Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Wave 3 case....didn't open Vader nor Jedi Luke - luke is decent. Vader has a sad....helmet looks droopy in package. Body looks great. He'll stay in package

Painting Vader's eye lenses black really helps make him look less sad. After Jedi Luke he's my favorite black series figure.

One thing I found is that the ROTJ Luke head works MUCH better on ESB figure, and vice versa. The ROTJ head has darker hair, is fatter and has a worried face that works better for the ESB figure. The ESB head is thinner and looks much better on the thinner ROTJ body.

Chewbacca is seems too tall while Vader seems too short.

Vader's cape/skirt were too long, so I cut them shorter, and attached the cape like the 3.75" figure. Looks so much better now.

@Kull if I buy vader I'm gonna paint the lenses black, glue the mask on tied shut, try to raise the neck joint, cut off the cape completely, shorten the chain and make the cape drap over his shoulder properly, cut his front skirt straightinstead of the weird double fold.

By then things gonna looks a lot better. But Im only doing this if I can find him cheap. Which I won't.

And I also pose in ambient focal lighting which hides a lot of stuff as well. It's about what you actualy see at shelf distance in the designated lighting to me, keeping up appearances. If the eye gets fooled, mission accomplished.

@Silrian Ah..., his mask doesn't want to sit down completely on the neck piece so you may have to trim down the inside of the top of the mask also. I may try that myself. The rest of the things you mentioned aren't bothering me. I'm fine with the cape and the inner robe also. I play around with my figures once in while then leave em when I find a cool looking pose. I can't stop goofing around with Luke though. I keep getting him into different iconic poses from the movie, really digging him :)
I just repainted Luke's eyes too.

Last edited:
Can someone please post a photo of Black Series Darth Vader next to other 6-7 inch figures, eg. NECA Predator, DCUC Batman, Marvel Legends Doctor Doom, Wolverine. Just want to see a size comparison. Can't wait till my Vader arrives!

Late to this thread. I'm only focusing on the bounty hunters, droids and villans. I only picked up Jedi Luke to have standing next to vader.

Overall, painted face wise Darth Maul is THE best one they have released yet. I don't really count Boba Fett since he doesn't have a likeness to nail with the helmet.

This is the only Star Wars series of figures I'm collecting at the moment. I like 1/6 scale more, but these are more affordable. I pretty much have all of the ones I like except Prototype Boba Fett. I originally didn't want Han Solo until I got Chewbacca. They look pretty good displayed together. Jedi Luke was also a pass until I decided to get Darth Vader. Both of those look good together too. I hope they release more Bounty Hunters, I know IG-88 is on the way. I would also like to see beasts like the Wampa and Rancor.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Just received the biker scout. A nice figure but the quality of the plastic has declined rapidly in this line. The scout has a bent leg, a very loose knee joint and the gun snapped almost immediately.
I'm in 2 minds whether to continue collecting these. The first 2 waves were excellent quality, but corners have definately been cut since then.

If he comes with no force power hands it's an epic fail.
B0507_SW_EPVI_Emperor.jpg

yay... so even if we built a custom throne he wouldnt be able to sit... yawn

Honestly, the Emperor wouldn't have been THAT bad had they molded the head with the hood, like they did with Darth Maul. Who during that meeting said "Ok, let's NOT use the Darth Maul method to do the Emperor. Let's have an ugly cloth robe that will look absolutely ridiculous intstead."

Back