Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I did this morning, totally surprised since the when I ordered it last year they had arrival as June 2021. I did notice Dorkside has it coming in April.

Hasbro is a bit ahead with it and the VC Fett, figure BBTS probably will be too, I have both on order and haven't gotten notice yet, so just curious if I should be on the lookout.

Hopefully they fix the Fett helmet. All the pictures I’ve seen of in hand photos have the helmet like squeeze together and warped. Looks not so good. I suppose it’s because they glued the helmet on a “head” which squeeze the helmet to adhere.

The problem is how he’s packaged, it’s super tight and it’s soft material. I was disappointed with Beskar Mando for the same reason, if it were a hard plastic head it’d look better, the Vintage Fett head looks fantastic.

Hopefully they fix the Fett helmet. All the pictures I’ve seen of in hand photos have the helmet like squeeze together and warped. Looks not so good. I suppose it’s because they glued the helmet on a “head” which squeeze the helmet to adhere.

if that's the case then I will be sending mine back.

I’ve been seeing people post on YouTube their Bo Katan wave finds in the wild. Anybody find them in your area yet? I’m not holding my breath where I live.

Watch out though..some say the wave might be street dated for April 1 :pfft:

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Heat it up and the shape comes out right away. Not that big of a deal to fix, nothing to cancel over unless it?s out of principle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heat it up and the shape comes out right away. Not that big of a deal to fix, nothing to cancel over unless it?s out of principle.

Does it pop on it's own? Or do I need to stick a screwdriver and pull it out some?

Unfortunately, Hasbro made it as a soft helmet that goes over a faux head inside, which is what allows the helmet shape do deform. A user on Instagram cut off the nose to help the helmet keep shape. Since it's not a true head underneath, it should have just been a solid plastic helmet that retained the shape. Either that option was more costly so they cheaped out, or they thought they needed to do it this way to give value to a collector figure. Either way, shame on them for putting out a collector figure that pales to it's 2" smaller counterpart.

Since I want the helmet to look good, I was thinking of both reshaping it with heat and then filling in the gaps inside with magic sculpt so it'll permanently keep shape.

What method would one use to heat the figure , boiling water or a hair dryer?

I used a hair dryer for about 30 seconds on low. I then sort of pinched from the back and the front and held that for about a minute. Here is my result and while not perfect (Mafex still wins the helmet) it?s a great figure on its own.
Out of the box:
9ad2d179db35fa782c6fbddb8274fd94.jpg

Heat up for 30?seconds:
4031920054e47b31897b996095462f46.jpg

After sitting for a couple of minutes:
07f8ab1eaa3b8d4e228f76a668243f90.jpg

Last edited:
Since I want the helmet to look good, I was thinking of both reshaping it with heat and then filling in the gaps inside with magic sculpt so it'll permanently keep shape.

This feels like a good option. If you look at my second and third picture, the shape gradually goes to a shape that while better than out of the box is still not accurate to the shape that I want. Using some sculpt may be the answer to fill in the gap to keep the desired shape. However for those who are cancelling if you?re happy with how mine looks in the third picture, keep your preorder, hit it with heat for 30 seconds then pinch it and honestly it?s more than worth it imo

One more time with heat and reshape:
71174a16125cfdf44fd8c2376b0ba4b4.jpg

This is perfect for me and took less than 5 minutes total.

e9ed94c43c5417bbe7c5fecc4ab90eaa.jpg

Mafex Boba can enjoy the rocket blasting pieces Hasbro Boba comes with. This is after an hour of sitting so this is how the helmet stayed:

0773bc15cd5978cf46068e0910a5ae0e.jpg

ca1725682c385fe0a7aa91a6384ae30a.jpg

Last edited:
That's how it should be, Boba's helmet flares, so many sculpts over the years have missed that, always made the Medicom RAH stand out for me.

I can't get over why most of Hasbro's figures lately are so shiny on their "clothes".

That?s one part that does bother me a bit. Not enough to have to fix currently but I may look at that in the future. I?m just happy the helmet turned out fine if you?re willing to do a simple fix. We should not have to fix it to begin with but it?s better than a solid helmet that cannot be reshaped IMO.

Back