Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is going to sound absolutely ridiculous but I didn't even know this character's name when I saw this piece. I just knew that I had always associated that face with the Marvel Universe. Like whenever someone said the phrase "marvel universe" or mentioned marvel v. capcom I had always thought of this guy.

Long story short I just put in a PO today. Split it into 8 payments so I'll get it middle of next year. But I think this guy is entirely too good to pass up.

This is why I'm getting two. One display with Silver Surfer and one with Nova (Frankie Raye).

Dont want to feel inadequate anymore! Just ordered a second! :yess:

Ya...well I just ordered 4!

lol....I kid one is enough. Thinking I might get these open editions signed by Stan lee from now on. Should fix the "limited edition" factor I can't stand. Not to mention securing value.

Chris

Maybe you guys aren't catching my drift here.

The number of people who buy this statue who will also go out of their way to get it signed by Lee will be VERY low. Sure Stan signs a lot of autographs, all celebs have probably signed thousands of things in their lifetime. However WHAT they sign and how rare that item is to have signed will have varying levels of value.

If Stan put his signature on this Galactus statue and also on a marvel lunch box....which do you think would be rarer, more in demand and command a higher price tag?

When Stan signed my Legacy Hulk maquette he told me it was the first one he's ever signed. How many Hulk maquettes do you suppose SS has sold since it release?

All I'm saying is having them signed makes these pieces very rare because they become 1 of ___ instead of just another statue off the shelf with an open edition.

If SS made a deal with Lee to have 100 Galactus maquettes signed alongside their normal open edition pieces, which do you think would be more in demand? Which do you think SS would charge more for?

It's irrelevant that Stan has signed thousands of other things in his lifetime.

Chris

Back