Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw this regarding the Tamashii nations figures. WOW!

Photo courtesy of Rebelscum.com

Yep, they're seriously stunning. I pray the scale is 1/12. If so, I may have found some decent human figures to go with my Hasbro troopers and aliens! They also apparently showed Maul, Qui Gon, TPM Kenobi, Jedi Luke and the Scout Trooper but I can't find pictures of them anywhere.

If Han and Luke are anything to go by, the Maul will be killer!

They look great in that pic! Hopefully they match up with Hasbro's black series weird scale, but I seriously doubt they will unfortunately.

Yep, they're seriously stunning. I pray the scale is 1/12. If so, I may have found some decent human figures to go with my Hasbro troopers and aliens! They also apparently showed Maul, Qui Gon, TPM Kenobi, Jedi Luke and the Scout Trooper but I can't find pictures of them anywhere.

If Han and Luke are anything to go by, the Maul will be killer!

Where did you hear they showed all of those?

Those will retail $40 a piece and didn't they already reveal Vader looking all stylized? They're nice but at that price an easy pass.

Very happy I restrained myself with this line. I'll be happy to pay $40 to have the best 6" version of favorite Star Wars characters / icons in my collection. Bandai's Han and Luke look amazing. I'm a proud owner of a Black Series Han and am blown away by what we've seen of the Figuarts version. I hope that there's not much, if any, disparity in the sizes - I would love to be able to cherry pick my favorites from each manufacturer's line and display them together.

I don't think I'd replace my Black Series Greedo or Boba Fett with a Figuarts version -- they are already very well done.
I don't think I'm going to Figuarts for any of the Troopers either.

Those will retail $40 a piece and didn't they already reveal Vader looking all stylized? They're nice but at that price an easy pass.

I think it's the Black Series, Figuarts and MAFEX Vaders that are faithful to the OT's costume design with Play Arts Kai and Revoltech taking liberties with their rendition.

I decided to stop at my local Walgreens today and spotted 7 Proto Fetts. Of course, I left them for fellow collectors since i already have one.

I did manage to pick up the black pouldron Sandtrooper. This was the first time I had seen him in stores.

PM me if you are in the Indianapolis, Indiana area. I will tell you what store has the Fetts.

Attachments

• get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 250
Via Baneofdemon22 he showed this shot and apparently tamashii nations has shown off figures Jedi Luke too.

attachment.php

If that's true and it trumps black series too much... I'm....I'm gonna be really annoyed. I might do a Kiva (was that you Kiva? Who said to jump out black series if figuarts was pulling through?)

If these really are in 6 inch scale, I'll be getting them all. I have Mafex Vader on preorder, so I'll wait to see how I like that Vader first. I'll wait for the SH Jedi Luke, get a Luke ANH and replace my Han. Nice.

Yea if the Figuarts Vader is better, which it probably will be, I will be selling my Mafex Vader in a heart beat.

I wouldn't mind some other figures to go with my troopers and Fett, hope they hold to scale, that Solo looks sick.

I think it's the Black Series, Figuarts and MAFEX Vaders that are faithful to the OT's costume design with Play Arts Kai and Revoltech taking liberties with their rendition.

So many different Japanese companies; I don't even know which are which. There was some Vader shown here recently that some people were excited for but I thought it looked like absolute crap for the $40 price tag it had. The new Han and Luke look pretty great. Maybe they're not in the same line as that awful Vader was. But still, they're going to sell for quite a bit more than SWBS6 already retail for and that was a hard pill to swallow. The initial offerings were worth it but as this line has continued, it is obviously a rip-off for the quality of sculpt/paint and the quantity of accessories.

Are you thinking of the Vader with the 'articulated' cape? If so I think that's the Revoltech one.

So many different Japanese companies; I don't even know which are which. There was some Vader shown here recently that some people were excited for but I thought it looked like absolute crap for the $40 price tag it had. The new Han and Luke look pretty great. Maybe they're not in the same line as that awful Vader was. But still, they're going to sell for quite a bit more than SWBS6 already retail for and that was a hard pill to swallow. The initial offerings were worth it but as this line has continued, it is obviously a rip-off for the quality of sculpt/paint and the quantity of accessories.

There are four major ones in the what I would call 5,5" scale
The one with the longest name is in my opinion the best: Bandai's subdevision Tamashii Nations (distributed in the UA via Bluefin corp) has S.H. FiguArts (and MonsterArts)
Then there's the Figma line (dunno which company), Medicom's MAFEX line, and Revoltech (also don't know which company)

Previously FiguArts was mostly Anime oriented but they're heavily following their competitors into western franchises.

Then there's Square Enix's toymaking devision that makes a line called Play Arts Kai. They often make very stylised designs and are scale HELL. Their scale is all over the place from 8 - 10"es but it seems they're now trying to settle consistently on a 10" scale across the board.

A simple way to tell FiguArts apart from the rest is that so far it seems they're the only ones never using any cloth material. MAFEX and Revoltech do. They also emply a slightly different articulation design, of which imo FiguArts is easily the best. They have especially a very signature hip and shoulder design.

But when it comes to Vader it's simple: cloth: MAFEX. Plastic cape: FiguArts. Highly stylised: Play Arts Kai (10" scale).

As far as I know figma and revoltech are not making star wars licensed products.

There are four major ones in the what I would call 5,5" scale
The one with the longest name is in my opinion the best: Bandai's subdevision Tamashii Nations (distributed in the UA via Bluefin corp) has S.H. FiguArts (and MonsterArts)
Then there's the Figma line (dunno which company), Medicom's MAFEX line, and Revoltech (also don't know which company)

Previously FiguArts was mostly Anime oriented but they're heavily following their competitors into western franchises.

Then there's Square Enix's toymaking devision that makes a line called Play Arts Kai. They often make very stylised designs and are scale HELL. Their scale is all over the place from 8 - 10"es but it seems they're now trying to settle consistently on a 10" scale across the board.

A simple way to tell FiguArts apart from the rest is that so far it seems they're the only ones never using any cloth material. MAFEX and Revoltech do. They also emply a slightly different articulation design, of which imo FiguArts is easily the best. They have especially a very signature hip and shoulder design.

But when it comes to Vader it's simple: cloth: MAFEX. Plastic cape: FiguArts. Highly stylised: Play Arts Kai (10" scale).

As far as I know figma and revoltech are not making star wars licensed products.

Star-Wars-Revoltech-001-Darth-Vader-04.jpg

Isn't this revoltech??

I do hope Tamashii is going to change the stormtrooper helmets because they're clearly failing. Although they're bad across the entire Import board so far.

Is Play Arts Kai really going to make star wars stuff too? I haven't seen the faintest inch of anything from them... Man... Disney's whoring this franchise out that's for sure.

Back