HOLMES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers mate. We are currently in talks with a few manufacture companies. If we manage to get a great manufacture, this will drive the cost right down. As it stands at the moment we would love to be able to drive it down, this would mean more people would be able to get hold of this piece, and even create there own customs of it :)

sounds awesome!. It will drive the price down no doubt, my aunt has a plastic injection factory in china and to get something done is relatively easy and cheap, no wonder everything is made in china right ?. Anyways, she doesn't specialize in toys, other wise I'd have taken advantage of that. :(

I talked to another manufacturer some months ago inquiring about costs to make 400 pcs of vinyl figures in the 8" scale and it was quite affordable.

Who knows ? we might see a "Greggo Toys" competing with Hot Toys in the future, Good luck mate!

Hi to all

It’s been a while since my last post regarding the Holmes figure. It’s been an ultra busy time with numerous customs and repaints that I've received from forum members.

We have not forgotten about this project, rather more we have been evaluating it. We need to be sure that it is viable before proceeding further.

The trickiest and most expensive part of the process is making the costume itself. The shirt in particular is fiddly and very time consuming.

We started tailoring this ourselves and its just not working with the price we set. So as you know we looked into vendors and the MOQs are just to high, and not to mention expensive. So we hit a very big wall :(

However we have been in talks with what we think is the best tailor on this forum Kato. His work is mind blowing and he's agreed to look at this for us.

As such for us to proceed with the current plan, we would have to increase the costs substantially.

The plan is offer a very limited run of this figure complete with the following specs:

Authentic Holmes Portrait Head
HT Body TTM14
Shirt Tailored by Kato
Pattern Vest Tailored by Kato
Pants Tailored by Kato
Long Coat Tailored by Kato
Belt/Pouch
Pistol (Resin)
Shoes (Resin)
Electric Rod (Resin)
Pipe (Resin)
Hat (Resin)
Sunglasses (Resin)
Violin (Resin) Exclusive to Full Figure Set
Numerous Paper accessories
Full Colour Window Display Box

Each figure will be numbered and will come with a certificate of authenticity. Signed by the artist involved

All fully painted by Greggo. If you have a special request to have the figure weathered, sweaty or bloodied up, this not a problem and there is no additional charge.

The price for the completed doll will be $800 plus shipping extra.

If you are interested could you kindly PM or reply and I will add you to the list.

Thanks for looking

Greggo

1. mystolle

Last edited:
HOW MUCH???? :ohbfrank:

I know! We have tried our hardest to drive the cost down, but its been a nightmare. This at the moment is the only opinion we have, and if this don't work, then we will have to call it a day on this project, which we really dont want to do.

This is going to be a work of art by the time its finished I just know it. But Im really sorry about it, If I could drive the costs down I would mate.

How about the coat? You hvn't mentioned it...:panic:

Hi to all

It’s been a while since my last post regarding the Holmes figure. It’s been an ultra busy time with numerous customs and repaints that I've received from forum members.

We have not forgotten about this project, rather more we have been evaluating it. We need to be sure that it is viable before proceeding further.

The trickiest and most expensive part of the process is making the costume itself. The shirt in particular is fiddly and very time consuming.

We started tailoring this ourselves and its just not working with the price we set. So as you know we looked into vendors and the MOQs are just to high, and not to mention expensive. So we hit a very big wall :(

However we have been in talks with what we think is the best tailor on this forum Kato. His work is mind blowing and he's agreed to look at this for us.

As such for us to proceed with the current plan, we would have to increase the costs substantially.

The plan is offer a very limited run of this figure complete with the following specs:

Authentic Holmes Portrait Head
HT Body TTM14
Shirt Tailored by Kato
Pattern Vest Tailored by Kato
Pants Tailored by Kato
Belt/Pouch
Pistol (Resin)
Shoes (Resin)
Electric Rod (Resin)
Pipe (Resin)
Hat (Resin)
Sunglasses (Resin)
Violin (Resin) Exclusive to Full Figure Set
Numerous Paper accessories
Full Colour Window Display Box

Each figure will be numbered and will come with a certificate of authenticity. Signed by the artist involved

All fully painted by Greggo. If you have a special request to have the figure weathered, sweaty or bloodied up, this not a problem and there is no additional charge.

The price for the completed doll will be $800 plus shipping extra.

If you are interested could you kindly PM or reply and I will add you to the list.

