Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, those of you who have the issue with the bendy silver surfer surfboard I have fixed mine quite easily.

All you need to do is apply heat to the tip for abt 15 seconds on a high heat and then literally bend the tip forward for abt 20 seconds. Repeat this procedure abt 5 times and the results should look like mine did...

As you can see, my board was actually quite bad until I fixed it. Now it's as straight as its gonna get...much more acceptable I think.

Here is a before and after pic

utyhaby4.jpg

Guys, those of you who have the issue with the bendy silver surfer surfboard I have fixed mine quite easily.

All you need to do is apply heat to the tip for abt 15 seconds on a high heat and then literally bend the tip forward for abt 20 seconds. Repeat this procedure abt 5 times and the results should look like mine did...

As you can see, my board was actually quite bad until I fixed it. Now it's as straight as its gonna get...much more acceptable I think.

utyhaby4.jpg

Very well done sir

utyhaby4.jpg

:clap looks much better now. What did u use to apply heat with? Hair dryer?

This is an amazing piece. A lot of my friends bought it and love it.. I am still on the fence only because I dont have room,. But from what Ive seen highly recommended and congrats to everyone who owns this piece

Nice job! The bend in mine isn't nearly as extreme as yours was so I'll probably just leave it. in fact, I don't really mind it as the upward bend calls to my mind the squash & stretch principle in animation- exaggerating the sense of future movement just a little bit more.

What I'd like to do sometime today is extend and modify the tapering of the trail end with some Aves, and then repaint the whole trail (maybe sprinkle some glitter on for stardust as the paint is drying?). In Lieu of chroming the figure, I'm thinking about mixing some pearlescant paint, and/or getting some high gloss finish.

So Roberto (or anyone else who has it)- how do you think this compares to the Wolverine LSF?
While on the one hand, this piece has whetted my appetite for larger figures, I having a harder time now reconciling the 2.5 times cost of that over this.

Managed to customise another planet earth but slightly smaller so that its fits perfect in the palm of Galactus...here are some comparison shots...

a2y5apa6.jpg

aqabuhy7.jpg

tu2eju4y.jpg

Probably going to create a few more different planets to give a varied option and may take Chris's idea (Atheris) of some how having the planets circled around Galactus but suspended on an invisible line hung from above the statue...

ema9azy8.jpg

upy9uhu6.jpg

So Roberto (or anyone else who has it)- how do you think this compares to the Wolverine LSF?
While on the one hand, this piece has whetted my appetite for larger figures, I having a harder time now reconciling the 2.5 times cost of that over this.

It's no way as big as my current LSFs but its definately up there with them in terms of statues with presence! Totally worth the money IMO! :rock

Does the lcs still order this for a discount or is it too late? I didn't waant it back then but now if the lcs offer the discount would it be cheaper than ordering from ss? Ss gives us the bonus points. The lcs I believe do charge us for shipping correct?

Back