a prime member free 2 day shipping....ONE THING I WILL MENTION....the camera decals need to be cut to exact size or there will be a white outline surrounding the logos...its not like model kit decals where they are "pre-cut".

If you guys are using hunters decals you need to get MICROSET and MICROSOL....it was mentioned on here from someone before...I used it with hunter's decals and it turned out great. MICROSET will make the decal stick to the surface....MICROSOL will make the decal look painted on...there are youtube videos showing you how to use it...its simple. You can find both MICROSET and MICROSOL on amazon....if anyone is a prime member free 2 day shipping....ONE THING I WILL MENTION....the camera decals need to be cut to exact size or there will be a white outline surrounding the logos...its not like model kit decals where they are "pre-cut".
Or use matte acrylic varnish. it's water soluble and the sneakers are completely matte already.
I have microsol and it didn't help at all on this for some reason. :dunno

Just received the exclusive Marty. I was wondering what others r using to replace those missing black buttons on the vest. The one i have is missing 3.
Overall, this is one nice figure.

Back to the Future > Star Wars

Hopefully that will simplify your decision, Talibane!

Well I have 50+ SW figs, 10+ Indy, 2 GB but NO BTTF yet. Hmm... I have lots of reward points and the SSC Marty page bookmarked. It's a dude in a denim a jacket, but it's the warm and fuzzies that count.:lol

I do think a Eric Stoltz swap-out head and jacket would have been cool.:horror

Well I have 50+ SW figs, 10+ Indy, 2 GB but NO BTTF yet. Hmm... I have lots of reward points and the SSC Marty page bookmarked. It's a dude in a denim a jacket, but it's the warm and fuzzies that count.:lol

I do think a Eric Stoltz swap-out head and jacket would have been cool.:horror

Do it, you won't regret it! :duff

Actually, how did you find the info for the skateboard? Stills from the movie? I've been meaning to work on those too.

I just googled "marty mcfly valterra skateboard" and got a couple of nice reference photos (of fan owned skateboards. probably difficult to find good stills of it from the movie).

Hey Hunter, I decaled up my Marty when I got it. I'm pretty used to these things and thought it worth mentioning to you that your slide decals have zero adhesive quality on their own? It was pretty tricky, I had to set them on top of a layer of varnish to get them to stay on. Then several layers of matte varnish to secure them. Just thought I'd share my experience with them. :duff

That's odd, they should be able to stay on by themselves. My Star Lord ones are currently sitting on the walkman with nothing else done to them. May be the materials of the shoes and camera. :dunno

I just googled "marty mcfly valterra skateboard" and got a couple of nice reference photos (of fan owned skateboards. probably difficult to find good stills of it from the movie).

Do you have a picture of the base HT board? Just so I can figure out what it does and doesn't have on it.

Do you have a picture of the base HT board? Just so I can figure out what it does and doesn't have on it.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Back