Hasbro Indiana Jones 12" (whipping/talking) figures review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, all 11 lines straight from the movie. I don't think I've ever seen a talking feature on an action figure that wasn't from the actual character...

Oh, I've encountered many... including the new Hasbro 12" Iron Man. But good to hear that the Indy has actual movie dialogue.

You sure that's not how Iron Man sounds in the movie? I'm sure there are some out there - in my head I can remember that I've encountered a few - but I can't really come up with any right now.

Give the jacket, shirt and idol to the whip action Indy and that's one decent Hasbro Indy. Then get the swordman and either Mutt or the german and that's the 4 ya need for the Ark.

Or just wait till the Sideshow Ark. :joy

No one likes the talking Indy face and hat, but the voice feature has me intrigued. If it's decent it could be ok to put in a custom at some point.

Great review Michael--nice to see some halfway decent mass market swag.

I too may pick up the talking one to bash out the mechanics so I have Ford's dialogue for a better Indy. :rock

I have one of the talking Indy'a and it is definitely movie clips. Also, it is the best RoBin Williams likeness I've ever seen.

That's a mighty purdy looking Gentle Giant paperweight in that last picture too - when can we expect a review on that?

I was considering it...unfortunately, I got the only one of the three I didn't really care about (the alien crystal skull), but I may still get a review up soon.

A little late to the game for me, but very helpful review Michael. My son wants the whipping action.
Do we know if Hasbro will release more 12" figures like Marion or Sallah?
My Daughter really wants a Willie and Shorty.

The only one I know of that's confirmed right now is Dovchenko, who is in the next wave. They talked about three more figures this year from either Raiders or KOTCS, but I haven't heard which characters yet. Anyone else?

The only one I know of that's confirmed right now is Dovchenko, who is in the next wave. They talked about three more figures this year from either Raiders or KOTCS, but I haven't heard which characters yet. Anyone else?

Entertainment Earth has this listing for wave 4 due in october.

1x Indiana Jones with Whip Action
1x Mutt Williams with Sword Action
1x Indy in German Disguise with Rocket Launcher
1x Mutt Williams with Leather Jacket

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HND40084D

That stinks!!

I want Mola Ram. More importantly my son wants Mola Ram so his big croc can eat him!

Lucas or Spielberg or somebody must've convinced Hasbro that Mutt was going to be the biggest thing since sliced bread. The amount of attention they've given that character is ridiculous.

The good news about the Indy in German disguise is that it gives Hasbro another chance for a new Indy head (sans the attached hat). It will also most likely be made with Hasbro's super articulated body (with a better skin tone than the previous German figure).
Alan

Entertainment Earth has this listing for wave 4 due in october.

1x Indiana Jones with Whip Action
1x Mutt Williams with Sword Action
1x Indy in German Disguise with Rocket Launcher
1x Mutt Williams with Leather Jacket

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HND40084D

Pics of Indy in German Disguise, Mutt w/ Leather Jacket, and TOD Indy!

40913194d457_Main400.jpg

449261e16db7_Main400.jpg

4066720f8297_Main400.jpg

Have to say, the head sculpt on Indy in German disguise looks like Hasbro's best yet. TOD Indy looks like they reused the whipping action head, but still looks kinda of cool.

Still haven't brought myself to buy any of the Hasbro 12", but that may change depending on how these two turn out in production.

Back