Hasbro Millennium Falcon Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro's rumored New Falcon!

Holy crap, all four figures in the cockpit... That practically sells it right there.

Not only that but look at the details, especially in the main console in the cockpit. Also the top reasons why I believe this to be fully legit: It looks like Hasbro's work, it's been rumored for almost a year now, and it looks too professional and not as detailed as a custom would be. Basically we are getting a playship, a playset starship. I couldn't be happier. There isn't a single area from the films that they missed. They even have Luke's sickbay bed!

Hmmm... I really don't want a giant Hasbro ship, but its a giant Falcon. Thats a hard one?!?

normal_bmf_falcon.jpg

:google :google :google :google :google

Considering the size this would have to be for 3 3/4" figures base on the chair inside, this thing would be nearly 4' long, maybe more, the original is almost 2 feet long already. This would be very cool, but the price and size are mind blowing.

How much will it probably cost?The same price as getting SS Indy? That would really create a awful headache in what to choose :monkey1

Impressive. I hope this paves the way for more playsets and large vehicles, a lost art.

Isn't this the same type thing Hasbro offered in the late 90's? I have that one, it's huge and the engine lights up and it makes sounds. This looks more or less the same pudgy design. What does it do for $150?

It's a completely new design. The one from 95 was a slightly updated vintage mold that couldn't even fit the figures. This one has room for 4 in the cockpit, the console area and all that is brand new, new ramp, and what looks to possibly be an escape pod. Just a 100% new Falcon.

It's a completely new design. The one from 95 was a slightly updated vintage mold that couldn't even fit the figures. This one has room for 4 in the cockpit, the console area and all that is brand new, new ramp, and what looks to possibly be an escape pod. Just a 100% new Falcon.

Ah, well that's cool. It's gonna be HUGE then. I had no room for the 95 version as it was. This one still has a pudgy look to me. I wish they could just do an accurate one for once.

Now we just need a DS hangar.

That looks like a great ship. I don't really like the 3 3/4" figures anymore, but the ships are almost all very well done, so I collect a lot of them. As far as I know, Hasbro hasn't made any ships that big since the Naboo Royal Starship from Episode One. I got one of those used a few months ago after lusting after it since it was first available, and it's awesome! (They were too expensive and didn't sell very well, apparently. I'm wondering what caused Hasbro to try their hand at something like this again.)

One thing that I didn't really realize until I got the Master Replicas Millenium Falcon was how far off the proportions of most of the MF toys are. Compare this shot of my MR Falcon with the rumored Hasbro Falcon and you'll see that they have to make the cockpit much bigger than it was in the movies in order to allow figures to fit inside while still keeping the rest of the ship a reasonable size. The guns are also bigger, maybe to make them easier to use and less prone to breakage. The new Hasbro ship will still be HUGE -- maybe similar in size to the MR Falcon.

normal_bmf_falcon.jpg

mr_falcon.jpg

Speaking of Millennium Falcons, I just got one of the Galactic Heroes Falcons at Walmart. They had been out of production for a while, but as the rash of them on ebay shows, they are now available. It's a lot nicer than I had expected. The body of the ship opens up, as does the cockpit. The guns move and make noise and there are a variety of sound effects. My son is playing with it as I type this. :D

51CRD5GG4BL._SS400_.jpg

Pretty cool. I had the older one years ago. Sold it once I stopped buying Hasbro figures. I guess I'll stick with my Code 3 version.

As its been said by Rebelscum and others. If you REALLY want playsets, then you must go buy this Falcon for retail.

Do not wait for the after Christmas sales.
Do not buy it from clearance houses.
Do not wait for clearance.

Go to TRU, Wal-mart, Target and buy it for the full price.

Only then will Hasbro EVER think of making new/original playsets again. (And that could include Indiana Jones and Transformers playsets too :D)

There is no doubt whatsoever that I will be getting at least one of these. If the funds allow, I will get a second for myself. I am even considering getting a third for my son.

Hmmm...after tax, that will end up being around 500.00. I guess I'll have to cut back on troop-building the 3 3/4" line for a while because I sure as hell am not going to sacrifice a single Sideshow or Medicom 12" figure.

This is just an awesome piece. I may have to set it up as a diorama in my office. It will look great (as Mando said) with a squad of Sandtroopers blasting at the heroes and the Falcon.

I have decided... I'm just too much of a geek to not get one of these.

Adam over at GH is answering some questions and here's the one I posed with answer.

Q: Can you tell us what the sliding button to the rear of the ship does? Also is the knob by the radar dish to turn it or perhaps to turn a training remote in the interior? I assume the chess table is there, but will it have the holo pieces on it? Is it deep enough to store the ANH crew in what looks to be the opening floor panels? Is the medical unit area just that bit near the entry ramp? Is there an escape pod feature? Is the doorway between cockpit and interior open or sealed off?Thanks so much for taking the time and thanks for the scoop!

A: We have smuggling compartments that fit all the requisite figures, and a light-up holochess table. How’s that?

The knob is for the radar, and it seems that the training remote has its own mechanisms. The med bay is the resting area by the ramp door, and I was overly excited when I posted that it was behind the "secret" doors. (Still have no idea what they do.) The med bay does seem to have some cool features, like the ability to plug in Luke’s tourniquet. The comm-chair (as some have noted) also has a plug for Han’s headset. It’s very interactive, no?

Is there an escape pod? No. An escape pod wouldn’t be aggressive enough, if you know what I mean. Regarding the doorway, I think it’s sealed off so chubby little hands don’t get trapped inside. The jury is still out on that.

I want it now, but i do plan to paint it when i get it.

I want it now, but i do plan to paint it when i get it.

I'll be interested to see it that's for sure. I have a modded A-Wing from someone at Rebelscum, who I believe posts here as well. Thing is gorgeous. Just wanna do a few touch ups when I get the time.

While this is certainly a dream nearly come true, I simply can't imagine Hasbro spending the money to put this into production. The price point would probably be prohibitive to a lot of consumers as well, so Hasbro would be taking a gamble on seeing acceptible returns for this venture.

On a side note, I wonder how well Lego's upcoming mega-Millennium Falcon will sell with it's US$500 retail price?:monkey1

Back