Thanks for looking

Greggo

1. mystolle

Well, that price cuts me out. Sorry Greggo. But it would be worth it! Custom works of this quality often get priced well below what they are worth. This is a work of art and deserves to be priced at it's true work and effort value. Hope you sell plenty. I wish I could get one.
But still, rock on and keep the great customs coming! He looks fantastic.

Well, that price cuts me out. Sorry Greggo. But it would be worth it! Custom works of this quality often get priced well below what they are worth. This is a work of art and deserves to be priced at it's true work and effort value. Hope you sell plenty. I wish I could get one.
But still, rock on and keep the great customs coming! He looks fantastic.

:goodpost: Cheers mate that really does mean a lot. Sorry if the price has pushed you out. I wish I could do something about it. :mad:

What we will be looking to do is the following.

We will be overing a deposit first. Then the rest of the payment for the figure can also be split to make it easier for people to buy one.
Once the payment is fully received the item will then be shipped.

Saves everyone shelling out all the money at once.

Great idea to get the funds in installments Greggo...Would make it easier to pay over time (like SS's Flex-Pay program) and hopefully avoid the nasty bite that some have suffered by taking up-front payments on the boards.

I'm sure the figure is going to be AMAZING Greggo, especially with the Topnotch quality in progress (and getting Kato in on the tailoring is a huge coup!)

Just wondering if you've given any thought to either scaling back some of the accessories/packaging (most of us would never display him in a window box anyways) to save costs? I know NANJIN was able to deliver those stellar TOS Star Trek figures for around $150 each...maybe he can recommend how to go about keeping some of the costs down.

I think if you could get Holmes down to about $300+ you'd probably have a lot of Freaks in line!

Just my .02¢

Awesome work and can't wait to see how he (and Watson) shape up)...

:rock

Great idea to get the funds in installments Greggo...Would make it easier to pay over time (like SS's Flex-Pay program) and hopefully avoid the nasty bite that some have suffered by taking up-front payments on the boards.

I'm sure the figure is going to be AMAZING Greggo, especially with the Topnotch quality in progress (and getting Kato in on the tailoring is a huge coup!)

Just wondering if you've given any thought to either scaling back some of the accessories/packaging (most of us would never display him in a window box anyways) to save costs? I know NANJIN was able to deliver those stellar TOS Star Trek figures for around $150 each...maybe he can recommend how to go about keeping some of the costs down.

I think if you could get Holmes down to about $300+ you'd probably have a lot of Freaks in line!

Just my .02¢

Awesome work and can't wait to see how he (and Watson) shape up)...

:rock

Yeah we are still looking into Box and accessories in order to cut down the price. Ninjin was very helpful and gave me the contact details of the company that done the Star Trek stuff. However it didnt work out but hopefully we will try again and see what we can do.

But thank you for you input mate you have been a real help, fingers crossed we can drive this cost down still.

Yeah we are still looking into Box and accessories in order to cut down the price. Ninjin was very helpful and gave me the contact details of the company that done the Star Trek stuff. However it didnt work out but hopefully we will try again and see what we can do.

But thank you for you input mate you have been a real help, fingers crossed we can drive this cost down still.

Awesome Greggo! Hope everything works out. I'm still VERY interested in one of these guys (and Watson too of course!). I'll keep watching the thread for info. keep up the great work man! :duff

Hey Greggo, have you thought about just offering an unpainted head sculpt, outfit and accessory pack separately? Or maybe a head sculpt and outfit set? Some different possibilities there that may mean more sales. Just a thought.

Hey Greggo, have you thought about just offering an unpainted head sculpt, outfit and accessory pack separately? Or maybe a head sculpt and outfit set? Some different possibilities there that may mean more sales. Just a thought.

All thoughts are welcome. The only problem with offering as a set is the price, For example the cost of just the tailoring is over half the price of the total amount. Then there is the cost of the resin and the time it takes to clean these up.

We are thinking about offering the heads and accessories separately also. However these will be slightly different to the head that will come with the full figure.

The full figure head will be able to put the hat on and off with a plug in hair piece. To get a full use out of the figure.

The Heads that we will sell separately will not have this feature. We are thinking about offering 2 heads, 1 with the hat already on. and the other without the hat.

Hopefully by selling these heads separately we maybe able to take up some of the cost of the finished figure.

These are some of things we are looking at, at the moment. I will keep everyone in check about the process, but I would like to say thank you to everyone, you have all been so understanding about the problems we are having and your support is fantastic it really is :1-1:

Back