Hasbro HyperReal Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw it for $40 also but just couldn't pull the trigger on something that's not in line with everything else I have. I want to check it out but not get wrapped up in another line. But who knows, Hasbro hasn't even shown an actual prototype for Luke. I'm surprised how little we've seen.

I don't think I'd have any interest in any other character in this line, other than Darth Vader. So I definitely felt the $40 was reasonable and worth it. Maybe if the line continues and down the road they make a Stormtrooper (if I do wind up liking the Vader that is), I'd pick that up for cheap as well so Vader's not alone. But I'm content with just having Vader.

I try to buy most Vader collectibles (other than statues, as I do have the original SS PF), so I like having different scales and sizes. I do have the Tomy Real Action Vader kit from back in the day, which is basically the same size as this at I believe 8", but I've never opened it. That went for over a $100 at one point, but with patience I won a brand new unopened one on ebay many years ago for only $35. Maybe one day i'll open it and display him.

I got my Vader from Walmart delivered today. I must say, I'm actually quite impressed by this. Feels really great in hand. Sturdy with a nice heft. The joints are super tight due to the metal skeleton structure. Almost afraid to bend his arms at the elbows. But I think this is very much worth the $39.99 I paid. I'd say that the price point on this hyper real line would be great in the $40 - $50 range, but not at $80.

The only 3 gripes I have are that his cloth robes (inner robe and cape) are definitely a bit over sized utilizing too much material and can get in the way of posing, his lightsaber is made of a cheap soft rubbery plastic and lacks the detail it could have had if it was instead made from a sturdier/harder plastic, and the cheap & flimsy base (which is pretty useless due to how solid the joints are). He stands better and seems to be even more sturdier than any Hot Toys/Sideshow 1/6 figure I own.

The only other question is how well his thick rubber suit will hold up over time, or withstand constant movement. I'm a pose then put it on shelf and done collector. I don't change things up too often. But it does seem to be made of a high quality and durable material.

If your a Darth Vader fan and like to have a variety of different scaled collectibles I would definitely recommend picking this up for anything under $50.

I decided to see what I could do about the overly tight ball joints in the wrists. I had to put so much pressure on the back of the arms to get the hands on that I was afraid that the metal skeleton would eventually rip through at the elbow. I used a cone shaped dremel grinding bit in a pin vise to make the sockets in the hands a bit bigger. Now the hands swap without much trouble while still maintaining a secure fit.

I think this figure didn't get the attention that it deserved, I've had two of the hot toys Darth Vader's I've had the sideshow Darth Vader, I can't really say that he's worse or better he is smaller but overall design looks pretty good the helmet is amazing, I paid ?50 for him and I would have paid a lot more I'm quite happy with this figure and it really does look the part in the shelf compare to the hot toys, if only they would make more I could buy them all . Anybody here know no if they making any more figures as I cant find any news about them at all, if it's been cancelled or what not.

I agree!

I received this Vader last week after a member here offered me a great deal on him and I am very impressed with the look of the figure. I don't know how the rubber parts will hold up down the road, but I very rarely re-pose my figures, so I'm not worried about it.

Luke was shown at ToyFair. The outfit is indeed rubber. Looks like the boots and belt are separate pieces.

I'm kind of surprised that Hasbro is going forward with this. I guess Vader sold better than I thought.

toy-fair-2020-new-star-wars-black-series-vintage-and-retro-collections-more-revealed-by-hasbro-.jpeg

I fully expected this to turn out the way it did, if they didn't use any soft goods on Vader besides the cape, I didn't expect anything for Luke.

To me he almost looks like a 90's CGI render character lol.

It's odd to me why they thought all-rubber bodies were a good idea. It's common knowledge the rubber breaks down faster than pretty much any other material. Expect to see discolored, cracked, and deteriorating examples of these on ebay in about 15 years.

So far my Vader is still in tact and I’ve had him in a action pose for over four to five months , I think these bodies are doing better than I originally thought

I think this line is best suited for characters like Vader, Mandalorians, Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers & Sith Troopers where it can be a rubber body suit covered with plastic armor and some softgoods for stuff like capes.

I don't think I'll go beyond Vader. I too am worried about the product longevity and Vader is really all I was looking to get. Thankfully all the rubber on Vader is black and not a lot of the joints are exposed so any eventual cracks may not be too obvious.

So far my Vader is still in tact and I’ve had him in a action pose for over four to five months , I think these bodies are doing better than I originally thought

It's less than a year old. Give it time.....

It's odd to me why they thought all-rubber bodies were a good idea. It's common knowledge the rubber breaks down faster than pretty much any other material. Expect to see discolored, cracked, and deteriorating examples of these on ebay in about 15 years.

Is anything guaranteed for 15 years? besides just straight hard plastic? I thought you were going to use an example like 3 years. I would expect to have problems with most of my figures be it cloth or silicon or whatever over 15 years.

Sure. I have several collectibles that are over 30 years old and made of various materials, including different types of plastics, cloth, etc., and all have held up just fine. But a few of the items I used to own which were comprised mostly of rubber (the older Hot Toys Xenomorph, Dutch from Predator, and a Batman figure) started to crack and deteriorate, and they were all less than 10 years old, and stored in an environmentally controlled room. If Hot Toys-level items don't last more than a decade, I highly doubt Hasbro's stuff will.

Is anything guaranteed for 15 years? besides just straight hard plastic? I thought you were going to use an example like 3 years. I would expect to have problems with most of my figures be it cloth or silicon or whatever over 15 years.

But aren't pretty much all figures straight hard plastic though?

The use of silicon seems like a pretty exotic (and yeah risky) choice to me for a figure of this type, even though it is really interesting in a way.

But aren't pretty much all figures straight hard plastic though?

The use of silicon seems like a pretty exotic (and yeah risky) choice to me for a figure of this type, even though it is really interesting in a way.

Well it sounds like people were expecting Luke to be a clothed figure rather than what he is, so no not straight hard plastic.

Back