Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it might be more that the Rebo statue is oversized for 1/7 than that the bust is undersized for 1/6. But with these characters it's really hard to tell sometimes, because we didn't see anything on screen that allows us to easily compare sizes.

I had the GG band statues (which is one of the best sculpted SW collectibles ever) but it just didn't work with my 1/6 palace set-up - they were all about 20-30% too small. You can see in some making of pics and also a few palace pics that Max is bigger (and Sy and Droopy should come up to armpit level on people, but the GG ones were more like waist level to 1/6 figs.)

I was really hoping that the new Max mini-bust would be that 20% larger to make it work, but if it's the same size, then I guess it's back to waiting for SSC..:gah:.

A Jabba's Palace set-up really needs the bright colors that Sy and Max bring...

Thought I'd throw some hasbro love in here since I got my game room started in the new house.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428769061.804341.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428769073.955628.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428769083.508043.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428769094.880215.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428769106.336383.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428769118.758699.jpg

Anyone else doing midnight madness on Force Friday? While I have mostly moved away from Hasbro these past few years, I think I will go for the nostalgia trip. Unlike almost everyone else, I don't mind the 5 POA figures being offered for TFA as they feel like a true update to the original Kenner line. Anyway, here is what I am hoping to get:

IMO the coolest of the 3.75 line...
Hasbro%u00252BStar%u00252BWars%u00252BThe%u00252BForce%u00252BAwakens%u00252BCaptain%u00252BPhas.jpg
kylo_ren_1.jpg

Possibly fun 12 inch figures (or total crap)...
Kylo-Front.jpg
Finn-front.jpg

A Black Series Stormtrooper to go with my inevitable Figuarts TFA figures...
Star-Wars-Force-Awakens-Black-Series-First-Order-Stormtrooper-001.jpg

Last edited:
I'll probably grab a bunch of TFA Hasbro figures to hold for my son - he'll be 3 in December, so a little young for the 3 3/4 stuff yet.

My son is a similar age. I think he would be fine with the 12 inch stuff but he is only interested in cars. I am sure most of the hasbro stuff will go to him in a couple years.

My son turned three this year and I let him play with all of my Hasbro collection. He loves it--- and since he's seen all the movies he can name pretty much all of the main characters-- He loves asking if these are the "good troopers" or "bad troopers" and since watching Ep III he's very happy to let me in on the Darth Vader/Anakin secret.

Attachments

• IMG_3323.JPG
    IMG_3323.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
I'd love to do this with my son, but he's been slow to pick up language skills, unlike my daughter who was a very articulate and attentive chatter box well before 3. He's more of a bruiser, most people think he's over 4, so they're pretty surprised when I tell them he's still only 2. We sat through a bit of SW along with my daughter, but he's usually up and playing with something or making a move to another room before long. We'll try again in a couple of month.

My son turned three this year and I let him play with all of my Hasbro collection. He loves it--- and since he's seen all the movies he can name pretty much all of the main characters-- He loves asking if these are the "good troopers" or "bad troopers" and since watching Ep III he's very happy to let me in on the Darth Vader/Anakin secret.

:lol I hope you told him what a newb he is!

I jest. Obviously one humours this stuff from one's kids.

Noticed the AT-TE in your pic, I bought that one but by then most of my Star Wars collection was boxed away and ultimately it too ended up back in its box, I barely knew it. Great toy as I recall. That and the Republic Gunship are two the best things to come out of the PT toy lines.

That's awesome you guys are picking stuff up for your kids. My 14 year old son never got into Star Wars unfortunately. More japanime stuff like Pokemon and Legend of Zelda.

But my 11 year old daughter loves the marvel stuff. Especially any movie with Loki. She is a fangirl and proud.

My 5 year old daughter has been playing with my Star Wars hasbro stuff for the last couple years. I always have to clean up a huge mess to put everything back where it was displayed but it's always a labor of love. Till I can't find any light sabers or blasters cause she's stuffed them all in her purse!

:lol I hope you told him what a newb he is!

I jest. Obviously one humours this stuff from one's kids.

