Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea the sculpts are surprisingly good on these cheap toys!

Ton Ton, i do have the SS and the hasbro one is much smaller. looks like a medicom figure compared to the SS.

Thanks, reefer. That was sort of the impression I had but was tough to tell when they're just amongst each other.

That astromech looks good as a base - though the problems are it's a touch smaller than the SSC R2 (which itself is slightly undersized), it has no "ankle" articulation (ie legs are totally solid) and it has no third leg at all, retractable or otherwise.

Yeah, it's a $10 custom project for background filler. But pretty impressive with that considered.

Ran into this little set yesterday at target for 29.99 and snatched one up on impulse just to play around with. Give the BB8 a little wash and he could be a cheap stand in until I get the hot toys version eventually. Thats my rationalization for buying it anyway lol

Surprised to see the astromech is roughly the same scale as the SSC R2. I seem to remember the hasbro droids being smaller scale (like Medicom). Don't have the older Hasbro's anymore, so I'm not sure.

Threepio is actually nicely detailed, and has pretty great shoulder articulation, but is underscaled, definitely medicom sized..

c12422e4781cb6c802366acdf377663f.jpg
ac28e054a8ced4b6ca79e8a4d709ba5a.jpg

How close is that C-3PO to a proper 1/6? Might use him as a K-3PO custom for the Hoth collection.

I just saw these today. The BB8 and R0 look really good for the price. The C3PO looks decent as well....if only he was a 1/4-1/2" taller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a set and the size measurements between R0-4L0 and Sideshow's R2-D2 and are about close.
But R0-4LO is slightly shorter at the leg section. If you take apart the legs and add styrene sheets for height, Hasbro's and Sideshow's are close in scale.
It seems Hasbro used Sideshow's R2 for scale reference and the details.

Of course R0-4LO is not as detailed in the sculpt section as Sideshow's R2 but with some mods and weathering you can certainly have a great looking Astromech droid to go up agiasnt Sideshow's R2. At $10 each you can custom paint many different colored Astromech droids

The figure is hollow and plastic is solid.
When I get some free time, I'm going to use my Sideshow's R2 for reference and going to take apart R0-4LO and add ankle articulation, make a center leg, heighten the legs and add light up electronics in the dome. The only challenge is making a center leg.

I don't know about BB-8 looks great with Sideshow's droids but not sure if scale is proper and C3PO is about a 1inch short.
But take apart C3PO in limbs section and get some mesh fabric, then make a storage bag and use that for Hot Toys Chewbacca to carry around C3PO without dropping $200++ for Sidesho's c3po

But for you repainters, weathiers, and kitbashers I highly recommend this set.

If 3PO is short, it means the other droids are too small. The scale between 3PO and that R0 unit looks about right. Sideshow's R2 is too small. For the amount of work it takes to add legs and whatnot to one of these droids, I'd rather spend the $120-150 and get something already done (for the most part).

If 3PO is short, it means the other droids are too small. The scale between 3PO and that R0 unit looks about right. Sideshow's R2 is too small. For the amount of work it takes to add legs and whatnot to one of these droids, I'd rather spend the $120-150 and get something already done (for the most part).

Yeah, adding ankle articulation (and having it look decent) is a pretty big job and all three figs seem underscale. Was there a pic of this 3PO next to the SSC 3PO?

Nevertheless, this set is a great find guys.:clap

Will try to pick one up.

Here's both next to each other. Pretty nice details on the hasbro, but its no comparison to the SSC version of course lol

2511232d11e7c033a79dc8c9d11e5ce0.jpg

BB8 from the set with Rey

75a92d926220d65f6afe06c2ce648892.jpg

Thanks for taking those pics, Reefer Shark!

3PO looks nice. The limbs are kinda stumpy, but it's a nice sculpt.

Haven't seen one but the head looks a bit more like the real 3PO than the SS one. I like the idea of this as a $10 blown-apart Cloud City version.

Great minds think alike. Or... maybe you stole my idea before I said it.:dunno

Thanks for taking those pics, Reefer Shark!

3PO looks nice. The limbs are kinda stumpy, but it's a nice sculpt.

Great minds think alike. Or... maybe you stole my idea before I said it.:dunno

Right on bud! Yeah, that's really the main problem with him, stumpy little legs, and oversized arms. Makes him a little wonky, still kinda neat toy though for the $10.

I picked this set up last week and it is fantastic. There are minor quibbles (like the limited articulation), but the sculpts are great and at a cost of $10 per droid, they can't be beat. If they repaint the R4 unit (R0-FL0) and sell it individually, I will definitely pick some up. These figures display very well and with a minor repaint (really just a wash would bring out a ton of the details), they would look great next to higher end figures.

....I have been scouring my local Targets since late last week and I can't find the damn things. I haven't been on the 'hunt' for a mass-produced collectable like this in many years. I am remembering one reason why I quit collecting Hasbro crap.

....I have been scouring my local Targets since late last week and I can't find the damn things. I haven't been on the 'hunt' for a mass-produced collectable like this in many years. I am remembering one reason why I quit collecting Hasbro crap.

Hey bud - Ive seen these in 3 targets and at all 3 they've been displayed in the DVD section, not the toy section.

Hopefully this helps!

Back