Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a way it makes sense that Luke evolved both in outfits and persona . however when you look at the prequel Trilogy all Jedis dressed the same . It was odd that Luke wore all black in ROTJ

Remember Rey technically isn’t a Jedi

Definitely. I love that about the OT. Lukes all black outfit actually was what Lucas originally envisioned as the uniform of a Jedi. The PT Jedi would have essentially looked very militant. That obviously changed though lol

I find it really interesting that Luke's outfits are so incredibly varied vs Rey's, which amount to two slightly different outfits with two slight variations over three films. It to me says there were designers and filmmakers in the OT who had deeper understandings of a character on a journey (the outfits as symbolic signposts to the thematic transformation) whereas with Rey there's less understanding and confidence. It also may be that in the era of the superhero, people want the same trademark outfit every film with slight variations.

Luke has the most varied costumes in the entire saga outside of Padme lol. Obi-Wan wears slightly different shades of beige in the PT (with a slightly different brown under tunic) lol.

I dont think ANY character, thats not a main character, trooper or (occasionally) extremely cool looking alien, is good for general retail. Especially a vintage (IE outdated) looking old man in a gray costume packed on a board game in the age of electronics.

Definitely. I love that about the OT. Lukes all black outfit actually was what Lucas originally envisioned as the uniform of a Jedi. The PT Jedi would have essentially looked very militant. That obviously changed though lol

Luke has the most varied costumes in the entire saga outside of Padme lol. Obi-Wan wears slightly different shades of beige in the PT (with a slightly different brown under tunic) lol.

I dont think ANY character, thats not a main character, trooper or (occasionally) extremely cool looking alien, is good for general retail. Especially a vintage (IE outdated) looking old man in a gray costume packed on a board game in the age of electronics.

With all due respect to Luke, I don’t see farm boy Luke’s outfit working as a Jedi in the OT so kudos to Lucas for changing and evolving Luke’s outfits from each film as the character changed :clap

With all due respect to Luke, I don’t see farm boy Luke’s outfit working as a Jedi in the OT so kudos to Lucas for changing and evolving Luke’s outfits from each film as the character changed :clap

No not the farmboy outfit, his black ROTJ outfit was meant to be the Jedi uniform he envisioned for the prequel era (Which is also why a lot of EU cover art depicting other, new era Jedi wore similar outfits to ROTJ Luke)

No not the farmboy outfit, his black ROTJ outfit was meant to be the Jedi uniform he envisioned for the prequel era (Which is also why a lot of EU cover art depicting other, new era Jedi wore similar outfits to ROTJ Luke)

I don’t know if you followed Marvel comics run of SW . But I was a huge fan of what they came up with Luke’s attire at times

This could’ve worked as a look for Jedi Luke as well IMO

Or this

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

so I found 3 of these at Target today!

7d26f59cd7be420a270d28e5e054d30f.jpg

.. but they wouldn’t sell him to me because of the 5-12 street date. ughhhh

Needless to say, I stashed two somewhere else in the store. Praying theyre still there on the 12th!

so I found 3 of these at Target today!

7d26f59cd7be420a270d28e5e054d30f.jpg

.. but they wouldn’t sell him to me because of the 5-12 street date. ughhhh

Needless to say, I stashed two somewhere else in the store. Praying theyre still there on the 12th!

Shouldn’t it be May the 4th..WT? Why street date to the 12

Shouldn’t it be May the 4th..WT? Why street date to the 12

Yeah, its a riddle I dont understand.

Well I suppose Im assuming its 5-12 since the 3.75 Han Stormys I found the the other day were. Customer service told me 5-12 before they took them away. The self checkout doesnt give me a date, it just says “cant sell until..”. effing riddle lol

Yeah, its a riddle I dont understand.

Well I suppose Im assuming its 5-12 since the 3.75 Han Stormys I found the the other day were. Customer service told me 5-12 before they took them away. The self checkout doesnt give me a date, it just says “cant sell until..”. effing riddle lol

I don’t get Hasbro street dating their product anyway. What does it matter if it releases early. They do this with ML and the new power rangers line too

It’s ridiculous, there are no more TRUs in the States, why doesn’t Hasbro realize people are going to Targets to get Hasbro product :pfft:

That's crazy. I'll have to swing by there sometime soon!

Does anyone think Stormtrooper disguise Luke's proportions are weird? His abdomen looks really short, but his limbs look long.

That’s because they shortened his torso joint to replicate his “too short for a Stormtrooper” stature, but didn’t bother modifying any other parts of the regular stormie tooling...

Oof. After the new perfect TVC RO Stormtrooper, Hasbro desperately needs to make a completely new 6" Stormtrooper mold.

That's crazy. I'll have to swing by there sometime soon!

Does anyone think Stormtrooper disguise Luke's proportions are weird? His abdomen looks really short, but his limbs look long.

Yeah, they should have shortened his legs a bit for sure. Still a pretty decent figure. I like that they included the grappling hook and communicator.

Luke next to a standard BS stormy sculpt:

c8dc09e3f44e955bfe844fdd73a3ea0e.jpg

That helmet is still awful. rest is ok

Yeah, they actually changed the sculpt a bit and it's bigger to fit over a head, but none of that improved the thing. I really don't get why they don't just blow up the far superior current 3.75 Stormy bucket sculpt for the BS line.

Yeah, they actually changed the sculpt a bit and it's bigger to fit over a head, but none of that improved the thing. I really don't get why they don't just blow up the far superior current 3.75 Stormy bucket sculpt for the BS line.

I wondered the same thing. They can do it. Hasbro cost cutting I guess

I hope Hasbro will face print ANH Leia I can’t keep using Hoth Leia with ANH Han!

Wait sure I can my shelf my rules I can do whatever the **** I want can’t I lol

758DF33A-EADC-467E-9724-D2F86E916481.jpg

Back