Hello Wisconsin! (Sorry, had to use a that 70's quote :D)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halbert

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I sure hope I found the right place to gain knowledge about Hot Toys and exploring this really cool hobby with you all!

I don't know much about this hobby, and that is why I wanted to join and learn as much as I can. Some things about myself: I am an avid sports lover, and have been collecting baseball cards for the past 2+ years. Although I enjoy sports, it sure can be stressful collecting baseball cards. Especially when you spend a butt load of money and all the cards I buy just end up going down in value. For those wondering, my ebay handle is halbert424, so I am familiar with buying and selling on ebay.

However, I am not familiar with buying Hot Toys at all. And that's why I am here! To gain some knowledge (did I mention that already?) What peaked my interest in Hot Toys was seeing them in person while I was on vacation just last week. I ran into a booth that had some Marvel and DC stuff, and was COMPLETELY blown away by these toys! The booth had toys in the range of $350 to over a $1,000! At first I couldn't believe how expensive they were, but upon closer examination, you really could tell how much work and detail have been put into these toys. In some ways, to me, it's almost like looking at a piece of art.

Instead of doing an impulse buy, which I REALLY wanted to do, I thought better of it and went back to the hotel and did some research. Mostly looking at youtube videos and seeing some amazing collections. I have an enormous amount of baseball cards, so learning from the previous hobby I didn't want to just start buying up stuff - even though I wanted too.

That's when I found DX08 The Joker 1989. Wow, I couldn't believe how freaking detailed and amazing this toy was. It's literally been on my mind ever since. I really did feel like a kid in a toy store (no punt intended :p) when I saw that joker. I usually would just go to ebay and buy my baseball card needs, but I'm not sure if that's the smart way to go about buying Hot Toys. Right now, I really have my mind set on that 1989 Joker and would love to buy it brand new.

Well anyways, this introduction ended up being more like a novel lol. I really hope I enjoy my stay here and can learn the ins and outs of buying Hot Toys. I apologize for the long winded response, and thank you to anyone for reading my novel :)

Oh and I should mention I'm not from Wisconsin, NY is where I am from

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show!
wavesmile.gif

Thanks for the welcome fellas. Apologize again for the very long intro. Just glad to be here :)

Back