Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are you always around the corner to correct me? :lol

Yes technically Thrawn is a Rebels character. He's always been a part of the SWEU to me so I didn't think to label him a part of the Rebels cast. But damnit, you're right. :p

I'm always around, lying in wait for my opportunity, I am the Corrector! :p
I didn't notice I was shadowing you, I'll try to take note of that and bite my tongue.

The only new stuff I've seen around here has been mostly Vaders, a couple stormtroopers, Thrawn and Rey. Hoping to see a Poe soon, got plans in mind for him.
36805072912_0ac460c220_c.jpg

36579723270_ee10452344_c.jpg

I did finish up my Fleet Trooper custom the other day too. A little rough around the edges still, but it's my first full body and head repaint in this scale.

This line is really hit or miss.. Picked up a bunch of baddies for cheap. There are standouts, like the amazing anh vader and tusken raider, along with the biker scout set a few years back. Some major misses, like farmboy luke, anh leia, and the godawful tie fighter pilot (classic). Re-release stormie is ok - dome is off, and the snowtrooper is almost perfect, except for the long, narrow look of the facemask.

I wish they would raise the price to $39.00 each, and just give us all out versions of the figures.....

This line is really hit or miss.. Picked up a bunch of baddies for cheap. There are standouts, like the amazing anh vader and tusken raider, along with the biker scout set a few years back. Some major misses, like farmboy luke, anh leia, and the godawful tie fighter pilot (classic). Re-release stormie is ok - dome is off, and the snowtrooper is almost perfect, except for the long, narrow look of the facemask.

I wish they would raise the price to $39.00 each, and just give us all out versions of the figures.....

Over+a+month+ago+_40d38919c6c7345ffab6134b97a960ee.gif

Said no one ever lol

Well, I mean raise the price to compete with the mafex and sh figuarts lines more, and by increasing the quality double fold.
Even MAFEX, as hit or miss as they can be, is substantially better in quality to the point where it isn't even proportional. If Hasbro raised the price to $40 at best we would maybe get good paint and a couple more accessories, but I doubt construction and articulation would improve to match imports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing I hate the most about BS is the cheap, rubbery plastic. It's night and day when you hold an SHF and BS

Well, I mean raise the price to compete with the mafex and sh figuarts lines more, and by increasing the quality double fold. Hasbro can do it, as the 40th vader has shown. At $20 or $22, quality of the line is all over the place, currently

If the past is anything to go on, Hasbro won't try to improve things with a higher price point. More accessories but the same quality.
Oil prices rise, plastic toy prices rise, oil prices fall, toy prices stay the same.

Has there been any talk of the BS Centerpiece statues? Basically it's a return of the old Star Wars Unleashed statues with light up functions, in scale and intended to be compatible with regular BS 6" figures. I saw a review on Youtube, the paint looks abysmal on Luke but inline with the regular BS figures. $50 each, the Unleashed statues were $20. Official Hasbro release video:

Saw a couple of those at Best Buy yesterday. Looks pretty cool but they're kinda pricey. $50 I think?
Edit: $50 you righhht

I usually swear off human faced Black Series since the likeness is usually ****. And I am not saying this is really good -- it's actually really off as usual.

But I ****ing love Adam Driver.

I hope Hot Toys reveals their sculpt soon.

dP4glZj.jpg

I don't think its a bad likeness for the price, but when I look at it I think some harry Potter fan could do a Snape custom with that head.

No shock, often not having stock and over-charging against the market.

Meanwhile, I've not delved into the 6" series besides Jabba until now, but Vader turned out so good I couldn't resist.

IMG_7714.JPG

Yeah if you're going to own just one it would be him.

The rest just wait for Hasbro's face scan updates they will still be much cheaper than those imports.

Back