Help For a Newbie Customizer Please???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhatrulez

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all,
Long time lurker, new poster here at the Freaks...
I've been in awe of the amazing work done by my fellow customizers here. I'd like to begin by dipping my foot into the Star Wars customizing pool with some Clone Trooper customs. Nothing too fancy, just some straight up troopers to pose behind my Jedi.
I've seen some really cool troopers bashed together, but I wouldn't for the life of me know how to begin. I think some of you fellas use the Hasbro armor, with dragon or bbi figures underneath, and some different helmets. Would anyone be willing to share with me some of your succesful recipes, so I know what to start hunting down? Any tips or tricks that you have found along the way? I'd love to get into this, and soon!!!
So, thanks for your time and glad to be here among my fellow sideshow junkies!
Louis

Welcome mrhatrules.

No bad mooning from me, just a chewie-dance

:chew

Ok now that that is taken care of.... Eh em.... I am starting to venture into customization myself. I have found some people use this place for bodies https://www.monkeydepot.com/. I am going to convert a Ultimat Jango figure from Hasbro using a g3.5 body. Not sure of anything else yet. I am just going to try it and figure it out.

Thanks for the response. I'm eyeing a Jango myself as well.

But what was the mooning for???

:confused:

That is my new member greating. I stole it from the King! LOL! You will learn my young padawon. We all have very interesting personalties around here. Um plus my name is BadMoon and it was mine to begin with!

Heh, i saw that a few days ago. It's awesom set up. I've yet to get the throne and Jabba. I'll be doing the same and hunting for some Gamoreans to add to the display as well.
Ive seen some troopers like this on ebay. Does anyone have experience bashing troopers using this armor?

https://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-12-inch-CLONETROOPER-loose_W0QQitemZ160113539062QQihZ006QQcategoryZ751QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

https://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-12-inch-SNOWTROOPER-loose_W0QQitemZ160113543281QQihZ006QQcategoryZ751QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

https://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-12-inch-SNOWTROOPER-loose_W0QQitemZ160113543281QQihZ006QQcategoryZ751QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hi mate and welcome, this how i make clones, bbi g3.5 body, choice of GG clone helmet, or my own sculpt depends on what is wanted, combination of hasbro EP3 armor, and ,casted kotobukiya armor pieces (knees/elbows,forearms,belt etc etc)heat formed shoulder pads from my own 'blank'
the EP2 clones isnt the best the shins/feet are rubber like material and not seperate pieces like the hasbro EP3 clone.All extra parts are had crafted from plasticard,leatherette (straps etc) milliput etc...
paint is multi stage, black undercoat then white top coat,so paint can be removed to depict scratches etc.

hurricane said:
hi mate and welcome, this how i make clones, bbi g3.5 body, choice of GG clone helmet, or my own sculpt depends on what is wanted, combination of hasbro EP3 armor, and ,casted kotobukiya armor pieces (knees/elbows,forearms,belt etc etc)heat formed shoulder pads from my own 'blank'
the EP2 clones isnt the best the shins/feet are rubber like material and not seperate pieces like the hasbro EP3 clone.All extra parts are had crafted from plasticard,leatherette (straps etc) milliput etc...
paint is multi stage, black undercoat then white top coat,so paint can be removed to depict scratches etc.

Wow Hurricane, thanks so much for the info! That's really helpful.
Couple of questions if ya don't mind:
Where does one aquire a GG Clone Helmet?
How do I get casted armor pieces?
Anyway, if you sell those parts, shoot me a PM, or direct me to where they can be found!
Thanks again!

hi again, ive a GG bust i made a mold off the helmet, and again made molds from a kotobukiya clone for the armor bits i do use, however they are solid pieces and require drilling out, ive tried ebay available casted clone armor but found it paper thin and poor quality, i could sort you out some bits, i do also have my own sculpted EP3 clone bucket,its a bit bigger than the GG one,i feel its more correct in size..

hurricane said:
hi again, ive a GG bust i made a mold off the helmet, and again made molds from a kotobukiya clone for the armor bits i do use, however they are solid pieces and require drilling out, ive tried ebay available casted clone armor but found it paper thin and poor quality, i could sort you out some bits, i do also have my own sculpted EP3 clone bucket,its a bit bigger than the GG one,i feel its more correct in size..

That would be fantastic. Shoot me a PM!

I can't add anything to what Hurricane says about Clones ( he IS the master!) , but I can tell you that the Snowtrooper is a great intro to Star Wars customs , ( it was the first I did ) as it is very straight forward . The only extra parts you'll need apart from the replacement body ,is a pair of suitable hands/gauntlets . I used a pair from a Sideshow Civil War figure . ( I also have a source for resin Clone heads if you want to p.m me for details).

thundergod said:
I can't add anything to what Hurricane says about Clones ( he IS the master!) , but I can tell you that the Snowtrooper is a great intro to Star Wars customs , ( it was the first I did ) as it is very straight forward . The only extra parts you'll need apart from the replacement body ,is a pair of suitable hands/gauntlets . I used a pair from a Sideshow Civil War figure . ( I also have a source for resin Clone heads if you want to p.m me for details).

Excellent. This is great info guys! I really appreciate it all!!!

Back