Hi Everyone, new collector intro and advice :-D

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niceguyuk

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey everyone, im a new sideshow collector from the uk 34 yrs old.

I got my first Couple of sideshow collectibles a couple of months back, it nearly turned into a nightmare as the stuff was from mothersbasement.co.uk they arrived 2 days before they closed down, i think i was quite lucky!!! :-D I got the darth vader mythos and the darth malgus 1/6 scale. They have got me addicted and Ive pre-ordered a couple more from sideshow the Apocalypse Premium Format and Gladiator Hulk Hulk Premium Format cant wait!!!

Im not sure if i ask a question here but i couldn't find a specific forum for asking for a bit of advice about display cases. Ive been looking at the master class cases for my new Hulk and Apocalypse but i cant find any anywhere which will fit these two pieces as there quite big, anyone have any advice where i can find some cases for these big figures with lights in, if there is any this big?

Thanks in advance, apologies if ive posted this in the wrong section

Eugenio

:welcome to the Freak Show

The more British members the better.

Glad you avoided the MB sting.
Do you have a link to the cases you're looking at?
Chances are they will not be big enough for your items so you would need to look into custom made Acrylic, Perspex or Glass cases. They don't come cheap.
Have you looked in Ikea, the collectors friend, for affordable solutions? I can recommend the Besta.

Hope you are aware of the Fed-Ex bill you will be receiving as a result of ordering direct from Sideshow?
Gladiator Hulk would of been better bought locally because there's no exclusive on him, but you will get him sooner direct.

Feel free to dropeme a message if you need any help/advice.

Welcome to the thread.

As stated by Collectorcol, IKEA is fantastic when it comes to display cabinets. I also found that by looking through the "Show your shelves" area, you'll see a vast array of displays. If one strikes your fancy, ask the member about it. Most here are happy to share advice and point you in the right direction. Best of luck to you and congrats on your new pieces.

Hey, Collectorcol thanks for the replay man.

I ordered from sideshow so i could pay monthly tbh as i dont ever have that kinda of money in one go to hand and i didnt really want to risk ordering from the uk by paying monthly after what happened with Mb, unless you could recommend some for future purchases? Ive been looking at cduk which seem pretty legit and there pay plans. Im assuming im gonna get hit with around £100-120 custom charges when they arrive for each piece, hopefully a little lower as not too sure how it all works as never ordered from usa before.

Heres a link from cduk with the cases ive been looking at but there just not big enough for the new figures ive ordered was wondering if anyone else makes any bigger?

https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.u...ith-lighting-for-14-action-figures-white.html

I did look at getting some made by a company but when i put the dimensions in for the size the price was getting pretty ridiculous, nearly as much as a figure!
I have been looking at the bestas from ikea you mentioned they look pretty good and seen alot of youtubers using them, are they strong enough to hold such a big figure as the gladiator hulk etc? I do have an Ikea less than 5 mins from me, so kinda lucky there :-D

Thanks in advance

Hey, thanks for the reply and welcome slynger, ill take a look at that thread, seems ikea sounds the best atm :-D

Thanks

Lee at CDUK is a great guy & retailer. If you need to ask anything check out his thread on here...
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-is-taking-pre-order-at-Collectiblesdirect-UK

He does Layaway plans. Remember buying locally means you will get your item about two months after U.S release.

Custom cases can be pretty expensive so well worth a look around Ikea.
You're never going to get G Hulk in a Besta but most of the smaller PFs will fit in and you could always put him on top.
Detolfs are cool, and very cheap, for smaller items.

Take your Sideshow purchase price plus postage, convert to pounds then add 20% and another £10-15.
20% V.A.T, £10-15 handling fee.

Back