Hot Toys – MMS178 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Black Widow Limited Edition Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta say, from the moment they showed that whole-team teaser after the Nick Fury reveal I've been excited about this line and I can't believe how well it's turned out so far. Only one dud in the line and that was remedied quickly. This is how HT should approach their licenses.

Long may it continue. I want at least 3 more figures from this line after they've done Hulk.

Long may it continue. I want at least 3 more figures from this line after they've done Hulk.

I don't care much about the others, and for the sake of my economy, I'd prefer if they didn't release more figures from this line, but at the same time... I kinda NEED a Phil Coulson.

A Chitauri and Coulsen would top off this line. But if they're going to sell a human figure, I'd also want a Bruce Banner.

Coulson would be no different to a Black Widow figure.

Side arm and Destroyer gun.

I'd love to have a Maria Hill figure though just so I have a 1/6 Cobie Smulders/Robin

I'll be honest when I first saw this a couple of days ago I was blown away by her, the likeness is crazy good imo. Definite purchase without a doubt :)

I got the IM2 version of the Black Widow and i think i am fine with that, all because the first time i laid my hands on that one, my wife teases me of playing barbie doll of my daughter and i cant afford to be in the same situation again....

I got the IM2 version of the Black Widow and i think i am fine with that, all because the first time i laid my hands on that one, my wife teases me of playing barbie doll of my daughter and i cant afford to be in the same situation again....

I use my daughter as an excuse. I can live with it. :doh

I'm really surprised it seems like a good number of people will miss out on this otherwise gorgeous figure just because of the fear of the looks/teases/insinuations of it having rooted hair

I'll be the first to admit I'd prefer sculpted hair for look/maintenance purposes -- but the fear of it being likened to a Barbie by morons because it has rooted hair shouldn't be the sole reason that stops anyone from getting it. I mean, at the end of the day these are all 12" toys with removable cloth & pleather clothing

I'm really surprised it seems like a good number of people will miss out on this otherwise gorgeous figure just because of the fear of the looks/teases/insinuations of it having rooted hair

I personally don't care, but I do understand those who prefer the sculpted treatment because of how it will look in a collection of sculpted-hair figures. I also get those who are concerned that rooted hair won't be as accurate as sculpted hair. I don't think there are too many collectors who will avoid picking this up solely because it challenges their manhood though.

Back