Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those interested in this new line of 6" scale figures, here's my video review of the new Bandai Samurai Darth Vader figure. Hands down one of the best Star Wars figures I have bought this year!

Sculpting detail, paint application, articulation, build quality are simply outstanding!

Hope you can check out the review, subscribe, and comment with your thoughts on this unique figure!

I received Vader, Jedi Luke and Chewie yesterday. I love Chewie; I would have liked him to be more articulated (he's got a lot of joints and such, but the furry sculpt inhibits a lot of the movement), but he's got a really good presence and looks good just standing there.

I actually like Vader more than Jedi Luke. The only problem I have with Vader is the little gap between the facemask part of the helmet and the bottom of the "mouth" area. Maybe I'm not too picky with the line, being only a casual Star Wars fan, but I don't think Vader is a disappointment or a bad figure.

Jedi Luke isn't all that great, which is a shame because I held off on buying Bespin Luke as I knew a Jedi version was on the way. I still like him, but his headsculpt looks a bit worse than the other figures in the line, and he bears a troubling resemblance to Justin Beiber. Mine does, at least. He's definitely the worst of the three figures I just got, and he doesn't seem to be a very great value. Still, cool to have a Jedi Luke and I'm happy to have him as part of the collection. Isn't up to the standard of X-Wing Luke, though, and I'm guessing a lot of people would say most of the line hasn't been, either.

Wow!!! This is hard to pass up at that price. Speeder bike and Scout Trooper are down to $21.43.

Yeah, thanks again to Vortex for posting - the speeder bike may end up even being the same $15 as Jabba, so people should keep an eye on it. I just didn't want to run the risk of Jabba selling out at $15, and the $21 for the bike is still great.

Yeah, thanks again to Vortex for posting - the speeder bike may end up even being the same $15 as Jabba, so people should keep an eye on it. I just didn't want to run the risk of Jabba selling out at $15, and the $21 for the bike is still great.
Speeder bike price is going back up again.

Tap'd from my LG G3

Speeder bike price is going back up again.

Tap'd from my LG G3

:dunno Amazon pricing is weird - it's like buying an airline ticket where the price seems to change a bit hour by hour. I got two bikes but if they do a Luke/Leia Endor I would have gotten another one.

EDIT: Just got my first bike and it was really well packed - strong, correct size box, item precisely wrapped in bubble wrap. Maybe all those "packaging feedback" surveys weren't a waste of time.

:dunno Amazon pricing is weird - it's like buying an airline ticket where the price seems to change a bit hour by hour. I got two bikes but if they do a Luke/Leia Endor I would have gotten another one.

EDIT: Just got my first bike and it was really well packed - strong, correct size box, item precisely wrapped in bubble wrap. Maybe all those "packaging feedback" surveys weren't a waste of time.
I've received some figures from Amazon that were very well packaged and wrapped. My Neca Iron Maiden Eddie figure was wrapped and sealed in a plastic bag. None of my Black Series were. But none were damaged at all in shipping luckily.

Tap'd from my LG G3

I've received some figures from Amazon that were very well packaged and wrapped. My Neca Iron Maiden Eddie figure was wrapped and sealed in a plastic bag. None of my Black Series were. But none were damaged at all in shipping luckily.

Tap'd from my LG G3

I have concerns about the Jabba I just ordered, but I guess for $15 it deserves to arrive totally crushed.:lol

I picked up the BS 6" Tie Pilot, Sandtrooper 2.0 and Chewbacca today at Toys R Us. They're fantastic. I bought Chewie and DS II Luke at Walgreens two weeks ago when they were on sale for $14, but never opened Chewbacca. The one I found today looked even better. Once you pose him next to Han, it's a great little set up.

I saw Vader and Yoda there too, but they look like garbage. I refuse to pick them up. How are you going to mess up two classic characters that badly? Boba Fett and Greedo are pretty much perfect and yet, Hasbro couldn't do the same for Vader and Yoda? Huh?

Saw the new set at walgreens last night. I picked up the tie pilot and left the rest. The tie pilot is perfect once you cut the holster off his belt. Now I need another 2 or 3

How isn't he?

- big, brown puppy dog eyes
- 2 piece mask/helmet that falls apart just by looking at it
- gap between mouth and mask
- gaudy ass chain
- stitched cape to the chest armor

Hasbro could have done way better. It's sad when their 3 3/4 inch Vader's are better than their 6" one.

[...] Hasbro could have done way better. It's sad when their 3 3/4 inch Vader's are better than their 6" one.

Agreed. I had a brief flirtation with 3.75" Hasbro (I was younger and experimental, what?) and the ... VC 93 Vader from 2012, I think...kicked the BS6" Vader's sorry ass. I'm not a Hasbro hater per se, I have two BS6" sandtroopers (second release) that I just love...but I'm not giving them a pass on some of the garbage they churn out.

I wish they would put more effort into the quality of these things. I bought the first set that came out and the paint apps were so bad that I refused to buy any more. Way overpriced for what they are, IMO

I wish they would put more effort into the quality of these things. I bought the first set that came out and the paint apps were so bad that I refused to buy any more. Way overpriced for what they are, IMO

The second release Sandies (at least the copies I have) are outstanding with tight paint apps. Surprisingly good, but I don't know how much the production runs on this release vary.

The second release Sandies (at least the copies I have) are outstanding with tight paint apps. Surprisingly good, but I don't know how much the production runs on this release vary.

It's probably hit and miss on quality much like anything that is mass produced. I love the idea of the 6" line, but I just can't pay that much for them

I'm not really understanding what series is coming out or what has past. Has the series with the tie fighter pilot come and gone? Because all I see is a bunch of Hans,slave leia, and I think greedo. Is the tie pilot going to be that impossible to find figure that I gotta spend double for if I want it?

That wave is out now, yes. It feels like like Toys R Us skipped 2 waves to stock Jabba and Biker Scout. I saw Tie Pilot wave in Target, so Lord knows if/when TRU will get it.

I'm not really understanding what series is coming out or what has past. Has the series with the tie fighter pilot come and gone? Because all I see is a bunch of Hans,slave leia, and I think greedo. Is the tie pilot going to be that impossible to find figure that I gotta spend double for if I want it?

I've been seeing the Tie Pilot wave at multiple Walgreens stores lately,so you might give them a shot if you have any stores around you.And much less busy than Wal Mart/Target/TRU etc. lol.

Back