Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not exactly an impulse-buy sort of figure. They're leaving the edition open for now to give people time to mull such a big purchase over. And this is a smart move.

I despise "flipping." I absolutely despise it. And Galactus and Doom being OE is foiling those who want to dart in and snatch up all of a small edition, just so they can try to sell them later on eBay for $5000 each, or whatever. This means that many true fans of the character are left out in the cold.

I am 100% fine with Sideshow [and anyone else] who sabotages the plans of people whose only interest in cool collectibles is to try to make a buck off of fellow hobbyists. I know those won't be popular sentiments, but then flipping isn't popular with me - so we're even.

I am going to guess they have sold closer to 100. You may be correct assuming that whatever leftovers there are is what's left from that one run.

When you see them offer free shipping that may be a clue. :lol

If SSC said today IM LSF was sold out and was closed for orders you have collector going nuts that they didn't order it.

That is if it wasn't for the flakey paint and hollow cast i heard it suffered from.

This is not exactly an impulse-buy sort of figure. They're leaving the edition open for now to give people time to mull such a big purchase over. And this is a smart move.

I despise "flipping." I absolutely despise it. And Galactus and Doom being OE is foiling those who want to dart in and snatch up all of a small edition, just so they can try to sell them later on eBay for $5000 each, or whatever. This means that many true fans of the character are left out in the cold.

I am 100% fine with Sideshow [and anyone else] who sabotages the plans of people whose only interest in cool collectibles is to try to make a buck off of fellow hobbyists. I know those won't be popular sentiments, but then flipping isn't popular with me - so we're even.

I believe $800 (not $2K) is not too much for many of us here who collect Sideshow statues. It's reasonable price for a statue this big with tons of detail. If you are true fans of this character and you like the statue you don't wait too long to order this, so closed ES should not be a problem for true fans.

Now I understand if this is a closed ES and new collectors 2 years from now if they want it, they would have to pay a market price. But that should be the way it is, that's what collecting is all about. High end collectible should appreciate in value NOT depreciate.

I was new collector too at one point, and I paid market value on eBay for statues of characters that I like. I don't mind spending more money for TRUE COLLECTIBLE ITEMS that I admire. NOBODY forced me to buy them from flippers on eBay and BTW some of them I bought them at market value from collectors like us and I did not hate them for selling me those statues with a marked up price, they deserved every penny they got from their sales.

If new collectors missed out a statue from the character they like and do not want to pay the market price, then just wait for another one.
For example: If you missed Hulk PF and don't want to pay high market value, maybe you should not buy it, maybe you should just wait for Hulk Maquette. This is what "collecting" should be. There should be a rare or limited element in this hobby.

If people can buy statues ANYTIME they like and ALWAYS lose money when they have to sell due to whatever reasons what is so high end collectibles about them? (hint: when you sell something it does mean your main purpose is to get a profit, please think before respond).

If that happens Sideshow should drop the word collectibles from their name because their items are not truly collectibles.

And one more why people who love open ES when they sell statues they sell them at market price. Why? Since they don't care about making profit, shouldn't they sell their doom pf or hulk pf or cap pf at retail price? Until today I still have not find even ONE collector who are willing to sell those statues at retail price.

edition size aside, if you live outside of the US, it will generally be a lot cheaper to pre-order and get it locally.

I think people get caught in the hype. There is some pretty cool stuff being shown at SDCC. I think we all would like to feel like we are here as this is taking place and in time to secure a precious limited item. The problem is that Sideshow is a different company than it was when all those pieces (Doom PF, Hulk PF, etc.) were released.

Sideshow used the secondary market to create awareness and hype for their product. Now they are in their next phase. The phase where they are so big that they can dictate how they run the hobby based on quality and not collectibility/aftermarket speculation. Why give the money to ebayers when they are the monopoly, right?

