Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would like to confirm if the specks of black paint are part of the design or paint issue that would warrant a replacement?

It's not a defect. It's generally taken to represent 'cosmic weathering'. Some pieces have more, some less- that's just the nature of something painted individually by hand.

Though I suppose if it bothers you enough you could always contact them and see about a replacement- but it might be a crapshoot if the new one will be better or worse overall.
TBH, those are some of the larger spots I've seen on this.

Just waitin for their reply, but i guess they will just give the usual "individually hand-painted" answer.

Im wondering if there is a way of covering or removing the larger spots.

Dang Comiczone, I had to open this thread on my phone as I couldnt see the pics at work...ouch! There is no excuse for that going out like that.

Just waitin for their reply, but i guess they will just give the usual "individually hand-painted" answer.

Im wondering if there is a way of covering or removing the larger spots.

For this kind of QC you will get a replacement or refund. If anything bad it will be we don't have replacements but at least you will get the money back for sure. That's what I hate about trying to complete a collection. They sometimes offer refunds or keep the damage statue only. I don't want the money if I'm a collector. I need the statue to finish my collection. So glad I cut way back to avoid so much headaches. I guess I was also a lucky one who got a good one. Shocking I know, but thanks SS for giving me a good one.

For this kind of QC you will get a replacement
I wouldn't be so sure. They will put it down to 'individual hand painting discrepancies' in my opinion.
I guess I was also a lucky one who got a good one. Shocking I know, but thanks SS for giving me a good one.
This isn't about you (for a change). Saying yours is good doesn't help.

Good luck with contacting SS, but I have a feeling they will just say it is individual painting and not defect...:dunno

Now that's just nitpicking. The specks are meant to be there Noc:nono

Actually i did not notice them until somebody pointed it out and asked if its part of the design.

Im not sure if the close-up pics just made it more prominent and look worse. I don't have other close-ups pics to compare that is why Im not sure if its that bad.

Oh well...

What if the reason for the specks on some pieces is from one painter that sneezed during his work?

Then we would know each statue he worked on lol

:naughty

Chris

my review :

DSC_0485.jpg

DSC_0487.jpg

DSC_0488.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0491.jpg

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0494.jpg