Help me....what are the must haves in the past 2 years?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanfromindiana

Super Freak
Reaction score
Soooo....I kinda took a break from this madness to move, have a baybay, and get my business off the ground. Well I am back and have picked some stuff up already, but can I get some recommendations on some must haves from the past 2 years? I'm not really limited on any one line, but I've gotten pretty particular about what I buy now due to space. You old farts prolly know what I'll like.....thanks in advance! :hi5:

Can you share with us what you collect?
I did the opposite, picked up just about everything under the sun the last few years.
So just let me know what you want and I will post the pics for you.
Oh and I also joined/started ARH Studios, so you may have missed on the new statues we offer.
So, either way.... Im here to help and share.

To me the IM collectibles from SS last year were all stellar.

My stuff is kind of all over the place...I have quite a few pf's, I have several 1:1's, 1/6 has to EXCEPTIONAL at this point, original art, prints. I have a non-exclusive original IM comiquette and that's about it for Iron Man. I'll check it out....can you pm me a link to your stuff...I'll gladly check it out.

I would suggest the Spiderman Comiquette. If I had only one statue to keep it would for sure be that one.

A lot of freaks are bonkers over the Red Skull PF. Probably more than 2 years ago though.

I'd try hunting for Morgul Lord Premium Format myself after coming off of a hiatus. That's just me though.

Last edited:
My stuff is kind of all over the place...I have quite a few pf's, I have several 1:1's, 1/6 has to EXCEPTIONAL at this point, original art, prints. I have a non-exclusive original IM comiquette and that's about it for Iron Man. I'll check it out....can you pm me a link to your stuff...I'll gladly check it out.

Well here is my own personal collection, I keep it very active so always something new...Yet sometimes too many pics so let me know if you want to find something.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48150

ARH Studios Updates thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88225
Web site, being updated in the next few months:
https://www.arhstatues.com/

Take it easy and have a good time collecting :)

what are the must haves in the past 2 years?

With this economy.. a job.

badumtsh.jpg

With this economy ....God on your side to make gas cheaper.

Beep beep boop beep boop

I only collect Sideshow's 1:6 Star Wars and GI Joe. But exceptional pretty much defines anthing from those two lines lately. To name a few of each...

IG-88
Battle Droids
Commander Bly

Dusty
Cobra Viper
Stalker

you really can't go wrong with any of the recent offereings from either line.

If you only collect "exceptional" 1:6 figures, the DX Jack Sparrow is probably the best mass-market figure available. If you're willing to pay Rainman prices, that guy will make you ____ your pants.

Literally....I ____ everytime I walk past Bill the Butcher. Completely ____ my pants.....

The Sideshow GI Joe line has really been kicking arse. Pick and choose from there as they're all A+ figures IMO. Hot Toys Iron Man figures are also great.

Thanks guys! I have both the Cap and Skull original exc. PF's if that's the one you are referring to. I like the Moore pieces, but have had bad luck getting them in one piece and would really rather go for his amazing artwork which is equally stunning in person and less fragile. :D The price is right on that though so who knows. Averone your collection is really really nice, I'll check it out more soon! I've got a Spidey and Venom 1:1 which will prolly do me on Spidey unless there's something really sweet out there I missed. That Morgul Lord is nice and my collection is lacking in the LOTR so I may go for one of those.....looks like the exc. is a must have too. :( I picked up a HT Reeves Superman and GG Babydoll. I picked up quite a bit of HT, Sideshow, and various other stuff at auction but most of that is going to resale. I honestly think I'm most disappointed I missed The Joker PF pre-order. :( It's overwhelming trying to figure out what all has come out. I appreciate the help!

Jason 3 PF is very nice if you like horror. T1 T-800 Hot Toys figure is one of their best releases yet, as is the T2 T-1000 figure, both have multiple display options. Rainman has released several great figures (the Dude being my personal favorite), but they're tough to come by. Spidey Comiquette is also really nice, assuming you get one with decent paint apps.

Jason 3 PF is very nice if you like horror. T1 T-800 Hot Toys figure is one of their best releases yet, as is the T2 T-1000 figure, both have multiple display options. Rainman has released several great figures (the Dude being my personal favorite), but they're tough to come by. Spidey Comiquette is also really nice, assuming you get one with decent paint apps.

I don't think I've seen the Rainman figures for sale so I'm not even sure what price they are at now. I just shipped the T-800 and T-1000 back home...maybe I'll keep them. :D

Don't base your "must haves" on what other people say. Buying a so called "grail" item just because it's a grail is rather silly IMO. If you like it, buy it.

Don't base your "must haves" on what other people say. Buying a so called "grail" item just because it's a grail is rather silly IMO. If you like it, buy it.

Hi Kit, nice to see ya....the point was I missed out on what came out for 2 years and it's hard to find so I asked for some recommendations. I'll buy what I like and want lol.

Back