Help with Anakin!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, just got my Anakin... wonders of living half a world away... Anyway, this thread seems like the best place to ask for some pointers. :rolleyes:

Darklord Dave said:
Luke is shorter than Anakin but they use the same arms. So the normal sized arms are normal looking on the normal sized Anakin as opposed to being a tad long on the shorter Luke body.

Was Luke intentionally shorter? I just compared him to other SS figures like Mulder and he is indeed shorter... Was Mark Hamil consider 'short'?

Still toying with Anakin but he seems to be a great figure, other than the 'lipstick' issue... :eek:

I haven't been able to put on the robe quite the way it should look in the movies... yeah, read in the 'making of...' books there were lots of robe issues too during filming... Any suggestions with the robe?

BTW, Rebelscum archive had some great photos of this Anakin. Does anyone know how were the boots removed?

Thanks.

fishyahoo said:
Was Luke intentionally shorter? I just compared him to other SS figures like Mulder and he is indeed shorter... Was Mark Hamil consider 'short'?

Yes Hamill is a short man. 5'8 I think is his height.

fishyahoo said:
Any suggestions with the robe?

Supposedly there is a thing called "the fabled water treatment" which purports to help drape clothes in a more life-like fashion.

fishyahoo said:
Does anyone know how were the boots removed?

Blow dryer or hot water help take the boots off. :D

pixletwin said:
Supposedly there is a thing called "the fabled water treatment" which purports to help drape clothes in a more life-like fashion.

Thanks for the speedy response.

Ah, I have previously thought of 'washing' some 1/6 scale clothing to hopefully improve the effect but didn't get around to asking. Not sure if I'll try first with the robe... let's see how a Hawaiian shirt turns out. I take it the factories churning these out don't pre-wash their textiles...

Last edited:
Customikey said:
I use a spray bottle for the water treatment. It works much better than dowsing the whole figure.

I too use this same treatment and it works... That's how I got my Anakin pics to look so nice... :D

112860187RL683774498.jpg

Back