The sooner people understand this new Sideshow the sooner people will know how to collect new Sideshow items. Yeah, every once in while there will be an Optimus Prime or some other small run item but that is the exception rather than the rule nowadays. There was a shift somewhere around 2009 or 2010 in their philosophy along with erratic QC.

edition size aside, if you live outside of the US, it will generally be a lot cheaper to pre-order and get it locally.

:goodpost: Yep, that's very true.

I think people get caught in the hype. There is some pretty cool stuff being shown at SDCC. I think we all would like to feel like we are here as this is taking place and in time to secure a precious limited item. The problem is that Sideshow is a different company than it was when all those pieces (Doom PF, Hulk PF, etc.) were released.

Sideshow used the secondary market to create awareness and hype for their product. Now they are in their next phase. The phase where they are so big that they can dictate how they run the hobby based on quality and not collectibility/aftermarket speculation. Why give the money to ebayers when they are the monopoly, right?

The sooner people understand this new Sideshow the sooner people will know how to collect new Sideshow items. Yeah, every once in while there will be an Optimus Prime or some other small run item but that is the exception rather than the rule nowadays. There was a shift somewhere around 2009 or 2010 in their philosophy along with erratic QC.

You no longer see the quality of Hulk or Doom PF in every piece anymore. They decided to expand and make stuff cheaper compromising on quality. A larger run also means more room for error and it's harder for the QC department to check 1250 exclusive statues versus 100-500. The replacements switcheroo doesn't help either.

:goodpost: Yep, that's very true.

You no longer see the quality of Hulk or Doom PF in every piece anymore. They decided to expand and make stuff cheaper compromising on quality. A larger run also means more room for error and it's harder for the QC department to check 1250 exclusive statues versus 100-500. The replacements switcheroo doesn't help either.

:exactly: good point bro.

:exactly: :goodpost:

I believe $800 (not $2K) is not too much for many of us here who collect Sideshow statues. It's reasonable price for a statue this big with tons of detail. If you are true fans of this character and you like the statue you don't wait too long to order this, so closed ES should not be a problem for true fans.

Now I understand if this is a closed ES and new collectors 2 years from now if they want it, they would have to pay a market price. But that should be the way it is, that's what collecting is all about. High end collectible should appreciate in value NOT depreciate.

I was new collector too at one point, and I paid market value on eBay for statues of characters that I like. I don't mind spending more money for TRUE COLLECTIBLE ITEMS that I admire. NOBODY forced me to buy them from flippers on eBay and BTW some of them I bought them at market value from collectors like us and I did not hate them for selling me those statues with a marked up price, they deserved every penny they got from their sales.

If new collectors missed out a statue from the character they like and do not want to pay the market price, then just wait for another one.
For example: If you missed Hulk PF and don't want to pay high market value, maybe you should not buy it, maybe you should just wait for Hulk Maquette. This is what "collecting" should be. There should be a rare or limited element in this hobby.

If people can buy statues ANYTIME they like and ALWAYS lose money when they have to sell due to whatever reasons what is so high end collectibles about them? (hint: when you sell something it does mean your main purpose is to get a profit, please think before respond).

If that happens Sideshow should drop the word collectibles from their name because their items are not truly collectibles.

And one more why people who love open ES when they sell statues they sell them at market price. Why? Since they don't care about making profit, shouldn't they sell their doom pf or hulk pf or cap pf at retail price? Until today I still have not find even ONE collector who are willing to sell those statues at retail price.

All that said, I hope this Galactus comes out with no paint problems. That shiny effect leaves room for paint errors. It really is a nice looking piece and at a nice size.

Hey I'm from Toronto aswell the only local place I know of that may carry this is silver snail. Do you know any other locations?

hey try www.statuemarvels.com I ordered the Rulk from them and they seemed pretty good and got free shipping as well.

lmk how it works out as i may get him from them as well, or just wait for awhile to get him cheap on the bay.:dunno

8465541_orig.jpg

:goodpost::exactly::clap:clap:clap wow this a very good posting!

Back