Noticed the AT-TE in your pic, I bought that one but by then most of my Star Wars collection was boxed away and ultimately it too ended up back in its box, I barely knew it. Great toy as I recall. That and the Republic Gunship are two the best things to come out of the PT toy lines.

He's an expert. :wink1: For three.

That's awesome you guys are picking stuff up for your kids. My 14 year old son never got into Star Wars unfortunately. More japanime stuff like Pokemon and Legend of Zelda.

But my 11 year old daughter loves the marvel stuff. Especially any movie with Loki. She is a fangirl and proud.

My 5 year old daughter has been playing with my Star Wars hasbro stuff for the last couple years. I always have to clean up a huge mess to put everything back where it was displayed but it's always a labor of love. Till I can't find any light sabers or blasters cause she's stuffed them all in her purse!

Both of my girls (now 9 and 7) also love all of the geek stuff-- I've got a great video of the first time they saw Empire (I think they were around 5 and 3-- or maybe 6 and 4). They had seen TPM, ANH, and they absolutely loved CW (Ahsoka was a great addition for little girls into Disney Princesses) so they always saw Anakin as the hero just like Luke. When the big revelation happened (I edited the video that I shared with family because I had to pause the movie for all of their questions that lasted over ten minutes--- they couldn't believe that their hero was also the big baddie) the video of their shock was priceless.

I've pulled back from Hasbro and I'm hesitant for any of the new stuff (especially so far away from the actual viewing--- I'm avoiding spoilers like the plague) but I live on the border with the US where there is a HUGE collector friendly Wal-Mart. Meaning there are NO collectors around here. When Ep III stuff came out (and I bought 3 3/4) I walked into the toy section, saw the display, walked back to the front to get a cart, and then I spent an hour all on my lonesome going through every figure and picking out the best of each figure.

I'll probably (for old times sake) take a look... but I doubt if I get much of anything.

Any advice on selling an old Hasbro collection? What are big ticket items I can price to collectors? Republic Gunship, AT-AT, Queen's Ship, Sandcrawler, Desert Sand Skiff, and Imperial Shuttle all seem like I could price to collectors.

What should I sell loose figures for? $3 a piece too high? What about the average carded figure? $5 seem fair?

The only carded ones I have that might be valuable are a bunch of RotS exclusives ( burning Greivous, lava reflection Vader, Obi-Wan, and Anakin, and random clones) and an incomplete McQuarrie set. Any other figures you can think of that might be desirable from the 1995-2006 run?

If anyone's interested PM me. I am having an indefinite basement sale if you're in the Chicago area. If you want something specific ask me and I'm willing to ship it out.

Ran into this little set yesterday at target for 29.99 and snatched one up on impulse just to play around with. Give the BB8 a little wash and he could be a cheap stand in until I get the hot toys version eventually. Thats my rationalization for buying it anyway lol

Surprised to see the astromech is roughly the same scale as the SSC R2. I seem to remember the hasbro droids being smaller scale (like Medicom). Don't have the older Hasbro's anymore, so I'm not sure.

Threepio is actually nicely detailed, and has pretty great shoulder articulation, but is underscaled, definitely medicom sized..

c12422e4781cb6c802366acdf377663f.jpg
ac28e054a8ced4b6ca79e8a4d709ba5a.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, the gulf sculpt-wise between that droid and R2 doesn't seem that wide. It probably benefits from not having the opening panels too. Amazing that the size is identical.

How is 3PO? Do you have the SS or Tama to compare it with size-wise?

yea the sculpts are surprisingly good on these cheap toys!

Ton Ton, i do have the SS and the hasbro one is much smaller. looks like a medicom figure compared to the SS.

Wow - awesome find. What are these called?

That astromech looks good as a base - though the problems are it's a touch smaller than the SSC R2 (which itself is slightly undersized), it has no "ankle" articulation (ie legs are totally solid) and it has no third leg at all, retractable or otherwise.

Seems like it basically is the same as the 1978 vintage R2 - head turns, "shoulders" turn, no third leg.

Back